Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Don't say that about my muse!
Offline 06-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Reply: #41
RE: Don't say that about my muse!
Some of these are new to me, but then again, I guess that I'm kinda new to the fandom.

Geminis doing homework.
[Image: tumblr_njbt4j3KNK1r9ee9go3_1280.png]

Comment on my ThisCrush because why not? AA's ThisCrush
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Reply: #42
Tbh the last Signless one I posted is only a pattern I noticed after YEARS of playing him. And a lot of the ones other people post are things I wouldn't think about either, yeah!

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Away 06-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Reply: #43
Okay but in almost every single fanfiction I find, Dave is seen as this super sensitive dude who'll sob on the shoulder of anyone who takes off his shades and says "WOW UR EYES ARE SO COOL."

NO.

NO HOW DO YOU

HIS EYES ARE BARELY WORTH MENTIONING WHEN IT COMES TO THE VAST SEA OF PERSONALITY HE HAS. YOU COULD MAKE THEM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SHADE OF BROWN AND HE'D STILL ADAMANTLY CLING TO HIS SHADES.

It's not just because his eyes are red, it's also because his sunglasses a physical shield against the world around him. Not to mention a gift from a friend he probably didn't even fully realize cared about him.

Also, if he's going great lengths to hide the windows to his soul isn't it kind of really obvious that tHE LAST THING HE WOULD DO IS OPENLY BE EMOTIONAL IN FRONT OF SOMEONE.

GOD.

I'd ramble more but I'd probably end up writing a whole novella on WHY YOU ARE WRONG ACTUALLY LOOK INTO DAVE'S DELICIOUS PSYCHOLOGY JUST ONCE PLEASE.

"She stared at the king. The king stared back. It was a disaster." — One of my favorite quotes from Howl's Moving Castle
Thank you, Alienoid, for both my past profile picture and my current one! <>
Offline 08-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Reply: #44
Oh god, am I content with these. I have a few of my own though!
Aradia
- People assuming that her idea of a corpse party is throwing corpses around and laughing as she throws party favors at everyone.
- "Oh! so you're Sollux's girlfriend.. right?"
- "Oooh, I get it! So then your EQUIUS' girlfriend right?"
- "Oh so then you're a demon for not being in a relationship"
- "You ruined solfef/erisol/etc!"
- People assuming that she WANTS to creep people out.
- ok ill stop before this gets out of hand.

Feferi
-OHBOY--
- "But.. but Feferi dumped Eridan for no reason!!"
- "Feferi did nothing important for the game!"
- "She is soooo mean!"
- "Ew, a Feferi roleplayer? She ruined everything for everyone."

Yes, yes. I know. An Aradia lover who DOESN'T hate Feferi? *fans self* Yes, I know. A lot of the things I hate people yapping about my muses that I wanted to add to this list were repetitive and would be deemed personal headcanon issues I guess so *shrugs* whatever.

[Image: giphy.gif]
i told you everything would be okay
x1 x1(list)
Offline 08-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Reply: #45
adds another lil response to this memo- as someone who mains dirk and striders generally, uh

bro and a bro are not exactly nice people you realize that right like- fuck man abro doesnt like his lil sonny boy enough to stay with him and not abandon him in the middle of the end of the fucking world, not knowing if he'll survive- and yes, dirk idolizes him, he was a hero and on every magazine he had because he was alone for sixteen fucking years in the middle of an ocean with three people plus his pseudo selves to talk to

what are you supposed to do in that situation

[Image: tumblr_n7tdax9DoT1s1ayhao1_r1_500.gif]

I have so many fucking splinters that I carry tweezers around.
Offline 08-25-2017, 05:52 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-25-2017 05:53 AM by loserMasquerade.)(Edited by loserMasquerade.)
Reply: #46
Hoo boy, lemme talk about you know who for a minute.

People HATE Eridan, and I can understand that considering some many of his actions, but when I RP as him I get IMMEDIATE hate from practically anyone I come across. Eridan is almost always seen as either rude and impatient (which isn't too far off to be fair.), depressed, a sociopath, or obsessed over filling buckets, so whenever I go against that and try to make him lean more towards a doofus that thinks he's swaggy as fuck I get some serious backlash. Either the characters tell me that "you can't fool me with an act", or the actual person will tell me that I'm not roleplaying him right. It's ESPECIALLY painful with Karkats that just yell at Eridan for little to no reason when you consider that the two of them actually have a few moments early on that show understanding for one another.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him for the stupid shit he did, it just sucks when no one seems to actually understand his character and just treat him as either a petty child or a danger to the world. I dunno, I just want people to give the little bastard a chance, though I doubt that'll happen.

[Image: tumblr_mel15uuuZa1qlog4u.png]
IM FUCKING BROKEN
Online 08-25-2017, 08:58 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-25-2017 08:59 AM by PurbleGib.)(Edited by PurbleGib.)
Reply: #47
As another Hal/AR roleplayer, I'd like to put my piece in if you don't mind.

Of course, I gotta agree with your points on Hal there. While I am guilty myself of the constant meme usage (depending on the situation that is), I can completely understand where the 'memelord' misconception comes in.

I believe that they relied upon the various, sometimes out of context quotes Hal has said in the past in numerous conversations with the Alphas such as:
[Image: tumblr_inline_osn9zxXpi01ukywty_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_inline_osna1639QC1ukywty_500.png]
and finally
[Image: tumblr_inline_osna9bRQ5r1ukywty_500.png]
(note that these are some things that he has said in canon. these are just the ones i have on hand.)

And this is where some people usually have misconceptions because, well, of that. But people must understand two things:

1. He's 13.
2. He's an AI.

And, yes, I have forgotten one or both of these two things at some point because I am human and I have my faults. But from what I've been trying to from experience and role-playing constantly (and what people should try to do) is make him as intelligent as he is while also retaining that "childlike humor" (it can be worded any other way, this is just what comes to mind) aspect of him. Because as Dirk once mentioned, the "
maturity gap" is pretty much there in all its fantastic glory for all to see. It's just that maybe people forgot about this, and that's fine.

TLDR: Please, for the love of all that is holy, keep these two aspects of him. It's okay if you lean more towards his AI/intelligence aspect, but also try to at least sneak his thirteen self in there too without overloading on it. It's what makes Hal himself.

Because one thing that always helps me remember what Hal is (in a basis of course) is that he's a kid in a trenchcoat pretending to be an adult.

Sorry for the tangent, I'm just really particular on this topic here. It's a mistake I make myself constantly and I believe people should be aware.

we are in the shit right now

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)