Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gib's Thoughts On The Update [WARNING: SPOILERS]
Offline 10-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Reply: #1
Gib's Thoughts On The Update [WARNING: SPOILERS]
Now, I know that you all might think this will me a case of 'aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!', but this will not be the case. Instead, I am going to rant as much as possible in a short amount of time. So let's answer the most important question here:

What did you think of the update?

In my opinion, I think that the epilogue update satisfied me. Now why do I think that? Well:

-Hussie seems to have filled in most of the plot holes and cliffhangers including what the heck happened to Lord English.
From what we can assume, the juju that Vriska used against Lord English didn't necessarily kill him, only revert him to his regular, caliborny self. Of course, we still don't know where Vriska (and Aradia, too!) are located, but in my opinion, I think that they're safe due to their godtiers.
-The kingdoms of humans, trolls, carapacians, and even the silly consorts! I find it interesting that everyone split the lands into kingdoms for them to rule.
-My secret theory of sprites being able to enter the new universe having been confirmed. Davepeta can still live on in our hearts (and in the new universe, too.)
-The fact that the new universe holds memoirs from each of the different universes (most likely the Statue of Libertys came from Calliope's universe)

And now the moment you all been waiting for: my favorite parts about the update:

-DIRK BEING DONE WITH THE DECAPITATION JOKE (THEY WENT TOO FAR WITH THE DIRK PIÑATA)
-ROSE AND KANAYA GETTING MARRIED (I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ROSE IS JEWISH)
-KANAYA CRYING WITH JOY AT BEING ABLE TO BRING BACK HER SPECIES (MY DAUGHTER YOU HAVE MADE IT)
-MOST LIKELY THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE, GCATAVROSPRITE BEING HAPPY (THIS IS A TOUCHING MOMENT IN HOMESTUCK FOR ME I JUST WANTED TO SEE HIM HAPPY)
-USING TRICKSTERS AT ROSE'S WEDDING (TRICKSTERS ARE ALWAYS GOOD AT WEDDINGS)
-JANE BEING ABLE TO RUN CROCKER CORP (MY DAUGHTER YOU HAVE ALSO MADE IT)

And that's basically all I have to think of for now, so I want to see what YOU think of the update down below in replies.

we are in the shit right now
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Gib's Thoughts On The Update [WARNING: SPOILERS]
EVERYTHING! IT IS SO SATISFYING!! IT IS SO PERFECT!!!

And now I'm sort of depressed since this is technically the last time we'll ever see the classic HS crew again in webcomic fashion... May the fanbase continue to keep them all alive!

My fave moment however are the ecto babies! Our fantrolls and fankids ARE canon! HUSSIE KEPT HIS WORD! REALLY HUSSIE IS ONE OF THE BEST PEOPLE I'VE SEEN!

And even still! It's still technically open ended! It's not as open as say S Act 7, but it managed to fill those dangling plot threads enough to satisfy me. It's still not completely happy per say, with Terezi and Vriska still yet to meet again, and some character fates still left ambiguous, but you can't really expect Hussie to answer them all right?

All and all, it's just perfect, Homestuck is a wild and satisfying ride, and I will probably never see any form of media like it, ever, so yeah! AWESOME!!!

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU (Under Rewrites)

I RP with OC's only :)
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Reply: #3
>The kingdoms of humans, trolls, carapacians, and even the silly consorts! I find it interesting that everyone split the lands into kingdoms for them to rule.

Personally, I'd like to believe that this is a Problem Sleuth reference, with the elf, weasel, pig, and clown kingdoms.

However, one thing has been nagging at me.

Remember how Rose found her shoe on the stairs in the snapchats? In the retcon, Vriska stopped Rose's drinking problem before it started. That would lead me to believe that this isn't the retcon'd timeline, which doesn't make sense, because that ends with [S] GAME OVER.

Either it's an oversight by Hussie or it's intentional. Not sure yet.

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
Offline 10-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Reply: #4
(10-25-2016 10:18 PM)Void Wrote:  >The kingdoms of humans, trolls, carapacians, and even the silly consorts! I find it interesting that everyone split the lands into kingdoms for them to rule.

