Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sburb Player's Guide to the Medium
Offline 03-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Reply: #1
The Sburb Player's Guide to the Medium
Alright so I've had an idea like this for... probably a decently long while I'll admit. It's sort of like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the guidebook inside the series, which the series is named after), except of course in this case the entries would be about the various locations in the Medium -- the Lands, the Furthest Ring, the Battlefield, and so on. Basically this thread is intended to be a place where people can write up detailed descriptions of Homestuck's various extrauniversal settings. So give it a try if you're interested! We could use a little more worldbuilding in these times, and also it would be nice to see others' headcanons about the more obscure Lands and their quests and whatnot.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-16-2017, 05:14 AM
Reply: #2
RE: The Sburb Player's Guide to the Medium
While a very novel concept and one I would like to see expanded upon, I can't say I'm honestly sure about writing super detailed guides about the specific Lands we've seen in the comic, since every Land is different for every player. Sure, it's a game and there is probably a finite list of options to choose from, but the fact remains that having other people read a guide on your planet is basically useless. Unless you're suggesting literally every single possible available planet would be noted in this database.

It's even stranger with quests, since every quest is personally tailored to the player. As Davesprite has shown us, even different timelines of the same session result in different quests and Choices and whatnot. I really don't know if it would function as an information database that people could use for Lands and such.

On the flipside, though, an extensive guide about the various tidbits of the game that remain a constant for every player? That sounds good to me. Maybe even throw in a few dozens of paragraphs about sylladexes and captchaloguing, too. I could really use an expansive yet easy to read guide myself.

While this guide exists, it isn't complete and hasn't been updated in like a year. There are probably more on the forums, actually.

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Reply: #3
The reason I thought this up was because there was frustratingly little (in some cases NO) information on the named Lands. The only ones explored in any detail were John's and Jane's, maybe a little bit for the other betas, so I decided to see if anybody had any ideas churning for what the other Lands were like, what their quests were, that sort of thing. Basically, in the absence of canon info, why shouldn't we write our own to fill the gap even if only temporarily? (Note the word "we", I have every intention of letting others join in the writing of entries.) I'll be honest, I already have a loooong post on LOMAX waiting in the wings.

Your idea is excellent though, considering how intricate the mechanics of the game itself can be, along with sylladexes and captchaloguing. I've got to look into those for sure, but there is definitely going to be a section on using sudden sylladex ejection to one's advantage. Perhaps even entries explaining the workings of various Fetch Modi? Some of them can be tricky to understand.

In short, why not both? Both is good.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 06-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Reply: #4
I thought I could know about some game from your blog. But you haven't mentioned anything about it Which is the best apartment and flat builders in Kerala. Try to add some point or information about the players and the game they are playing. Add some content about it.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)