Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
SBURB Bug Help Desk
Group TagsCanon OC AU
Offline 06-05-2017, 03:42 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-05-2017 04:14 AM by recursiveSlacker.)(Edited by recursiveSlacker.)
Reply: #11
RE: SBURB Bug Help Desk
(06-05-2017 01:17 AM)GreyBoy77 Wrote:  -- ??? AstrologicalWagerer [AW] ??? HOURS FROM NOW responded to the memo ---
AW: $Ok so To use Those TAgs you puT AT The beggining (OHGODWHAT) (Ninety Dimensional Chess: Skaia)

AW:$Yes we fucked up. To suM our siTuATion in A couple of senTences: Due To A chAin of evenTs involving a BArd of Life wiTh PK And AggrievAnce our BlAck King ended up wiTh The BlAck Queen's Ring, which's power he Then used To kill The WhiTe King And sTarT The reckoning.

AW:$Given ThAT we were A Ten plAyers session And now There Are four lefT we know we couldn'T fighT the King And Tried To scrATch.

AW:$Here sTArTs The gliTch becAuse AppArenTly our BlAck King CAN leAve SkAiA And hAs now insTAlled hiMself in My PlAneT prevenTing us froM Accesing The ScrATch consTrucT.
[CRITICAL]
RS: SHIT DOG YOU DONE DID FUCKED THE FUCK UP.

RS: Okay, I've heard of carapacians getting ahold of royalty items. They're known as Crowned Carapacians, and come in two varieties: Ringwraiths and Scepterevolutionaries. This, though? A king getting ahold of a scepter AND a ring? It's unheard of, and thus, no terminology applies.

RS: Let's call him a Moronic Bullshit Supermonarch.

RS: Now, Kings are supposed to remain on Skaia due to their AI. But having a ring and not being the Queen overrides normal AI routines for self-restraint and following the rules of normal royals, like staying on Derse as the Queen or staying on Skaia as the King. They then follow whatever goals they have without regards to the rules of the war between Light and Dark.

RS: Normally, it's Jack who gets a ring, and his strong anti-royalty attitudes drive him to kill all of the monarchs. I've also seen the Wizardly Vassal get his fair share of scepters and rings, and he delivers equally devastating, though much less bloody, beatdowns.

RS: Usually they consist of him punching them in the face repeatedly, then making them sign off on a declaration of independence. Then he writes up a constitution while they watch helplessly.

RS: Fuck yeah, democracy bitches.

RS: A Black King with a ring of orbs would act to destroy Skaia and ALSO stop a new session from starting via a Scratch. Normally Kings respect the Scratch as a part of the war, but this guy gives zero shits due to his Ringwraith status. He ain't gonna let you win, no matter what the rules say.

RS: Situations like this are what Choices are for. If you have a Denizen remaining, probably Echidna due to the fact that she isn't meant to be killed, you can Bargain With The Beast to help you out.

RS: Echidna is so cool. She doesn't even have a real lair, she just hangs out around the Forge. No Slaying Of The Beast, no huge fight, just a free Choice ready to be made if shit hits the fan. Lucky Space players. I had to deal with Nix's bullshit.

RS: The cost is inversely proportional to how dire the situation is, so you won't have to sacrifice much to get the assistance you need.

RS: The Mother Of All Monsters will help you. Just trust me on this.

(06-05-2017 01:20 AM)The Vantas Inquision Wrote:  
---User gloatingHarbinger responded to the memo 413 DAYS from now---

GH: Okay so i'm gonna just get straight to the goddamn point.
GH: THIS IS FUCKED!
GH: People are dying on the streets and everyone else in my session is trying to stop this goddamn virus!
GH: Goddammit Skaia.
GH: Just when I save civilization, you fucking ruin it.
GH: Shit is fucked my dudes.
GH: This is not good.
GH: So basically I spawned in a Denizen, it was dead and contaminated.
GH: It carried this virus, which like, glitches people and they die of some mysterious wound or they die by their own hands.
GH: FUCKING M. NIGHT SHAMADICK WAS RIGHT!
GH: ITS THE FUCKING HAPPENING.
GH: All the life players are dead and most of the slyphs are dead too.
GH: If anyone would like to help before me and my friends die in my shitty house, please do.
GH: I could really use something.
[CRITICAL]

RS: Well fuck. What happened is probably related to a bullshit quest line about a "plague" affecting consorts once you kill your Denizen.

