Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newsies Dave Prompt
Offline 08-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Reply: #1
Newsies Dave Prompt
So I've been looking to do a Newsies prompt of mine (basically it's centered around the Newsies musical however if you know nothing about that I'll tell you.) However, no one seems to be taking it. If you're into the newsies and would love to be a John or a Karkat, please hit me up!

So basically what the Newsies is/what the prompt is about:

Around 1899, I believe, Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst ran a newspaper company. And what was happening was they were working kids (children about ages 9-19, in this case, Dave is about 18), and they're raising the hours the kids work (work being making headlines for the news papers, printing and delivering them) and they're lowering/not even giving the kids their pay. So the group of children go on strike and refuse to make any more newspapers (not all of them some are resistant) and riots are now breaking out due to it. Some kids dream of a better life not where they live in because it's shitty.

Sorry, I did a terrible job explaining it, but if you need more information I could probably tell you.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Newsies Dave Prompt
Hey yo
In all honesty, I'm not that familiar with the history of that time, but your RP advertisement has piqued my interest. I typically play as Karkat, and would be quite interested in role-playing this with you if you're willing to give it a go, yea.
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Reply: #3
(08-09-2017 12:25 PM)iytofugyluyg Wrote:  Hey yo
In all honesty, I'm not that familiar with the history of that time, but your RP advertisement has piqued my interest. I typically play as Karkat, and would be quite interested in role-playing this with you if you're willing to give it a go, yea.

Dude that'd be hella great, and sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been swamped with work.
Offline 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM
Reply: #4
It's all good. Okay, so how does one set up a chat-room on here? Or would ya prefer to rp this elsewhere? Honestly don't really know how to go about this, yea. Apologies, yea

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)