Memo Closed 

Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Interested in Moderation?
Offline 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-10-2017 02:01 PM by risibleMiscreant.)(Edited by risibleMiscreant.)
Reply: #1
Interested in Moderation?
**PLACE YOUR RESPONSE IN THIS THREAD**

Hello everyone!

If you are interested in moderating MSPARP, now is your chance to do so. We will be taking on TWO new mods for the forums and TWO new mods for the main site. If you are interested, you will need to have a discord account, as we hold our moderation discussions there.

On a side note, please keep in mind that MSPARP is run by volunteer work. This is not a paid job. Mods for the main site MUST be 18 or older, while forum mods MUST be 16 or older.

The forum moderators will be helping moderate posts as reports come in, as well as helping award grist. We are also interested in revamping the Snowyglobe awards, which will be a group effort between all new and old moderators.

One of the new on-site mods will be handling password resets through our email based help center. The other will be helping unsilence people who are accidentally silenced by the Spamless. The latter job is less work intensive, though both are fairly simple jobs.

If you are interested, please fill out the application below:

We will accept a handful of applicants to a screening process for further questions. If you are accepted, you will be messaged privately and given contact information by yours truly.

SLOTS:
FORUMS: [ ] [ ] MAIN SITE: [ ] [ ]

Thanks for your time!
-RM

meet me in the pit
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply
Offline 05-10-2017, 01:00 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-12-2017 09:15 AM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #2
RE: Interested in Moderation?
I wasn't sure if you wanted this PMed to you or posted here...? :?

Name: Void, Lillian, whichever you prefer.
Forums or Main Site?: Forums, for sure... But I'll try my hand at the main site stuff too!
If Main Site, Spamless or Password Resets: Either is fine!

1. Why are you interested in working for MSPARP? (Please be detailed.)
I've been on the forums for a little under two and a half years, and with certain moderators n' such gone, I figured it'd be worth my while to apply and see if I could make the cut. I've always been pretty passionate about this site, and I genuinely enjoy the people and the activities here.

2. Do you have any past moderation experience?
I have been an admin/moderator for a MUD called InfernoMOO, as well as been a manager for an online-dj club, wherein I've had to deal with spammers, trolls, people who broke mechanics and the like on both accounts. I've also moderated a roleplay forum a few years back, although it wasn't very long-lived. The site ended up closing due to funding. I've also moderated countless MSPARP chats, co-modded chats, and modded a few discord servers as well.

3. How often are you able to check in on moderation duties? How much time are you able to devote to moderation?
While I do have a full time job, I also have a lot of free time at said job. I almost always have my phone or tablet on me, and I spend a lot of time here or on discord. I would say I'd be able to spend a fair amount of time on it.

4. Are you good at working with a group?
I believe I am. I've moderated many groups and group chats in the past, and working with people is key in many of those instances. I enjoy collaboration projects, and like to problem solve. I'm also not afraid to compromise, if it comes down to it.

5. Do you have good communication skills?
Yes. The current job I'm in now has to have frequent information passed between staff, and I'm used to reporting back and forth between. I'm also a quick thinker, and good at coordinating- I'm someone who, if I have a question, I'll ask first, assume second.

6. How proficient are you with technology?
I know how to maintain my computer, phone, and tablet in a way that I've preserved them, more or less, for the last few years. I know how to root around and find what I'm looking for, and utilize it... If not, I know how to google it and figure it out. I know how to use Word/Excel, as well as photoshop, and some minor troubleshooting. I may not know how to extensively code, but I'm more than willing to put the effort in to try.

7. How long have you been using MSPARP/MSPARP Forums? Are you proficient with its tools?
About 2 1/2 years, and I would believe that I am. I understand how to use them all, and I'm relatively well versed in both.

8. Are you willing to follow all mod rules and regulations?
Of course. Shouldn't everyone be doing this already? :P

[Image: PML1RdN.gif]
x1(list)
Find all replies by this user
Offline 05-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Reply: #3
@Void I think we're supposed to put this here? Legi told me to reply to the memo :V

Name: Glub
Forums or Main Site?: Forums
If Main Site, Spamless or Password Resets: N/A

I've been on the site for around two years now, and I've developed an emotional attachment to the site as well as the users on it. During those two years, I've met a lot of great people, and some of those are still my friends today. The forums introduced me to roleplaying, which is a hobby I don't think I would've discovered without stumbling across MSPARP. I want to help the moderation team if possible/needed in any way that I can.

Yes. I've moderated 3 discord servers in the past (currently only one), and several group chats on MSPARP. I also moderated a writing forum for my school until the administrator took down the site.

3. How often are you able to check in on moderation duties? How much time are you able to devote to moderation?
I'm usually on the forums for several hours a day (around five to six), and I generally have a lot of free time, so I'll be able to check in every day at least once.

I've been parts of many teams (both moderator teams and general) in both leading and following positions. I'm cooperative and I like to discuss with the rest of the team when making a major decision, but I know when to take an initiative and act on my own for more minor situations.

Yes, I've worked in moderator positions where I'm required to talk to people that I'm both biased towards and against in a neutral tone when administering warnings or explanations for kicks/bans. I've also worked in situations where I'm required to report back to the main administrator on situations on the site or server.

I'm good at using computers and phones/tablets in general, and I know a bit of coding, though not enough to make a large project or troubleshoot complicated code. I know the basics of C++ and C#, and if things call for it, I can do more extensive research on both (and other languages if needed). I've also used all the basic Microsoft tools, such as Word, Publisher, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and etc.