RS: The way SBURB is coded is stupid. Denizens have TWO hp stats, one that's a session-wide variable and one connected to the object. I don't know why, don't ask.

RS: When you hurt the Denizen, you damage the Session hp for the Denizen, and every tick, the Denizen object hp is set to equal the Session variable for the hp.

RS: Yeah, I wasn't lying when I said it was stupid. Everything about this game is.

RS: So when you spawned in a second Denizen, it was alive, then got set to match the session variable for that Denizen's hp. Aka, zero. It died REALLY fuckin fast.

RS: And that's the problem. It triggered the plague twice, but the stats for the second instance of plague was empty. It removed the data from the array of plague effects once it was done (which was stupid) so the plague had no stats, and thus whoever it affected lost their stats too. HP, godtier status, everything. So they died and didn't revive.

RS: Healing also failed because they had no MaxHP to heal up to.

RS: Sorry. You're SO fucked.

I wish some people would use this before claiming stupid things.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Reply: #12
Moderate - (Dream Moons: Sleep's Broke Plz Fix)

CB: I used the dream moon tag, but I don't really think this is so much about our sessions dream moons as it is the people living on them
CB: There were supposed to be carapacians here, I know there were
CB: But we woke up and they were just... gone
CB: There's no one on Prospit, no one on Derse, and the battlefield is empty
CB: The reckoning happened as we were entering our session, so they have to be *somewhere*
CB: I just... Can't figure out where they all went
CB: And now we're all just kinda stuck here since we've got no carapaces, and therefore we've got no end game boss
CB: Help?

8^y
Part 2 is up and with more nonsense than ever.
Offline 06-06-2017, 12:14 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-06-2017 04:52 AM by recursiveSlacker.)(Edited by recursiveSlacker.)
Reply: #13
(06-05-2017 01:10 PM)captivatedBibliosoph Wrote:  Moderate - (Dream Moons: Sleep's Broke Plz Fix)

CB: I used the dream moon tag, but I don't really think this is so much about our sessions dream moons as it is the people living on them
CB: There were supposed to be carapacians here, I know there were
CB: But we woke up and they were just... gone
CB: There's no one on Prospit, no one on Derse, and the battlefield is empty
CB: The reckoning happened as we were entering our session, so they have to be *somewhere*
CB: I just... Can't figure out where they all went
CB: And now we're all just kinda stuck here since we've got no carapaces, and therefore we've got no end game boss
CB: Help?
RS: Oh my god I'm dying bro this is GOLD

RS: Okay, so, you know how kernelsprites are attracted to doomed or dead things?

RS: Well, boy oh boy did a kernel get prototyped with something doomed as fuck. Apparently you are the proud owner of a TopQuarksprite.

RS: Most particles are prohibited from being prototyped, so we don't immediately end up with Nitrogensprite every fucking game. But apparently that variant of quark wasn't included in banned prototypings because, it's such a rare and short-lived particle that needs such high energy to create it, it would NORMALLY be impossible to prototype it anyways.

RS: You are the ONLY session where this has happened. Ever. You are unfathomably unlucky- I don't have enough room to put the proper number of zeroes in the percentages.

RS: When a kernel is prototyped, all carapacians gain the full powers of the prototyping for one game tick, then lose most of the non-cosmetic changes immediately afterwards unless they have a Ring or Scepter.

RS: One game tick is ample time for the top quark to decay. Those scorch marks on the moons and battlefields are from showers of high-energy particles and gamma rays resulting from the weak nuclear force making your carapacians its bitches.

RS: The Scepter, of course, just got dropped from really high up by the White King when he stopped being biology and started being physics. It may have broken, but if it didn't, you're incredibly LUCKY.

