Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Don't say that about my muse!
Offline 11-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Reply: #11
RE: Don't say that about my muse!
There are a million misconceptions about Equius, and I could talk all day about them, but the one that probably bugs me most often is the art.
Equius' hoofbeast art isn't, necessarily, in any way sexual to him.
Nowhere does he say he is attracted to them, it is always admiration.
It is far more likely that the art is to Equius what the Statue of David was to Michelangelo than that he finds it erotic.
In fact, in his introduction, there is an entire paragraph about how Equius (and other highbloods) think it is fine art, and is the oldest and most respected kind among them.

I roleplay Equius almost exclusively, and have done so for three years now. I do not consider myself particularly good at his manner of speaking, but specialize in his psyche, opinions, and personality.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Reply: #12
I hate when im rping a human version of a canon troll and they assume im gonna be exactly the same.
Or if im the troll canon and they assume im just gonna be a fuckin jerk all the time
I mean yeah im eridan but i can still be nice to u. Just give me a chance??
x1(list)
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM (This reply was last modified: 11-18-2016 07:30 PM by nobleRadi8ion.)(Edited by nobleRadi8ion.)
Reply: #13
I have had the grievous misfortune of seeing someone refer to Jake as a fool and an idiot in a group room I was in, also saying that consorts were the only creatures with the same IQ as him. Needless to say my blood started to boil, especially since previously they had said they genuinely despise Jake.

There are several reasons that first statement is erroneous in some respects, considering he collaborated in building Terry Kiser. Yes, grimbark Jade said she helped Jake out numerous times and also said he was not clever, but Hal in the guise of Dirk said of his work that he did a good job and he should be proud of it. Secondly, take a look at exactly who he was in the pre-scratch universe, and remember he has the potential to become *that*, and is already

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 03-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Reply: #14
When I roleplayed Clubs Deuce many people assumed he was a cute cinnamon roll, completely harmless or a literal child. It really pissed me off because iirc CD in any session has been shown to be very competent in doing what he was assigned to (killing Jake and Jade comes to mind).
x1(list)
x1
Offline 03-22-2017, 06:31 AM
Reply: #15
I will add to this again and say that I hate when people assume Karkat is angry 24/7 or that he doesn't care.

Like no.

He cares a lot. Like a whole bunch. The anger and hate is most times just a front to conceal some of his sensitivity. He does, though, have a good amount of genuine anger and frustration, but that mostly just comes out of people around him not cooperating or things not going according to plan. And a lot of it is self-directed as well, as he blames himself for the failures around him, like the cancer in the Beta kids' session (even though that was technically his fault, as he thought fighting the Black King was more important than finding the final frog for the breeding of Bilious Slick, thus making Bilious Slick Bilious Sick (hehe)).

Shruggy shrug!

[Image: 9d3ff5f2395541ff167a77e23effbf0e.gif]
Offline 03-24-2017, 12:21 AM (This reply was last modified: 03-24-2017 07:33 PM by arsenicArachnid.)(Edited by arsenicArachnid.)
Reply: #16
My brother just called Mituna mentally retarded and I yelled at him for 5 straight minutes about what happened to him and how everything is so goddamn different and that he wasn't always like that. He saved everyone and unfortunately there were severe consequences for his actions. Don't blame Tuna baby, do not call him mentally retarded. He is one beautiful troll and is a very sweet troll (except for his bipolar breakdowns). DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY BABY. I WILL FIND YOU, I WILL CULL YOU, I WILL TEAR YOU TO PIECES, AND I WILL PAINT SOME MIRACULOUS MOTHERFUCKING PICTURES WITH YOUR BLOOD MOTHERFUCKER. Don't make fun of my little Tuna.

Geminis doing homework.
[Image: tumblr_njbt4j3KNK1r9ee9go3_1280.png]

Comment on my ThisCrush because why not? AA's ThisCrush
Offline 03-24-2017, 07:40 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-05-2017 11:04 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #17
(03-24-2017 12:21 AM)arsenicArachnid Wrote:  My brother just called Mituna mentally retarded and I yelled at him for 5 straight minutes about what happened to him and how everything is so goddamn different and that he wasn't always like that. He saved everyone and unfortunately there were severe consequences for his actions. Don't blame Tuna baby, do not call him mentally retarded. He is one beautiful troll and is a very sweet troll (except for his bipolar breakdowns). DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY BABY. I WILL FIND YOU, I WILL CULL YOU, I WILL TEAR YOU TO PIECES, AND I WILL PAINT SOME MIRACULOUS MOTHERFUCKING PICTURES WITH YOUR BLOOD MOTHERFUCKER. Don't make fun of my little Tuna.

