Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
God Tier Analysis for OCs by Some Loser
Offline 08-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Reply: #1
God Tier Analysis for OCs by Some Loser
(this was the only forum that seemed like it fit to put this into, apologies if it should go somewhere else.)

I consider myself to be pretty good at determining what class and aspect an OC (or an actual person) is, and also at describing exactly what those roles mean, and giving examples as to how it could work. I help my friends all the time with it, and none of them have told me my view on it is stupid yet, so I figured I'd give some help to these forums too.

Please note: I disagree with a lot of theories about classes/aspects that have been longstanding in the Homestuck fandom. I don't want this thread to devolve into arguments, so if you disagree with something I say, feel free to PM me about it, I'd love to hear your perspective.

That said, I would be glad to help you with your class and aspect needs! If you want me to figure out what god tier your oc would be, what powers they would have given a certain god tier, how god tiers would interact with each other, etc. post in this thread! Please be specific with your requests, ESPECIALLY if you're asking me to give a god tier to one of your ocs.

If you want me to analyze someone for a mythological role, please at LEAST answer these questions:
What is your character's biggest flaw?
How does your character deal with their problems?
What sorts of things is your character interested in?
What does your character act like?
Along with any other information you feel would be helpful for me.

And in case it's helpful to anyone, I'm going to include my lists of complimenting/opposing classes here.

Classes-

Passive/Active-
Seer/Mage
Bard/Prince
Maid/Witch
Sylph/Knight
Heir/Page
Rogue/Thief

Opposing-
Seer opposes Page (helping the helpless)
Prince opposes Sylph (destruction nullified)
Knight opposes Bard (trying to defend insanity)
Heir opposes Thief (stolen inheritance)
Witch opposes Rogue (stealing from the rich)
Maid opposes Mage (controlling without control)

Complimenting-
Maid and Rogue (gifting to the poor)
Heir and Seer (guided instinct)
Knight and Page (defending the helpless)
Thief and Prince (breaking and entering)
Sylph and Bard (kept in check)
Mage and Witch (covering weak spots)

Aspects-

Pairs-
Space/Time
Life/Doom
Void/Light
Breath/Blood
Heart/Mind
Rage/Hope

Complimenting-
Space and Life (Creating Life)
Time and Doom (Eventual Entropy)
Breath and Hope (Freedom to Explore)
Heart and Blood (Friendship and Love)
Mind and Void (Clear Head)
Light and Rage (Intelligent Ire)

Opposing-
Space and Doom (Heat Death)
Life and Time (Old Age)
Mind and Light (Distracted)
Heart and Hope (Lovesick)
Blood and Void (Detached)
Breath and Rage (Rampage)

Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Away 08-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Reply: #2
RE: God Tier Analysis for OCs by Some Loser
Hi i have a new oc and maybe you can help me with finding out his mythological role.

Name:crizal yupian

His biggest flaw is that he is anti social and he often puts aside his problems until the very last minute. He likes to play strategical games like chess and listen to various genres of music. He also likes to read books and even though he may not say it he cares about his friends alot. In general he is a strong silent type.

[Image: Index.gif]
nyan nyan nyan (*^w^*)
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Reply: #3
Hey, am I allowed to give some advice on this thread too?
Or do you want it to just be yours?

Offline 08-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Reply: #4
Hey I have two difrent OCs one page of light and the other page of rage. What kinda powers would they gain from their claspects as they leveled up and what would they both be like at their peak pagey[/i] potentail

There's exactly a 99.9% that this memo your reading has an error in it. Seriously, check I dare you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Offline 08-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Reply: #5
(08-07-2017 08:25 PM)Fotian_Castor Wrote:  Hi i have a new oc and maybe you can help me with finding out his mythological role.

Name:crizal yupian

His biggest flaw is that he is anti social and he often puts aside his problems until the very last minute. He likes to play strategical games like chess and listen to various genres of music. He also likes to read books and even though he may not say it he cares about his friends alot. In general he is a strong silent type.

This isn't quite enough information to give a confident answer, but I'm definitely getting some void aspect vibes. I'd need a lot more information to say class, if you'd rather PM me about it feel free.

(08-07-2017 11:40 PM)eridamn-damnpora Wrote:  Hey I have two difrent OCs one page of light and the other page of rage. What kinda powers would they gain from their claspects as they leveled up and what would they both be like at their peak pagey[/i] potentail

Pages are a class that is pretty terrible unless they completely reach their full potential, and getting there is not exactly easy. (None of the pages in canon did, unless you count the cheaty Aranea stuff with Jake.) In general, when a page reaches their full potential, they can manifest their aspect. This will probably involve an aura of aspect-y stuff, as well as bringing things to reality related to their aspect. Jake, for example, manifested brain ghost Dirk by believing in him really hard.

So, for a page of light, this could mean a number of things. First off, they'd be shining rays of light in every direction, as if they were a disco ball or something. (bonus points for rainbow colors :P) Light has to do with luck, fortune, and information, so as for manifesting things, they would likely be able to manifest things that they know about, just by being such a massive expert on the thing, or by being incredibly lucky.

Rage is much more open-ended. Rage has to do with passion and emotion. A page of rage has the potential to be either completely game-breaking, or totally useless, depending on what they're passionate about. They manifest that thing into reality by caring about it so hard it has no choice but to exist. For example, if a page of rage were OBSESSED with trains, they could manifest train tracks into reality and create an enormous maze that they could ride a train on. If they were instead passionate about something more serious, their rage-y explosion could be MUCH more dangerous. This really all depends on your OC and what they're most passionate about.

(08-07-2017 11:13 PM)Ghostsoul Wrote:  Hey, am I allowed to give some advice on this thread too?
Or do you want it to just be yours?

I'd prefer this to just be my thread, if you wanted to do this, feel free to steal my idea and make a new thread, I won't mind.

Offline 08-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Reply: #6
ooh, this may be helpful, i have an OC based on a stereotypical trumpet player and can't decide on a title for him

first his POV:
TM: umm, i don't have any flaws, i am like literally the best at everything.
TM: what problems.
TM: well, i play the trumpet, i play baskeball, i love vidio games, you should see my stats in call of duty.
TM: i'm pretty chill.
TM: well firstly since i am the best at everything, i should obviously have the best claspect.

now from a third person POV

he has a big head, he thinks he is better than everyone, but in the end, he is only average.
firstly he will just ignore them. if that doesn't work he will blame some one else, because how could this possibly be his fault.
aside from being popular and being the center of attention, he also enjoys playing the trumpet, playing basketball,(he would do foot ball, but he is rather scrawny), and he loves playing first person shooter games.
he acts as if the entire universe revolved around him, he will always manage to turn the attention towards himself and to be honest, he is not above putting others down to the point of being a bully to get what he wants.
I think that that's it.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)