Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Young Dolorosa and GHB
Online 10-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Reply: #1
Young Dolorosa and GHB
In which a young woman stumbles upon a mutant grub, and finds herself experiencing a crisis of faith. And, well, in matters of faith, who else would she turn to?

I just adored this Highblood interpretation, played by the wonderful misterraviolio, and couldn't bear to let the dynamic and plot we managed to build go unshared. Plus, I tend to play a Rosa who left the caverns when she was about middle-aged, but I've always loved the idea of her as a very young mother, a teen or young adult still working out exactly what she believes. I've finally had the chance to play it out! It's funny how she speaks so much more formally, but that's the environment she's been in; hopefully in other areas she still reads as young. That's something I actually put a lot of thought into.

Trigger warnings:

Here you go!

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 11-05-2016, 03:32 PM (This reply was last modified: 11-05-2016 03:32 PM by sentientApocolypse.)(Edited by sentientApocolypse.)
Reply: #2
RE: Young Dolorosa and GHB
This is amazing, and I'm quite glad to see that a purpleblood isn't portrayed as a crazy fuckin dash to run up. Especially GHB.

Your Dolorosa is amazing as well, for sure.

you are the nighttime fear
you are the morning when it's clear
when it's over, you'll start
you're my head
you're my heart
Quote this message in a reply
Online 11-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Reply: #3
(11-05-2016 03:32 PM)sentientApocolypse Wrote:  This is amazing, and I'm quite glad to see that a purpleblood isn't portrayed as a crazy fuckin dash to run up. Especially GHB.

Your Dolorosa is amazing as well, for sure.

Thank you!

And yes, I agree, this is a really, really nice highblood portrayal. The prejudice COMES from somewhere! The dogma is believable! What's terrifying about highbloods, and GHB in particular, is that they're inflated caricatures of very real discrimination and senseless violence that people actually commit, so it's incredible to find a roleplayer who actually understands why. Other than a gross and ableist "he's crazy," ofc

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 11-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Reply: #4
Hey there! I had finally gotten around to making a msparp forum account and out of curiosity stumbled upon this. Again I'm still super flattered about all you're saying about my interpretation and reading back the rp, it's still really great.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)