Tbh, calling someone r*****ed isn't even a fucking character judgment, it's just being down on mental illness/disorders/disability. I'm with you, blood boiling and all. Mituna IS mentally disabled, he DOES have brain damage, and calling him r*tarded is STILL all kinds of gross - because the IDEA that calling someone mentally disabled is an insult is GROSS. In my opinion it's WORSE that it's mocking a real traumatic brain injury.

And you know what? If Mituna wasn't a nice, good person? If he only ever had "ugly symptoms"? Even if he was somehow a genuinely bad person in general, if he had never done a single good thing, if he'd incurred a traumatic brain injury doing something not heroic but genuinely awful- Yeah, no, calling him r*****ed would still be Not Cool.

Eugh. Good on you.

(Censor stars by my own preference/comfort level, no judgment on you for typing it out.)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
x1 x1(list)
Offline 03-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Reply: #18
(03-24-2017 07:40 PM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 12:21 AM)arsenicArachnid Wrote:  My brother just called Mituna mentally retarded and I yelled at him for 5 straight minutes about what happened to him and how everything is so goddamn different and that he wasn't always like that. He saved everyone and unfortunately there were severe consequences for his actions. Don't blame Tuna baby, do not call him mentally retarded. He is one beautiful troll and is a very sweet troll (except for his bipolar breakdowns). DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY BABY. I WILL FIND YOU, I WILL CULL YOU, I WILL TEAR YOU TO PIECES, AND I WILL PAINT SOME MIRACULOUS MOTHERFUCKING PICTURES WITH YOUR BLOOD MOTHERFUCKER. Don't make fun of my little Tuna.

Tbh, calling someone r*tarded isn't even a fucking character judgment, it's just being down on mental illness/disorder/disability. I'm with you, blood boiling and all. Mituna IS mentally disabled, he DOES have brain damage, and calling him r*tarded is STILL all kinds of gross - because the IDEA that calling someone mentally disabled is an insult is GROSS. In my opinion it's WORSE that it's mocking a real traumatic brain injury.

And you know what? If Mituna wasn't a nice, good person? If he only ever had "ugly symptoms"? Even if he was somehow a genuinely bad person in general, if he'd incurred a traumatic brain injury doing something not heroic but genuinely awful- Yeah, no, calling him r*tarded would still be Not Cool.

Eugh. Good on you.

(Censor stars by my own preference/comfort level, no judgment on you for typing it out.)

I don't really have any problems with swearing, so I don't censor stuff, but I was just so mad that I was in tears. I view myself as one of Mituna's ancestors, so I'm just really defensive of him I guess. Or since I'm using Kurloz's quirk, I'm his moirail, so I want to defend that poor little child. (I guess he's not actually a child since he's like 9 sweeps) That poor little child who did everything he could to save his friends, and succeeded. He's a total sweetheart and just wants to be loved. If only everybody could see him that way. Mituna would be so much more understood, however, there are humans like my brother who make fun of Mituna for having the brain damage. Mituna deserves so much more than that, and I don't know why they treat him like garbage. He's so sweet and perfect, and I love him to bits. I will cull anyone who dares to hurt him. Seriously. Why do people treat him like crap. He deserves so much more than that.

Geminis doing homework.

Offline 03-24-2017, 10:55 PM (This reply was last modified: 03-24-2017 11:00 PM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #19
(03-24-2017 09:45 PM)arsenicArachnid Wrote:  I don't really have any problems with swearing, so I don't censor stuff, but I was just so mad that I was in tears. I view myself as one of Mituna's ancestors, so I'm just really defensive of him I guess. Or since I'm using Kurloz's quirk, I'm his moirail, so I want to defend that poor little child. (I guess he's not actually a child since he's like 9 sweeps) That poor little child who did everything he could to save his friends, and succeeded. He's a total sweetheart and just wants to be loved. If only everybody could see him that way. Mituna would be so much more understood, however, there are humans like my brother who make fun of Mituna for having the brain damage. Mituna deserves so much more than that, and I don't know why they treat him like garbage. He's so sweet and perfect, and I love him to bits. I will cull anyone who dares to hurt him. Seriously. Why do people treat him like crap. He deserves so much more than that.

