Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
LGBQTA+ Information Board
Offline 08-26-2017, 08:37 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-26-2017 10:28 AM by trashtopia.)(Edited by trashtopia.)
Reply: #1
LGBQTA+ Information Board
[dave]this is a memo for information about/for the LGBQTA+ community. Feel free to add anything that has been missed, or you want to add details for.

T: Transgenders are people who identify as a diffrent gender then the one they were assigned at birth.

A: Asexuals are people who do not have a sexual attraction to people.

A: Aromantics are people who do not have a romantic attraction to people.

H: Homosexuals are people who have attraction to people of the same gender.

H: Heterosexuals are people who have an attraction to people of the opposite gender.

P: Pansexuals are prople who have an attraction to anyone reguardless of gender.

D: Demisexuals are people who can only form a relaionship with someone that they are close to.

B: Bisexuals are people who have an attraction to people of both genders.

N: Non-binary is a term for people who do not identify by any gender.</dave>
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-08-2017, 03:03 PM (This reply was last modified: 09-08-2017 03:16 PM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #2
RE: LGBQTA+ Information Board
Quick corrections - it's "transgender people," not "transgenders" (and just as a side note, also never "transgendered.") Transgender and its abbreviation "trans" are adjectives!

Bisexual people have an attraction to multiple genders. Some define it as attraction to two or more genders. Since nonbinary people exist, "both genders" isn't really an accurate statement, habitual as it may be!

And some nonbinary people do have a gender or genders! Nonbinary is an umbrella term for any gender that isn't male or female. The word for someone with no gender is "agender," which (I believe) is one example of a nonbinary identity. Some nonbinary people identify as just "nonbinary," while other nonbinary people have identities like "agender" or "genderfluid" (to name a couple that come to mind), all of which don't fall solidly at one end or another of the gender spectrum.

Thanks for putting this memo together, I think it's sweet, if off topic. You said to add information if we like, so there's me doing my best! I'm not any kind of expert ftr. GLAAD is a good source for anyone who wants to learn more than just a memo on a roleplaying forum.

(Also, this might belong better on the General Discussion board, but I don't know how to move memos!)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Quote this message in a reply
Online 09-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Reply: #3
(09-08-2017 03:03 PM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  (Also, this might belong better on the General Discussion board, but I don't know how to move memos!)

You can't move memos, only mods have that power (and we all know the mod situation with PARP) - your best bet would be to post a new one and either delete this one or keep it but edit it to point to the new one for further discussion.

(also thank you for your corrections, why-am-i-here, really well-worded)

Offline 09-09-2017, 07:21 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-09-2017 07:21 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #4
Ah, that's right. Thank you, Alienoid! Yeah no I'm not gonna cause a fuss about moving it, we can survive without mods and understand it's not gonna be perfect until everything actually gets settled.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)