Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OC Minitips #2: Lusii
Offline 09-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Reply: #1
OC Minitips #2: Lusii
OC MINITIPS: LUSII
Okay so this one probably applies way more to fantrolls than fankids (like, infinitely so), but for the sake of having a continuous series I'll keep it as OC Minitips. I've got some tips for avoiding bland/common lusii and having something memorable!

1.) MYSTICAL, MYSTICAL, MYSTICAL.
This is the absolute biggest problem I've seen when it comes to troll lusii: having them just be normal (white) animals. SNOOOOORE. With the exception of like, Eridan, all of the lusii we've seen have at least SOME mystical or mythical aspect to them (and even with Eridan's, he floats above water, so that's technically unrealistic in and of itself). I mean there's like, a whale, at one point, but we don't know enough about that one to say that it doesn't have some sort of supernatural power as well. Look through the list of them all, they all are unrealistic in some aspect, even if it's having an extra mouth or a different body shape or unique size. Sollux has a cyclops rip-off. Terezi has a dragon. You can absolutely branch out from real life animals to fantasy creatures!

2.) GO SECOND-THOUGHT, NOT FIRST THOUGHT.
This one is for all you people with super common lusii with no real connection to themes. At first it would make sense to go with the first lusus idea that comes to mind, right? After all, if there's a theme and an animal you immediately think of, they clearly have a connection, right? Well, if you want to avoid having a very common lusus like the overly generic snake or wolf lusus, brainstorm. There's no downside to trying to come up with MORE ideas: if you don't come up with anything better than your first, use your first, and if you do, well. Take a wild guess.

This is because if it immediately comes to YOUR mind first, it'll have come to somebody else's mind first as well. Just saying.

3.) GO FUCKING WILD.
What it says on the tin. I wouldn't recommend JUST stopping at adding another appendage to a common animal and calling it a day. Get CREATIVE. THEME your lusus even STRONGER than before. It might be a little easier to get a better handle on lusii and troll culture in general once Hiveswap comes out but until then, look at the more extreme lusii and see if you can outdo that - not to the point where their bodies look like abstract abominations, but try to touch into your inner core and draw out crazy concepts and try and make them work. Making lusii is one of the most free and artistic things you can do when it comes to fantrolls - no restrictions, no rules to follow besides "make them white", just a theme and a world of possibilities.

Do me proud, guys. Alien out.

Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-14-2017, 12:40 AM
Reply: #2
RE: OC Minitips #2: Lusii
This is really helpful. I just realized how bland some of my fantrolls' lusii are, thanks so much!
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Reply: #3
[Image: RZ0gixq.png]

Offline 09-16-2017, 06:06 AM
Reply: #4
How about a six-legged/armed Kodiak Bear with moose antlers?
Or a kilometer-long Wurm (wingless limbless dragon, worm, thhhhhhhhing)?
Or a truck-sized bacteriophage? (Think of the virus shape. Ya know, all skinny with that crystal structure on top)
Or a hivemind of sentient sand particles that form into a large sand castle with some sort of core?
Or a twin-headed twin-tailed scaleplated reptile?

Yes these are all for some of my fantrolls, but how about that eh? Sorta, creative?

MS: Ciao~ My name is Antonio Mars Copernicus. You can can just call me "Tony" though, for short. How's your day been coming along?
Offline 09-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Reply: #5
(09-16-2017 06:06 AM)Dasva Danya Wrote:  How about a six-legged/armed Kodiak Bear with moose antlers?
Or a kilometer-long Wurm (wingless limbless dragon, worm, thhhhhhhhing)?
Or a truck-sized bacteriophage? (Think of the virus shape. Ya know, all skinny with that crystal structure on top)
Or a hivemind of sentient sand particles that form into a large sand castle with some sort of core?
Or a twin-headed twin-tailed scaleplated reptile?

Yes these are all for some of my fantrolls, but how about that eh? Sorta, creative?

The only one I have a real issue with is the sand one and even then that's because it's. That's sand. Every grain's gotta have a brain and a heart and blood and shit because it's still a living creature with vital organs. But besides that, yeah, that's generally a good line of thinking.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)