Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best way to back up material from the forums?
Offline 08-16-2017, 09:30 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-16-2017 10:28 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #1
Best way to back up material from the forums?
I have some stuff I'd like to save in case anything happens to the forums - mostly my Up Your Roleplaying Game series and alpha troll session guide, but there are a few other memos I care enough about to hold onto. Is the best thing to do just to copy-paste them, with and without BBCode, and save them in a document on my computer, or is there some convenient trick to saving backup copies of forum posts that I'm not tech-savvy enough to know?

EDIT: this would be particularly helpful if there's a way to back up a memo in its entirety, like, including replies.

EDIT x2 COMBOB: to be clear I've already copy pasted the stuff I want to preserve, but if there's some nifty backup trick I don't know about, that's why I'm asking.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Online 08-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Best way to back up material from the forums?
Not exactly a way to save them to your computers, but as far as I know you're able to save them using the Wayback Machine. That's what I've done, anyway.

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Reply: #3
Thank you!!!

x1(list)
Offline 08-19-2017, 11:09 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-19-2017 11:09 PM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #4
Wayback machine isn't the greatest- It only catalogues particular pages. I suggest copy pasting onto a google docs and editing it from there. If you are trying to backup your fanventure, I suggest posting it on MSPFA. A few others from here are in the process of doing that, including myself.

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
Offline 08-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Reply: #5
(08-19-2017 11:09 PM)Void Wrote:  Wayback machine isn't the greatest- It only catalogues particular pages. I suggest copy pasting onto a google docs and editing it from there. If you are trying to backup your fanventure, I suggest posting it on MSPFA. A few others from here are in the process of doing that, including myself.

Thank you so much! To be honest, I couldn't really work out wayback machine (though I didn't spend all to much time on it) so I've been doing just that, copy-pasting. It's all good to know though! (Thank goodness I don't have a fan adventure to save, that sounds tedious.)

Offline 08-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Reply: #6
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-save-web-page

this is how you save an entire page, it will include all images and such and you can open them in your browser after saving them

[Image: GoNfHp9.png]
Offline 08-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Reply: #7
(08-20-2017 08:08 PM)dognose Wrote:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-save-web-page

this is how you save an entire page, it will include all images and such and you can open them in your browser after saving them

Thank you!!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)