Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Don't say that about my muse!
Offline 02-13-2018, 07:18 AM (This reply was last modified: 02-13-2018 09:07 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #51
RE: Don't say that about my muse!
(02-13-2018 06:49 AM)Gamizle Makarizzle Wrote:  Assuming that because you RP Bro Strider, you're RPing the canon version (IE, saying shit like: "you did this and that to Dave!") and acting like an absolute asshole towards him. Like damn, maybe your version never really abused Dave, maybe he was always loving and supportive, but a really clumsy parent, who knows, but fanon lets him be better.

Basically, I get he's a "problematic" character, but people should maybe stop assuming that people are gonna be roleplaying him as an abuser without prior warning (if they're into that kinda angst, idk). That probably wasn't coherent, but I hope you get what I mean. I don't make sense even to myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I'm guessing this was already said in this thread (I only glossed over it real quick), but the general attitude towards Kankri. He's not always triggered. Also please let Kankris type their message. Not necessarily because it has to be long, but he forms sentences in specific ways. #NotAllKankris.

In all honestly - unless you say you're roleplaying an AU version of a character or make it explicit in your narration, I don't see how you can assume your rp partner will be able to navigate that, or know not to react to your character's canon actions? Like, there's this Mindfang (a lovely person and very fun roleplayer) whom I've fortunately come to recognize, who headcanons that she has no slaves and that she and Rosa had a prior relationship and everything was firmly consensual, but before I knew that, of COURSE I had Psii confront her about it post-death, because why wouldn't the guy have strong opinions about slave owners and specifically that kinda behavior?

Basically, what I'm saying is: you can't hold your roleplay partners accountable for things you don't tell them! I think you can probably have a really good time roleplaying your version of Bro Strider, but this pet peeve isn't anyone making any non-canon assumptions about you - it's more an unfortunate way in which you might be shooting yourself in the foot. Try "alt-timeline!Bro Strider" and/or a brief OOC description of how he differs from canon, and see if that helps you?

Tl;dr Bro's canonically an abuser and if you're not playing him as one, go ahead and let your rp partner know, or they just straight-up won't know, and that isn't their fault! I'm a firm advocate of OOC communication, especially if people thinking you're playing the canon version is upsetting to you.

(Also bluh guh SECONDING you firmly on the Kankri thing. Man.)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Reply: #52
Mm, yeah, i guess i'm kinda salty about all the hate he gets, and consequently, the people that like him. Because as soon as you like a "problematic" character like Bro, you're labelled as so many bad things. I'm just upset over the fiction=reality mentality. :/

[Image: j39rr4q]
Fact: Space does not exist.
List of characters I rp is on my profile page!
Offline 02-19-2018, 06:38 PM (This reply was last modified: 02-19-2018 06:42 PM by Dolorosa.)(Edited by Dolorosa.)
Reply: #53
can people please stop assuming that the dolorosa is really meek and, as said, a prude. i dont do nsfw rps but i find it really entertaining to play her as flirty. she's porrim, after all?? it makes sense. she has a fucking spine, christ. if she apologised everytime a highblood told her off, she wouldn't have been one of the heads of a rebellion?

ALSO!!
i really really hate it when people just shove a grub at her randomly in a roleplay. like,,, i didn't COME here for that. if you want to do a grub rp put has a grub! as a modifier or something so we can actually discuss stuff. i'm really not a fan of rping her being forced to take care of children shfbiuaoip

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)