I have to quiiiiiietly chime in that I disagree on one point: Mituna is not 24/7 sweet and perfect. He's a little shit and he ENJOYS being a little shit. Part of his lack of filters is attributable to his brain trauma (is all of it? that feels beside the point), but it's all a part of his current personality, and there's no need to discount that. He enjoys making crude jokes or finding a snarky comeback. He considers himself really good at a lot of things, and isn't above gloating. He's also an incredibly heroic and incredibly sweet person. That's the thing - Mituna is a multifaceted character, I think it does a disservice to his character and to his agency to discount that just because he's "more than his brain damage." Yes, that's true, but his whole personality is interesting and complex and probably-not-always-right and downright wonderful.

(I get the feeling you know this. I felt the need to chime in because, though he's not a muse I play often at all, one of my fandom pet peeves is when people say Mituna is just a sweet little child. No!! He's an adult who enjoys drawing, and video games, and sharing sweet moments with his friends, sure - and who also has a blunt, crass sense of humor, and isn't gonna take your shit, and is definitely going to land that kickflip this time, fuck you for saying otherwise just you watch (sorry? sorry) and tbh I think saying parts of that are "just his brain damage, which he didn't deserve, he's MORE than that" misses how wonderful he is already, the full package. I love the moment when Latula talks about how there's so much more to him, but I think she still loves the parts everyone else sees, too, and that's part of what I love about them.)

Okay but at the end of the day: MITUNA DESERVES BETTER. FANDOM, TAKE NOTE.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 03-25-2017, 12:05 AM
Reply: #20
(03-24-2017 10:55 PM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 09:45 PM)arsenicArachnid Wrote:  I don't really have any problems with swearing, so I don't censor stuff, but I was just so mad that I was in tears. I view myself as one of Mituna's ancestors, so I'm just really defensive of him I guess. Or since I'm using Kurloz's quirk, I'm his moirail, so I want to defend that poor little child. (I guess he's not actually a child since he's like 9 sweeps) That poor little child who did everything he could to save his friends, and succeeded. He's a total sweetheart and just wants to be loved. If only everybody could see him that way. Mituna would be so much more understood, however, there are humans like my brother who make fun of Mituna for having the brain damage. Mituna deserves so much more than that, and I don't know why they treat him like garbage. He's so sweet and perfect, and I love him to bits. I will cull anyone who dares to hurt him. Seriously. Why do people treat him like crap. He deserves so much more than that.

I have to quiiiiiietly chime in that I disagree on one point: Mituna is not 24/7 sweet and perfect. He's a little shit and he ENJOYS being a little shit. Part of his lack of filters is attributable to his brain trauma (is all of it? that feels beside the point), but it's all a part of his current personality, and there's no need to discount that. He enjoys making crude jokes or finding a snarky comeback. He considers himself really good at a lot of things, and isn't above gloating. He's also an incredibly heroic and incredibly sweet person. That's the thing - Mituna is a multifaceted character, I think it does a disservice to his character and to his agency to discount that just because he's "more than his brain damage." Yes, that's true, but his whole personality is interesting and complex and probably-not-always-right and downright wonderful.

(I get the feeling you know this. I felt the need to chime in because, though he's not a muse I play often at all, one of my fandom pet peeves is when people say Mituna is just a sweet little child. No!! He's an adult who enjoys drawing, and video games, and sharing sweet moments with his friends, sure - and who also has a blunt, crass sense of humor, and isn't gonna take your shit, and is definitely going to land that kickflip this time, fuck you for saying otherwise just you watch (sorry? sorry) and tbh I think saying parts of that are "just his brain damage, which he didn't deserve, he's MORE than that" misses how wonderful he is already, the full package. I love the moment when Latula talks about how there's so much more to him, but I think she still loves the parts everyone else sees, too, and that's part of what I love about them.)

Okay but at the end of the day: MITUNA DESERVES BETTER. FANDOM, TAKE NOTE.

Thank you. Yeah. I know that Mituna isn't just some adorable child. I even mentioned the bipolar stuff that Mituna already goes through. I'm just being overly protective of my muse.

Geminis doing homework.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)