RS: You can do your quests whenever. Technically the prophecy of Prospit losing came true, and once you have the frog ready and the ectobiology done, just launch the meteors yourself, ensure your own existence, and plop the tadpole into the battlefield.

RS: If the Scepter already broke, you're boned. Do ectobiology fast and try to fling the meteors in a stable orbit again- it's TECHNICALLY possible to subvert the Reckoning if you nudge all of the meteors correctly.

RS: In practice, it's impossible. So let's hope the Scepter didn't break and you instead have an incredibly easy session. You just might be a lucky bastard getting served a win on a silver plate like you're on butler island.

RS: Unless you're saying you saw the actual RECKONING instead of the meteors headed to your homes. In which case, sorry!

Offline 06-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Reply: #14
BS: Exuse me! I believe I have a glitch on the OhGodWhat level, as there is currently a HorrorTerror outside of my hive.
BS: Is there anyway for the game to be won, or are we irreversibly screwed?

BS: I've had enough of hiding underneath my covers.
Offline 06-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Reply: #15
TC: woah bro
TC: this all sounds like some motherfucking crazy stuff to be going on down there
TC: all we had was a big black motherfucking barkbeast come and all up slice our hive in half
TC: then we all got crammed in here and i'm just hanging out on this horn pile
TC: my motherfucking pan is bumping
TC: wait
TC: motherfuck, why did I come here again?
TC: oh wait, yeah I remember
TC: we got a big dog coming up and slashing motherfuckers all whilst glowing green
TC: looked motherfucking pretty if you ask me

[Image: 9bb7pc.gif]

Do the evolution
Offline 06-22-2017, 03:30 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-22-2017 03:31 AM by recursiveSlacker.)(Edited by recursiveSlacker.)
Reply: #16
(06-21-2017 08:48 AM)BleakStag Wrote:  BS: Exuse me! I believe I have a glitch on the OhGodWhat level, as there is currently a HorrorTerror outside of my hive.
BS: Is there anyway for the game to be won, or are we irreversibly screwed?

RS: Yeah, you're likely fucked.

RS: Sometimes Horrorterrors are spawned in as a feature of glitched lands (same with Angels) with an appropriate title. Whatever you do, don't listen to them speak. Do not engage them. Do not look at them. Find some way to get the grist hoard your Denizen has, then find a way to hurl your planet out into the Furthest Ring (after evacuating all players and consorts).

RS: Do as little as you have to in order to achieve the bare minimum victory requirements for the session that involve your land. Then ensure you never go back by avoiding all gates altogether, since they might lead to your now-in-space-hell planet.

RS: You won't progress as much since you aren't doing sidequests that give sweet loot, but on the flip side, you have a chance at survival this way.

