Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
Offline 03-02-2018, 05:37 PM (This reply was last modified: 03-02-2018 05:39 PM by gossamerGadgeteer.)(Edited by gossamerGadgeteer.)
Reply: #31
RE: Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
(03-02-2018 02:44 PM)Galtea Wrote:  I know it's been over a year but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to make a quirk where everything's normal except capitalized letters become slashed out lowercase letters 'cause yelling isn't allowed in my library. Plz help if ya can, thx.

So, something like this?

Code:
Regex Replacements:
([A-Z]+) to [s]$1[/s]
[A-Z]+ to $L
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Reply: #32
I actually wasn't expecting a reply so soon, but yes, that's what I was talkin' about. Thanks a lot! :D
Offline 03-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Reply: #33
Hello! I'd like to know if someone could do a quirk that's like.. capital words spelled out!
So for example: "i wasn't doing anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G." (but of course capitalized!!)
I have a cheerleader troll who likes to spell out emphasized words, but I don't want to type it out each time! I would try and do it, but I also don't want it to be "A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G-" if you know what i mean!
If it's possible, that's all I ask for! Please and thank you!
Offline 03-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Reply: #34
(03-16-2018 05:44 PM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  Hello! I'd like to know if someone could do a quirk that's like.. capital words spelled out!
So for example: "i wasn't doing anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G." (but of course capitalized!!)
I have a cheerleader troll who likes to spell out emphasized words, but I don't want to type it out each time! I would try and do it, but I also don't want it to be "A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G-" if you know what i mean!

If I understand what you're asking for correctly, then this should work!

Code:
Regex Replacements:
([A-Z])\B to $1-
([A-Z])-([^A-Z]) to $1$2

The \B in the first replacement tells it not to put a - at the end of a word, and the second replacement keeps it from messing with words where only the first letter is capitalized, like with names and such. It'll also handle spelling out part of words, like saying something is B-E-A-Utiful!
x1(list)
Offline 03-17-2018, 12:23 AM (This reply was last modified: 03-17-2018 12:31 AM by JaspurrCat.)(Edited by JaspurrCat.)
Reply: #35
(03-16-2018 06:09 PM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(03-16-2018 05:44 PM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  Hello! I'd like to know if someone could do a quirk that's like.. capital words spelled out!

Code:
Regex Replacements:
([A-Z])\B to $1-
([A-Z])-([^A-Z]) to $1$2

The \B in the first replacement tells it not to put a - at the end of a word, and the second replacement keeps it from messing with words where only the first letter is capitalized, like with names and such. It'll also handle spelling out part of words, like saying something is B-E-A-Utiful!

Thank you so much!! :D
edit: I tried to test it out, and it wasn't working. D:
Offline 03-17-2018, 01:39 AM
Reply: #36
(03-17-2018 12:23 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  

Code:
Regex Replacements:
([A-Z])\B to $1-
([A-Z])-([^A-Z]) to $1$2

Where are you trying to use this? The format I gave you was for characters on MxRP.

If you're using Pesterchum, you'll want to use \1 and \2 instead of $1 and $2.

If you're setting this up on the forums, you need to surround Regex replacements in forward slashes, so the custom quirk replacements field should look like this:
Code:
/([A-Z])\B/=$1-,/([A-Z])-([^A-Z])/=$1$2
And the tag in the message should look like this:
Code:
[quirk=pre="" set="/([A-Z])\B/=$1-,/([A-Z])-([^A-Z])/=$1$2" end="" col=""][/quirk]

If you're using MxRP, then make sure you're using the Regex replacement section, and not the simple replacement. I double checked to make sure this worked, so if you're still having trouble, you can send me a screenshot of your character setup and I might be able to help.
Offline 03-17-2018, 05:52 AM
Reply: #37
(03-17-2018 01:39 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 12:23 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  

Code:
Regex Replacements:
([A-Z])\B to $1-
([A-Z])-([^A-Z]) to $1$2

Where are you trying to use this? The format I gave you was for characters on MxRP.

If you're using Pesterchum, you'll want to use \1 and \2 instead of $1 and $2.

If you're setting this up on the forums, you need to surround Regex replacements in forward slashes, so the custom quirk replacements field should look like this:
Code:
/([A-Z])\B/=$1-,/([A-Z])-([^A-Z])/=$1$2
And the tag in the message should look like this:
Code:
[quirk=pre="" set="/([A-Z])\B/=$1-,/([A-Z])-([^A-Z])/=$1$2" end="" col=""][/quirk]

If you're using MxRP, then make sure you're using the Regex replacement section, and not the simple replacement. I double checked to make sure this worked, so if you're still having trouble, you can send me a screenshot of your character setup and I might be able to help.

im using mxrp for this one! here is the screenshot. Maybe it's something with the case? I double checked to make sure it wasn't in simple, and even changed the case a few times to see if it'll work
Offline 03-17-2018, 06:14 AM
Reply: #38
(03-17-2018 05:52 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  im using mxrp for this one! here is the screenshot. Maybe it's something with the case? I double checked to make sure it wasn't in simple, and even changed the case a few times to see if it'll work

That image link isn't working for me. Can you provide a working link? You might have accidentally set the image to private or deleted it.
Offline 03-17-2018, 07:05 AM
Reply: #39
(03-17-2018 06:14 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 05:52 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  im using mxrp for this one! here is the screenshot. Maybe it's something with the case? I double checked to make sure it wasn't in simple, and even changed the case a few times to see if it'll work

That image link isn't working for me. Can you provide a working link? You might have accidentally set the image to private or deleted it.

this work?
Offline 03-17-2018, 07:08 AM
Reply: #40
(03-17-2018 07:05 AM)JaspurrCat Wrote:  
(03-17-2018 06:14 AM)gossamerGadgeteer Wrote:  

this work?

Ah, I see your problem. You pasted too much of it into the left side. It should just be ([A-Z])\B on the left and $1- on the right. Does that make sense?

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)