Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
SBURBSim
Offline 05-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Reply: #1
SBURBSim
So, I GUESS this counts as writing? I wonder if it'll let me post links???

http://purplefrog.com/~jenny/SburbStory/index2.html

Basically, I coded a SBURB Simulator that uses an AI to procedurally generates stories about various non-canon SBURB sessions. I shittily roleplay as a Waste of Mind in the context of the Sim, 'cause I figure if Hussie is the Waste of Space and is in charge of creating the homestuck "universe", I can be in charge of creating the decisions and intelligence and shit within it.

Also, I figure Wastes break the 4th wall a lot. Or at least peer through it. I fucking love doing this.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 05-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Reply: #2
RE: SBURBSim
This, by the way, is a project that I can say for certain is very well made. So many lines of code and interactions between aspects, generated combat, a little slice of Dersite politics, Warweary Villeins, murderous babies, JPEG artifacts, ships for days, afterlife bullshit, luck, mind control, piles of dead time players, sprites and gigglesnort hideytalk...

It's the real deal. This shit ain't delivery, it's DiGiornio.

I wish some people would use this before claiming stupid things.
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 05-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Reply: #3
This is some good shit! Wow.

[Image: Zb9ZfgY.gif]
Offline 05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Reply: #4
Aaaa I KNEW I've seen your name somewhere !!
I've tried this Sburb Simulator before and it's really super duper cool. Kudos to you for making such an awesome thing !!

[Image: 0EMev84.png]

^ !! my au !! ^
Offline 05-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Reply: #5
That's so cool!
And randomly generated?

[Image: tumblr_luj33aelH81qlx1uf.gif]

[Image: m3xrxPO.gif]
Yes.
Offline 05-26-2017, 10:25 PM
Reply: #6
(05-26-2017 09:16 PM)Ridbuster Wrote:  That's so cool!
And randomly generated?

Initial conditions are random, yeah, but what happens after that tends to be procedural. This happens because that happened, etc. Some randomness is left, like whether or not Jack finds a bullshit weapon, or the exact moment a player snaps. All the randomness is deterministic, though, so a given session ID will ALWAYS go the same way (until I post an update). It's what lets me do some of the fancier time bullshit the rare session has.
Offline 05-27-2017, 12:54 AM
Reply: #7
Yeah, deterministic randomness in the form of luck events was something I had to push a bit to get JR to do.

The subtext there being that JR always is up for suggestions and improvements! And if you know how to code as well, all the better (though JR is unlikely to use other people's code, if it looks good enough they MIGHT?)

I wish some people would use this before claiming stupid things.
Offline 06-13-2017, 02:43 AM
Reply: #8
And, it just hit 3.0, which means it has a mode where you can shove your OCs into it. Check it:

http://farragofiction.com/SBURBSimE/char...eator.html

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)