Online 06-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Reply: #17
Computer Techie[CT] responded to a memo
CT: Oh hey, where was this like a month ago when we first glitched up our session?
CT: at this point, I can tell you exactly how we glitched the session
CT: or at least the first time
CT: and at this point, most repercussions are over with
CT: i guess first i' put your tags on this
CT: i guess that (The Ring Thing: Prototyping) works as that's what started it all
CT: Maybe (Dialogue Spewers and Dungeon Fodder: NPCs) because that's who it all affected? mostly
CT: and from your description the difficulty level I guess (Moderate)?
CT: Anyways, basically what happened is when our third player entered, a bunch of things happened at the same time
CT: a nuke hit his bunker at the exact same time he entered, and somehow the radiation prototyped it'self with his sprite all of this happened within a split second.
CT: now all the monsters are randomly mutating
CT: and the echalader seems to have been replaced by something called the evoladder
CT: Basically every five evolved enemies we kill,(+- some depending on difficulty) we can gain a mutation from one of those five enemies
CT: at this point, we are mostly ok with it, but just letting you know for your next release to not allow radiation to be prototyped
CT: also while i'm at it, another glitch that we have encountered, this one i would put under (Oh My Fucking Godtier Mechanics)(Minor)
CT: another player seems to have entered our season after going god tier, and one of her consorts interrupting the god tier process,
CT: and now different entities from her session seem to be leaking into ours, so far it's only been her house, her planet, her Denison's corpse, and now a few of her consorts
CT: but at least she is now in a game she can win
CT: ya big fucked up session, there are a hundred more minor glitches that i could let you know about such as horror terrors giving people the strength to break planets in half, but i think those are the two big ones
Offline 06-24-2017, 04:56 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-24-2017 07:49 AM by gamerAudabary.)(Edited by gamerAudabary.)
Reply: #18
-~- gawkyAcoustic entered memo 418 hours from now -~-
GA: Hey this is re^lly gre^t to h^Ve!
GA: Uh...
GA: I guess the t^gs V^Vould be...
GA:
(Dream Moons: Sleep's Broke Plz Fix) ^nd this see^v^s (Moderate) or ^v^aybe (Minor) ^v^ay be better???
GA: I dont knoV^V
GA: So...
GA: V^Ve c^nt see^v^ to help our friend get out of being under
GA: ^s in...I guess your gri^v^d^rk?
GA: Our friend s^V^V his ^v^oir^il die right before hi^v^
GA: ^nd then he sn^pped ^nd beg^n bl^^v^ing ^nekdo ^nd ^v^etuei V^Vho then shot ^t Deliri
GA: ^fter they fixed hi^v^ up ^nd V^Ve ^ll thought he V^Vas okay
GA: He then V^Vent gri^v^d^rk ^g^in!
GA: V^Ve eVen re^v^oVed ^nekdo ^nd ^v^etuei, but he kept V^V^king ^nd going gri^v^d^rk
GA: Then theres the ^v^oons
GA: Fro^v^ V^Vh^t I'^v^ being told is th^t there ^re these V^Veird ^v^ut^ted trolls
GA: V^Veird skin color ^nd no horns ^t ^ll
GA: HoV^V V^Vorried should V^Ve be???

And yOu ALL thOught i wAz gOne... yOu were zOreLy miztAken...

Game Loading...
Error...Error...
Offline 08-03-2017, 02:12 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-03-2017 02:14 PM by memedIntoOblivion.)(Edited by memedIntoOblivion.)
Reply: #19
PAST memedIntoOblivion [PMO] 12 UNIVERSES AGO responded to memo
PMO: Um? RS.
PMO: Just wanted to say I appreciate,
PMO: Uh, that you're willing to extend help, for this kind of thing.
PMO: With that out of the way.
PMO: I think I might have a small problem,
PMO: For you to file under (Ribbiting Universe: Frogs) (OHGODWHAT).
PMO: The genesis frog.
PMO: After he's hatched from Skaia,
PMO: After that,
PMO: He is, um, supposed to be a FROG, right?
PMO: And not,
PMO: Um.
PMO: Just a giant version of the tadpole he was a minute ago?
PMO: Like,
PMO: Should I just, uh,
PMO: Uh,
PMO: Maybe, not go through this door right now,

This video is my theme song and also my spirit animal
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 08-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Reply: #20
(08-03-2017 02:12 PM)memedIntoOblivion Wrote:  PAST memedIntoOblivion [PMO] 12 UNIVERSES AGO responded to memo
PMO: Um? RS.
PMO: Just wanted to say I appreciate,
PMO: Uh, that you're willing to extend help, for this kind of thing.
PMO: With that out of the way.
PMO: I think I might have a small problem,
PMO: For you to file under (Ribbiting Universe: Frogs) (OHGODWHAT).
PMO: The genesis frog.
PMO: After he's hatched from Skaia,
PMO: After that,
PMO: He is, um, supposed to be a FROG, right?
PMO: And not,
PMO: Um.
PMO: Just a giant version of the tadpole he was a minute ago?
PMO: Like,
PMO: Should I just, uh,
PMO: Uh,
PMO: Maybe, not go through this door right now,

RS: Graphical glitch. Sometimes the model doesn't update when the universe hatching animation triggers, so it just increases in size. I would say that sleeping and waking up should re-render it properly.

RS: If not, you might want to start panicking. An error might have occurred in breeding the frog, and instead of maturing instantly, it won't EVER mature, instead growing until it consumes the session, because growth only halts once maturation happens once the size increase script starts running.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 2 Guest(s)