Post Reply 
 
Freshness Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
Offline 04-16-2017, 12:15 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2017 05:58 AM by morbidlyOblivious.)(Edited by morbidlyOblivious.)
Reply: #21
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide



> Remi: Decline her invitation and give UT the warning.




Well, you should probably get to warning UT. You double-tap her username on the list and mentally prepare your greeting...





[ENTER ACTION.]

> Remi: Insist on knowing what's wrong.
> Remi: Offer words of encouragement.
> Remi: Wrap up conversation.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Reply: #22
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
> Remi: Oh you know what is wrong

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark.
What could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably
Such is our fate.

Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin


A Victory Guaranteed
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Reply: #23
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide



> Remi: Insist on knowing what's wrong.




That's a "no", you suppose.

Oh, well. For what it's worth, your opinion of her can't get much worse -- not because you don't like her, but because you and she go far enough back that a little episode like this shouldn't damage your relationship. That, however, won't stop you from wondering why she's so upset. Maybe you'll ask Softstep about it once you remember which of those damn aliens they are. The name sounds familiar. You've seen writings and such by "Delegate Softstep" before, you're pretty sure. What you didn't know is that UT trusted them more than you, and you won't lie, that stings. Then again, you can't say you blame her...

Now all you have left to do is wait. You hope against hope that whatever's coming will come soon, or at least before the boredom literally kills you.

How would you like to spend your time?


[ENTER ACTION.]

> Remi: Pester a foe.
> Remi: Search for answers...
>> ... about your session.
>> ... about the future.
>> ... about the past.
>> ... about... [ENTER CLASS, ASPECT]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-16-2017, 11:26 PM
Reply: #24
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
> Remi: Search for some answers about your session.

[Image: 0EMev84.png]

^ !! my au !! ^
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 04:32 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2017 10:22 PM by morbidlyOblivious.)(Edited by morbidlyOblivious.)
Reply: #25
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide



> Remi: Search for answers about your session.


Since there's not much more to do, you retrieve your handy-dandy FORTUNE CARDS from your sylladex. Your modus, the HANDWRITING MODUS, works just the way it sounds. Things are usually pretty easy to get out of it -- although, you've come close to captchaloguing your favorite (and only) pen more times than you'd like to admit, and that might make things much less convenient if you ever end up doing it.




You lay the small deck on your lap, shuffle it, and draw a card from the middle. It reads, quite plainly, "YES".




The next card you draw reads "I DOUBT IT".

You sigh in equal parts frustration and relief. If the cards can be trusted -- and they've never failed you before, for what it's worth -- you'll probably somehow be taken out of the session by whatever AA and her ~secret partners in crime~ have planned. Squinting into the gloomy sky, you lean back against the tree trunk. Then something catches your eye, something a little strange, even considering how this game has been so far.

The dead tree beside yours seems to be rising into the sky. Before you have time to mutter "what the fuck", it's followed by a chunk of desertified land, then another. You feel yourself begin to rise as well. In a panic, you drop the deck and try to swim down, but it's no use. The sky begins to grow brighter...

Quick! What do you want to do?



[ENTER ACTION.]

> Remi: Grab on to something.
> Remi: Pester someone for help midair.
> Remi: Let it happen.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 06:13 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2017 06:13 AM by dognose.)(Edited by dognose.)
Reply: #26
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
> Remi: Grab on to something.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Reply: #27
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide



> Remi: Grab on to something.


With not much time, you throw your arms around the lifeless trunk of the tree you were sitting on and hold on with all your might. To your dismay, that tree is soon pulled upwards as well, roots and all.




As you and the tree rise into the sky, you see a portal open far above your head, much like the one you saw as you entered the game for the first time. It's happening. Whatever it is, it's happening.

If you ever see AA in person, you're going to give her a huge piece of her mind.

You let go of the trunk and squeeze your eyes shut so you won't have to see how far from the ground you are. Where are you going? Where the hell did AA, a Light player, get the power to do THIS!? What kind of friends does that mysterious piece of shit have, anyway? Questions flood your mind and work themselves into a frenzy as you feel yourself pass through the barrier...

... and when you open your eyes again, you're on solid ground.



[ENTER ACTION.]

> ERROR: Continue requirements not met.
> Please select another character to proceed.


[CHOOSE YOUR PLAYER.]

> Skip to…
>> … the session in the Void's clutches, and the god who doomed it.
>> … the ice-covered hive of a lounging explorer.
>> … the dreamlike party where an optimistic child dances.
>> … the temper tantrum thrown by a terrible troll.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Reply: #28
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
Skip to the session in the Void's clutches, and the god who doomed it.

[Image: Zb9ZfgY.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 04:00 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2017 04:16 PM by morbidlyOblivious.)(Edited by morbidlyOblivious.)
Reply: #29
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide



> Skip to the session in the Void's clutches, and the god who doomed it.


(To see this character's introduction in full, go back to the very first post.)

...

The Furthest Ring whispers to you from afar. It whispers your name. Your name. We haven’t yet disclosed your name. What was your name, again?


> Continue to be Nephthis.


Your name is NEPHTHIS, and you really can't remember the last time you felt GENUINE EMOTION. The two-player session you initially took part in was DOOMED TO FAIL from the get-go, but your co-player managed to WORK AROUND THAT -- you've never asked how -- and dropped you both into SOME OTHER CHUMPS' SESSION. Things were going pretty smoothly, or so it seemed. Everything just kind of got HANDED TO YOU.

It's remarkable, really, how you managed to ruin EVEN THAT.

You've got to give yourself SOME CREDIT, though. It wasn't necessarily YOU who made everything go down the drain; rather, it was an ALTERNATE VERSION OF YOU who had the lack of common sense to enter a session ALL BY THEMSELF. You don't blame them, though. Under the same circumstances, you probably would have said "FUCK IT" and done the EXACT SAME THING.

Anyway, where were we? Ah, right. You're ABSOLUTELY AND IRREVOCABLY BONED.

You are a MUSE OF VOID, which you actually didn't find out until your sibling ascended for both of you. Your chathandle is oblivionsOpportunity, and YoURE KINDA CARELESS WITH YoUR WoRDS TBH



[ENTER ACTION.]

> Nephthis: Bother an acquaintance.
> Nephthis: Bother your sibling.
> Nephthis: Go exploring...
>> ... on your own planet.
>> ... on someone else's planet.
>> ... the Furthest Ring.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Reply: #30
RE: Clusterstuck: When Sessions Collide
> Nephthis: Bother Sibling

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark.
What could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably
Such is our fate.

Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin


A Victory Guaranteed
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Board jump:


User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)