Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
Turnabout AU: A needlessly complicated combination of Homestuck AU's!! (Oh god)
Offline 05-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Reply: #11
RE: Switcheroostuck! A needlessly complicated combination of "swap" AU's!! (...
[Image: iJ1XcSI.jpg]

I put Alex's Bio On Hold to attempt to sprite (it's been like, almost half a decade since my last attempt to be honest). I'm not sure if I'm too happy with the results, but I think this is the best I can make this. Anyways, Enjoy Dirk Egbert!

NOTE: I am NOT making this his main sprite as it is either in a subject of editing or I'm gonna ask help for sprite creation from someone else instead...

Anyways, I'd appreciate anyone's comments, especially criticisms, since like I said I'm not too contented with this.

Other than that, I am nearly done with Alex, just gonna finish her notes (90% DONE)

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU (Under Rewrites)

I RP with OC's only :)
x1(list)
x1
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 05-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Reply: #12
Slight unimportant note here: Browny points for anyone who could guess what anime did I based Dirk's Symbol from.

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

Offline 05-06-2017, 03:10 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-06-2017 08:04 PM by freeMiliu_2K01.)(Edited by freeMiliu_2K01.)
Reply: #13
Now to do Sollu- I mean... Alex Lalonde! Sorry for the delay! :)

Alex Lalonde
[i]Humanstuck!Genderswap!Sollux Captor
Chumhandle: tragicTarot
Classpect: Seer of Doom
Land: Land of Storm and Quartz
Guardian: Mom and her dog Becquerel (deceased)
Strife Specibus: Spoonkind

EDIT: REMOVED ALEX'S LISP, REASON BEING I'M NOT TOO CONFIDENT ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND I AGREE WITH @ALIENOID THAT IT'LL BE WAY TOO HARD ON READABILITY

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

x1(list)
x1
Offline 05-06-2017, 04:44 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-06-2017 04:46 PM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #14
RE: Switcheroostuck! A needlessly complicated combination of "swap" AU's!! (Oh god)
I've got to be honest (probably as someone who holds Sollux's character near and dear to his heart), I'm still really adversed to the lisp being a part of the quirk. The thing is, despite the fact that there's no way that a troll who types with numbers would be able to say that kind of thing out loud, their quirks stay consistent across all forms of conversations. If something different were to happen to the character that forcibly created a new way for them to speak, that's the only way that altered quirks to this level have been justified in canon (I'm not counting subtle changes in use of punctuation because those were likely either mistakes or changes that weren't meant to mean anything).

I still think that it would simply be best if you simply say that Alex has a lisp, and if for nothing else, then it's for one reason only: readability. When people thpeak with lithpth like thith, while you might be able to interpret what it means (I mean you read Homestuck for fuck's sake), it's not entirely easy for everybody to read. The humans of Homestuck type like regular people would - nobody replaces the letter s with z unless they're trying to pull off a few r4d stunts or something to that effect. There's no shame at all in having humans type like one another - Dave, Jade and Roxy type almost identically, and Rose, Dirk and Jane all type the same as well. Humans aren't meant to branch out and have such quirks, I don't feel, and it does really impact the readability of your logs.

That's just me, though, I could be making a bigger deal out of this than I should be. But, those are my thoughts.

(I do like Alex's name, though. Solluxander being Sollux's full name is probably a joke confirmation, as is a lot of what Hussie says on Twitter, but it is creative and I like it.)

Offline 05-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Reply: #15
@Alienoid, thanks for the constructive criticism!

Yeah, I heard a lot of people from the guides towards characters with lisps saying that it'd be best if I remove the lisp entirely.

Though, since I believe you know Sollux more than I do (as much as I ADORE HIM), I think I'll subject this to one final edit, removing all the lisps, before looking at it's results.

That being said, I must say, Alex is one the hardest character to nail in this AU as of now (at least for me), I mean thinking of a premise for her is good and all, but hot dang considering how deep both characters I based her on, it became tricky for me to pin down how I could characterize her. That being said, I'd appreciate to know more of what you think of her, since we are both Sollux fans and all. Also! I'm glad you enjoyed Alex's name. Fun Fact though: Rose's role was supposed to be take by Mituna (Humanly named "Mich"), but I decided against it since I sort of felt Sollux fits more in Rose's role (plus I found a great role for Mituna instead) :)

Anyways! I am removing all of her lisps for the sake of readability then, since you did pointed it out (plus I must admit, I suck trying to type lisps)

Other than that. Here's some updates:

- I am TRYING to work on some sprites for the characters, so... I have no idea when you'd be seeing Cali's bio. Maybe it'll take a bit longer than Alex and the others did? I don't know.
- After finishing the bios (and sprites) of ALL THE BETA KIDS, I'd end up possibly posting an analysis regarding their relationships and how it'll affect their session (since, I am quite interested in what dynamic can be formed between Dirk, Jack, Alex, and Cali)
- Finally, I'll post some much more shorter bios regarding the Beta Kid's guardians and their relationships with them. Mainly because I got a surge of inspiration after rereading Alphaswap a bit (Man I miss that AU!)

Anyways, that is all for now! So... I'd be editing Alex's convos in a few moments. Thank you again! :D

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

Offline 05-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Reply: #16
I made my main sprite for Dirk! (for real this time!)

[Image: mUxiflB.jpg]

I LOVE this compared to my first attempt...:
[Image: iJ1XcSI.jpg]

Anyways, keep on watch for the final Beta kid Bio (Cali Strider) and the complete sprite set for them all! :D

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

x1(list)
x1
Offline 05-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Reply: #17
RE: Switcheroostuck! A needlessly complicated combination of "swap" AU's!! (Oh god)
recently ive stumbled across this au and it seems really interesting! i like how you pulled off the personalities of the characters by now and i am anticipating to see more :D
Offline 05-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Reply: #18
(05-06-2017 07:45 PM)digitalWolficorn Wrote:  recently ive stumbled across this au and it seems really interesting! i like how you pulled off the personalities of the characters by now and i am anticipating to see more :D

Thank you! All replies, positive or constructive, are both highly appreciated! Anyways, I won't let you down ;)

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

Offline 05-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Reply: #19
Really really like this so far, and the part I love most?
Mituna and Latula as seadwellers, oh my god, I never knew I needed this so bad.

All in all, 10/10. I love it.
If you ever need a hand, feel free to PM me!

don't talk to me unless you relate to this on a spiritual level
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 05-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Reply: #20
(05-07-2017 01:36 AM)mariachiArsonist Wrote:  Really really like this so far, and the part I love most?
Mituna and Latula as seadwellers, oh my god, I never knew I needed this so bad.

All in all, 10/10. I love it.
If you ever need a hand, feel free to PM me!

;D

Fun fact: Mituna would NOT have been a sea dweller if he weren't the last available yellow typing character in the cast (I swear, purple/violet bloods are a nightmare to cast on)

Anyways thanks! As for help, all I currently need help on is naming the trolls (I am horrible at 6 letter naming), which ANYBODY can help on! I'd be very thankful! ;D

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh

MY AU (Under Rewrites)

x1(list)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)