Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Don't say that about my muse!
Offline 03-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Reply: #21
RE: Don't say that about my muse!
Ok, so I found this on the MSPA wiki: "Like his dancestor, Sollux, Mituna has a dual personality, which was either caused or worsened by the brain damage he suffers from. He alternates between an aggressive and abrasive mood, employing foul language such as anti-seadweller slurs when talking to Meenah and Cronus, and a meek, passive, apologetic self, in which he is too timid to defend himself against Cronus' verbal abuse. He doesn't like being touched by strangers (or maybe just Cronus) and will completely freak out until they let go. He occasionally goes through fits where he rapidly swaps between moods. Mituna skateboards like his matesprit Latula. In order to counter his own clumsiness, he wears a bulky helmet with a dual-color visor reminiscent of Sollux's glasses. He also wears a tight yellow and black bodysuit that matches Latula's outfit. Under his helmet he sports messy hair that covers his eyes. Mituna likes slam poetry, which he tried to show Cronus before he interrupted him by breaking his skateboard."

Geminis doing homework.
[Image: tumblr_njbt4j3KNK1r9ee9go3_1280.png]

Comment on my ThisCrush because why not? AA's ThisCrush
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Reply: #22
0_0

All. The. Time.
Offline 03-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Reply: #23
Wait what, Mituna is still a Captor. He's mentally handicapped sure but he's a mentally handicapped asshole. The assumption that just because he's mentally handicapped, he has to be some simple, soft, fluffy baby is completely insulting.

[Image: 9bb7pc.gif]

Do the evolution
Offline 03-27-2017, 08:40 AM (This reply was last modified: 03-27-2017 08:40 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #24
(03-27-2017 08:02 AM)AncientE%cursion Wrote:  Wait what, Mituna is still a Captor. He's mentally handicapped sure but he's a mentally handicapped asshole. The assumption that just because he's mentally handicapped, he has to be some simple, soft, fluffy baby is completely insulting.

(If you read the full thread wrt Mituna, we covered this above and arsenicArachnid was just being overly defensive of their muse to make a point but agrees w this - but YES, I agree and this is a HUGE fanon pet peeve of mine)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 03-27-2017, 09:03 AM
Reply: #25
What did I just read

Do the evolution
Offline 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Reply: #26
Mituna can be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE butthead sometimes (ok, a lot of times), but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't respect him or treat him like he's a pathetic, retarded piece of shit because he's not.

Geminis doing homework.

Offline 03-28-2017, 03:07 AM
Reply: #27
I get that, just confused as to why it was conveyed through roleplay.

Do the evolution
Offline 03-28-2017, 03:38 AM
Reply: #28
Oh. Ok.

Geminis doing homework.

Offline 03-28-2017, 05:40 AM (This reply was last modified: 03-28-2017 05:42 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #29
And by extension, the idea is that there's no such thing as a "pathetic, r*****ed piece of shit," and attitudes toward Mituna are representative of broader problems w ableism in the Homestuck community, but that's a wayyy broader conversation than I think the forums are intended for.

But yes. We're all on the same page here. Mituna's not a useless r***** with no other personality, because literally no one is - and his character's complexity can hopefully serve to teach Homestucks to start approaching other people with mental illnesses/disabilities/what-have-you as real people, if they can actually recognize his character enough to get there.

I think this conversation should cut off here, please. To put on my Kankri voice, for a moment: This memo is a safe space, after all, and I want all of our guests to feel welcome here, not inundated by discussion of ableist slurs which, as you can understand I'm sure, run the risk of being seriously triggering.

Thank you for understanding.

Offline 03-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Reply: #30
Okay another one: the idea that Latula is shallow. I keep running into this for some reason?

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)