7. How long have you been using MSPARP/MSPARP Forums? Are you proficient with its tools?
I've been on the forums for around two and a half years, and I've familiarized myself with the tools over that time frame. I know how to use all of the tools I've come into contact with, and I'm willing to learn more.

Of course! I'll follow them as closely as possible.
x1(list)
Offline 05-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Reply: #4
So, we just submit it here then? I'll just assume that since everybody is posting here.
I doubt that I will make the part, but you never know unless you try!

x1(list)
Offline 05-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Reply: #5
Applications should be posted in this thread. Sorry for the confusion!
Online 05-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Reply: #6
Sorry for the dumb question but will the mods be qualified for aprticipating in the Snowy Glo8es awards?

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 05-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Reply: #7
Greetings. I have never used the forums before (which is why I am not applying for those slots), so please do correct me if I preform a faux pas.

Name: Kay
Forums or Main Site?: Main Site
If Main Site, Spamless or Password Resets: I will take either.

1. Why are you interested in working for MSPARP? (Please be detailed.) I have been using this site as a way to connect with fans for a very long time now. It is a large part of my life at this point, as I generally have a chat open or searching while I do other things like watch tv. The mods have given me so much, that now is a time where I think I should be able to give back.

2. Do you have any past moderation experience? I do not, no.

3. How often are you able to check in on moderation duties? How much time are you able to devote to moderation? I can check in at least twice a day, before and after work/classes. Since I spend most of my free time on the site anyways, it would not be a huge change to moderate instead.

4. Are you good at working with a group? Yes. My major requires us to work in groups to graduate and has taught me valuable skills in dealing with people.

5. Do you have good communication skills? Yes. Communication is vital for things to be done correctly, so re:above, I have been honing this skill.

6. How proficient are you with technology? I know a few coding languages, and can pick up almost anything rather quickly. As with most people my age, I am near constantly using either my laptop, phone, or tablet.

7. How long have you been using MSPARP/MSPARP Forums? Are you proficient with its tools? I have been using msparp for at least three and a half years. I started back before it was even unsupported.msparp.com, and I was in the beta group for the current site. I feel I am very proficient at the tools it uses, and I find myself teaching a new person tricks almost every day.

8. Are you willing to follow all mod rules and regulations? Yes.
Offline 05-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Reply: #8

Nothing wrong with taking a shot right?

[Image: Screenshot_2016_05_23_11_04_27_1.png]

MY FANVENTURE! Check it out:
AGAINST ALL ODDS
Offline 05-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Reply: #9
(05-10-2017 03:52 PM)Fubar Wrote:  Sorry for the dumb question but will the mods be qualified for aprticipating in the Snowy Glo8es awards?

No, since they will be part of the reviewing and planning processes, it would be unfair.

meet me in the pit
Offline 05-10-2017, 11:55 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-13-2017 02:17 PM by Sin the Royal Sinner.)(Edited by Sin the Royal Sinner.)
Reply: #10
Name:

× Oakley, or, y'know, Sin.

× 17, but I turn 18 in three weeks. Not necessary conversationally relevant, but I thought it pretty relevant, depending.

Forums or Main Site?:

× The preferred option is the main site, honestly; I work better on the actual platform rather than the forums, but I'll venture for both, just in case. <3

If Main Site, Spamless or Password Resets:

× Password resets.

× I've been here for a good almost three years, I believe, and quite frankly, it's saved my life more than once. I envy the mods on a personal and emotional level, to be able to run a website that's had as much impact on me as it's had, and to be able to help with that, volunteer-wise or not, is something I've wanted to do for a while. This website is an integral part of the fandom and if I'm stuck in this fandom, then I might as well try my best to help, y'know?

That and I've been on the forums since I've been in this freakin' fandom, and its what got me to read Homestuck in the first place. Spoilers abound.

× I've moderated several chats in MSPARP and created many of my own, and have experience dealing with trolls, unreasonable people, and problems of many sorta. I'm pretty sure its a daily basis thing, almost.

× I'm on PARP most of the time, but seeing as I'm still in my Senior year of highschool, there are quite a few hours (until the quickly approaching summer) where I'd be spotty. Other than that, I have both mobile and laptop access to the forums and website, and am quite active on both. Usually. Depends on the emotional state of the day.

× I'm usually pretty good with working with a group, or so I'd like to think! I'm pretty cooperative and I enjoy talking to people in general, and while conflict may be stressful, I handle it well, most things considered!

× While I may have semi-subpar communication skills, it's something I've been working on heavily, and I can continue to work on this for as long as needed. Life is a continuing improvement!

× I've taken both an AP computer science class and previous HTML/coding classes. The latter was around when I found PARP, Other than that, I know how to do most things on the forums, and I've been coding for a little bit, for things like websites.

× I've been using the forums for about two years, now, and I know how to manage the tools that come with it pretty proficiently. It's a work in progress, but I figured a lot of it out. The PM system had me stumped for a good while, hah.

× I don't see why anyone would be opposed to breaking any of those rules in the first place; of course I'm willing to follow any rules and regulations you all set down, if you decide to consider me for moderationshop or not.

[Image: 3acdd87fb032a7cc98037e3b6561c4ae.jpg]
εїз S I N εїз
Memo Closed 

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 2 Guest(s)