Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
Offline 11-26-2016, 01:35 AM
Reply: #21
RE: Gossamer's Regex Quirkshop
I'm trying to get the quirk into a forum shortcut but I'm having trouble having it recognise the regex. It all goes fine except that the 'A' and '8's aren't enclosed in square brackets.

[Image: 9bb7pc.gif]

Do the evolution
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-26-2016, 05:27 AM
Reply: #22
(11-26-2016 01:35 AM)AncientE%cursion Wrote:  I'm trying to get the quirk into a forum shortcut but I'm having trouble having it recognise the regex. It all goes fine except that the 'A' and '8's aren't enclosed in square brackets.

Assuming you mean the "custom quirk" thing on this forum, I got it to work with the following in the "Custom quirk replacements" field:
Code:
a=A,/([AbB]+)/=[$1],/[bB]/=8
Quote:about; babadook; BANANA

In case you need it, the actual custom quirk tag looks like this:
Code:
[quirk=pre="" set="a=A,/([AbB]+)/=[$1],/[bB]/=8" end="" col=""][/quirk]

Hope this helps! Smile
Offline 12-22-2016, 03:57 AM
Reply: #23
Trying to import said quirk into the Pesterchum app. The ([AbB]+) works fine with finding the 'a's and 'b's but it seems to ignore the [$1] command and literally translate any 'a','b' or string of either with literally [$1].

Do the evolution
Offline 12-22-2016, 07:56 AM
Reply: #24
(12-22-2016 03:57 AM)AncientE%cursion Wrote:  Trying to import said quirk into the Pesterchum app. The ([AbB]+) works fine with finding the 'a's and 'b's but it seems to ignore the [$1] command and literally translate any 'a','b' or string of either with literally [$1].

Oh, that's a simple fix! Pesterchum uses slightly different regex syntax, so just replace every $ with a \ and it should work.
Offline 12-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Reply: #25
Cheers again.

Do the evolution
Offline 12-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Reply: #26
(12-22-2016 08:26 AM)AncientE%cursion Wrote:  Cheers again.

Happy to help! Big Grin
Offline 01-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Reply: #27
Purely hypothetical, is it possible to get series of 'A's and '8's to appear as [8[A[8[A]dook instead of [8A8A]dook? As if they were cards covering each other?

Do the evolution
Offline 01-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Reply: #28
(01-04-2017 04:10 AM)AncientE%cursion Wrote:  Purely hypothetical, is it possible to get series of 'A's and '8's to appear as [8[A[8[A]dook instead of [8A8A]dook? As if they were cards covering each other?

Pretty easily, in fact! It comes down to just putting a right bracket at the end of every series, and then a left bracket in front of every letter, which is only a slight tweak in Regex.

Code:
Simple Replacements:
a to A

Regex Replacements:
([AbB]+) to $1]
([AbB]) to [$1
[bB] to 8
Offline 01-05-2017, 04:58 AM
Reply: #29
Man, I should be getting store credit for all of this. But again thanks. Also again, I have a kerfuffle.

My pirate troll, Skurvi Cartir speaks wiz a french accent which includes 'aving no 'h's in 'er speech, except where they're part of the 'ch' sound. Basically, every h sound replaced with a ', leaving the 'h's in 'ch', 'ph' and others alone.

The second part is just turning 'o's into '>o<' as a skull and crossbones deal. only making continuous 'o's appearing as >oooooo< rather than >o<>o<>o<>o<>o<>o<.

Thanks again!

Do the evolution
Offline 03-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Reply: #30
I know it's been over a year but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to make a quirk where everything's normal except capitalized letters become slashed out lowercase letters 'cause yelling isn't allowed in my library. Plz help if ya can, thx.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)