Personally, I'd like to believe that this is a Problem Sleuth reference, with the elf, weasel, pig, and clown kingdoms.

However, one thing has been nagging at me.

Remember how Rose found her shoe on the stairs in the snapchats? In the retcon, Vriska stopped Rose's drinking problem before it started. That would lead me to believe that this isn't the retcon'd timeline, which doesn't make sense, because that ends with [S] GAME OVER.

Either it's an oversight by Hussie or it's intentional. Not sure yet.

I think Rose still had a drinking problem, just that Vriska stopped it before it escalated severely. So that kissing scene with her a Kanaya should have still happened as that is technically how RoseMary started blossoming. That's my understanding though so I could be wrong.

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU (Under Rewrites)

I RP with OC's only :)
Offline 10-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Reply: #5
Possible, but unlikely. In the Vriskagram flash, she is shown slapping the glass out of Rose's hand prior to her kissing Kanaya, I believe. She loses her heel when she kisses Kanaya. That, and I distinctly remember Kanaya being upset/uncomfortable with how Rose was acting during the drunk rock bottom.

Offline 10-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Reply: #6
I watch the upd8 and I feel very happy, but feels like there's something not right. Something 'empty'.
I dunno. Maybe because I haven't finish HS. :b

Richard VS
The Russians

[Image: tumblr_o4erv15Uj31sc73eno1_1280.gif]
Thanks starlitEnchantress for the talksprite
Offline 10-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Reply: #7
Again, you should probably finish it. It's sort of important to understanding why certain things happen.

Offline 10-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Reply: #8
As a member of the Order of English Defense I need to point out all the Jake-related things for convenient reference (do NOT get me wrong the entire upd8 has had me vibrating in an ecstatic manner ever since I first viewed it!), but that will come later! For now all the non-Jake things that are great about the upd8:

I. They keep their powers! (Someone find a way to give the trolls their Quest Slabs asap, and we should be good to go.)
II. Jane becomes a strong successful businesswoman who takes orders from nobody! Finally she gets the respect she has always deserved.
III. FOUR races on Earth instead of just the one! One wonders how much diplomacy is going to be needed between them to keep the peace. (Wait who's empress?)
IV. Terezi confirmed to be alive and intent on searching for Vriska! Be careful over there, Seer.
V. Rose and Kanaya get married! The Sucker at the reception was probably a bad idea though, everyone's gonna wake up the morning after with WICKED hangovers.
VI. Sprites can survive outside Sburb! Commence operation Spriterescue immediately.
VII. Jade is no longer alone! After three long years without John, she doesn't have to be alone ever again!

Now for the Jake-related things, for all ye OED members.
VIII. Jane's not the only one with a successful business it seems -- Jake's resurrected Skaianet too and is apparently a billionaire! Still wearing shorts to the office, bless him.
IX. And speaking of shorts his posterior's on TV apparently on multiple occasions. Karkat is not amused but at least Jake's found some measure of self-confidence!
X. Apparently people have definitely underestimated Jake's tech prowess: that LE bot appears to be entirely his own handiwork. And Jake doesn't seem to mind losing to Dirk in a strife? (judging by the GAD ZOOKS snap)
XI. Glad to see those two have reconciled splendidly, it implies Jake's done the same with his other friends. It would've been nice for some proper pester/dialog logs but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

All in all even if the gaps have to be filled in ourselves in places, it looks like those arcs left unfinished have been given elegant ends at long last. Is there more to come? One can only hope.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 10-26-2016, 01:09 AM
Reply: #9
(10-25-2016 11:03 PM)nobleRadi8ion Wrote:  III. FOUR races on Earth instead of just the one! One wonders how much diplomacy is going to be needed between them to keep the peace. (Wait who's empress?)

To be honest, this was the first thing that came into my head.
Eventually at least someone, no matter their race/species is going to feel as if it's 'wrong' or because or that they are being 'undervalued' by another race on the planet, or by wider society in general.

Diplomacy would be strained to say the least.

Offline 10-26-2016, 05:53 AM
Reply: #10
And Mr Hussie just had to yank a happy ending away from Nepeta and rub it into our faces. <3<

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)