• 2 Votes - 5 Average
Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
Offline 03-17-2018, 07:21 AM
Reply: #41
RE: Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
(03-17-2018 07:08 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 07:05 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 06:14 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 05:52 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  im using mxrp for this one! here is the screenshot. Maybe it's something with the case? I double checked to make sure it wasn't in simple, and even changed the case a few times to see if it'll work

That image link isn't working for me. Can you provide a working link? You might have accidentally set the image to private or deleted it.

this work?

Ah, I see your problem. You pasted too much of it into the left side. It should just be ([A-Z])\B on the left and $1- on the right. Does that make sense?

oof I should've double-checked that as well. But thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away 06-25-2018, 02:16 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-25-2018 02:18 PM by histronicMuser.)(Edited by histronicMuser.)
Reply: #42
JEEZ thats confusing but i feel like its really helpful for more complicated quirks then again i dont yet have a set-in-stone quirk so
I DONT NEED THIS WORK OF BEAUTY
though i cant figure out why the "o"'s at the beginning of words skip the space and stick to the words before it sometimes
example: WORK OF up there by BEAUTY
and yes theres a space just in case anyone was gonna ask
Offline 10-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Reply: #43
(06-25-2018 02:16 PM)histronicMuser Wrote:  JEEZ thats confusing but i feel like its really helpful for more complicated quirks then again i dont yet have a set-in-stone quirk so
I DONT NEED THIS WORK OF BEAUTY
though i cant figure out why the "o"'s at the beginning of words skip the space and stick to the words before it sometimes
example: WORK OF up there by BEAUTY
and yes theres a space just in case anyone was gonna ask

Hey there, sorry for the delayed response, but the reason you're having that issue is because you have a space in your quirk setup.

set="o=*, O=*" doesn't replace "O" with "*", it replaces " O" with "*". If you remove the space like so, that will fix your issue.

[quirk=pre="" set="o=*,O=*" end="" col="#820044"]
Offline 02-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Reply: #44
Is there a way to replace whole words or phrases by any chance? I have character ideas that would actively benefit from such a thing.
Offline 02-04-2019, 07:14 AM
Reply: #45
(02-04-2019 06:49 AM)nikdun420 Wrote:  Is there a way to replace whole words or phrases by any chance? I have character ideas that would actively benefit from such a thing.
Yes, and in fact it's pretty easy to do! Did you have an example in mind?
Offline 03-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Reply: #46
Hey, hi! A friend of mine has a real neat idea for a quirk but I'm scratching my head trying to think of a way to automate it, so I figured I'd come here for some possible advice if you're still active.

Basically, every instead of the letter o is capitalised, and surrounded with double carets, like so:
Quote:^^sO^^, i ^^thOught^^ this ^^wOuld^^ be a ^^gOOd^^ idea
The tricky part is making sure that only the words containing "O" are surrounded by the carets. Do you maybe have any ideas for a solution? Thanks!

Offline 03-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Reply: #47
(03-02-2019 09:53 AM)Alienoid Wrote:  Hey, hi! A friend of mine has a real neat idea for a quirk but I'm scratching my head trying to think of a way to automate it, so I figured I'd come here for some possible advice if you're still active.

Basically, every instead of the letter o is capitalised, and surrounded with double carets, like so:
Quote:^^sO^^, i ^^thOught^^ this ^^wOuld^^ be a ^^gOOd^^ idea
The tricky part is making sure that only the words containing "O" are surrounded by the carets. Do you maybe have any ideas for a solution? Thanks!

Sure thing! I would use a simple replace for capitalizing the o's (i.e., o to O), and then the following regex replace will do the rest!

Code:
(\w*O\w*) to ^^$1^^

If you want it to keep apostrophes inside the carets, then you can modify it like this.

Code:
([\w']*O[\w']*) to ^^$1^^

Hope this helps!
Offline 03-04-2019, 07:07 PM (This reply was last modified: 03-04-2019 07:08 PM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #48
(03-04-2019 06:02 PM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  Sure thing! I would use a simple replace for capitalizing the o's (i.e., o to O), and then the following regex replace will do the rest!

Code:
(\w*O\w*) to ^^$1^^

If you want it to keep apostrophes inside the carets, then you can modify it like this.

Code:
([\w']*O[\w']*) to ^^$1^^

Hope this helps!

Works like an absolute charm, thank you so much! Have a great week, you lifesaver. (The friend in need is also very adamant about her thank yous!)

Offline 03-08-2019, 09:11 AM
Reply: #49
(02-04-2019 07:14 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(02-04-2019 06:49 AM)nikdun420 Wrote:  Is there a way to replace whole words or phrases by any chance? I have character ideas that would actively benefit from such a thing.
Yes, and in fact it's pretty easy to do! Did you have an example in mind?

In light if steven universe, changing the word God or goddess to diamond.
Siberite: Oh my diamond. why can't you sit still and not insult me before i leave the room at the very least?
Offline 04-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Reply: #50
Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but I've been having some trouble creating a quirk that alternated the capitalisation of every word, ex: "IM just NOT sure WHAT your ISSUE is MAN"
I've been attempting to regex it out but unfortunately I'm falling short and any help would be appreciated!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)