Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Sburb Success Scale
Offline 10-06-2016, 07:51 AM (This reply was last modified: 05-01-2017 07:56 AM by Ghostsoul.)(Edited by Ghostsoul.)
Reply: #1
Sburb Success Scale
This test should tell you (roughly) how successful a sburb session might be, of course, if you get a low score (or a high one) it doesn't mean success is impossible (or certain).

Start off with a score of ‘0’.
Take away (or add) points as instructed
It’s best you know roughly what will happen in your session before attempting this test

1. Does your session have only one player? (The Classpect of this player does not matter)
[This is a DEAD session, and thus an automatic failure, not only that but your session will be much harder than any normal session, there is no need to continue with this test.]
2. Does your session have no time and space player?
[Without Space and Time, the session is automatically a NULL session, there is no need to continue with this test.]
3. Are none of the sprites prototyped pre-entry?
[This is automatically a VOID session, there is no need to continue with this test.]

Now we’ve gotten all the ‘automatic’ failures out of the way, onto the rest of the test:

4. How many players does your session have?
2 Players (-5)
3-4 players (-2)
5-8 players (0)
9-12 players (-1)
13-20 players (-3)
20-50 players (-7)
50+ players (-10)

5. Do any of the players have class ‘doubles’? (I.E Two Seer Players) (-1)
6. Do you have any aspect ‘doubles’? (-2)
7. Do you have any classpect ‘doubles’? (I.E Two Mage’s of Mind?) (-6)

8. Is the team unbalanced between active and passive classes? (-1)*
8a. Is it highly unbalanced? (more than three players difference?) (-3)
8b. Is it very highly unbalanced? (more than five players difference?) (-5)

9. Is the team unbalanced between Prospit and Derse dreamers? (-1)
9a. Highly unbalanced? (-3)
9b. Very highly unbalanced? (-6)

10. Is there a Lord or Muse in your session BUT NOT the other? (I.E A session has a Muse of Time, but no Lord) (-1)
10a. Alternatively, is there BOTH a Muse and Lord in the session, but the Lord and Muse are not of opposing aspects? (I.E There is a Muse of Time in the session, but also a Lord of Light (instead of a Lord of Space)) (-1)

11. Did any player prototype a ‘dangerous’ sprite? (-2)
11a. More than one player? (-4)
11b. Can ‘dangerous’ not even begin to describe it? (-6)

12. Did any player prototype something that is likely to annoy Jack Noir? (-2)
12a. Alternatively, did any player prototype something that is likely to calm Jack down? (+2) (Yes, that's add two points)

13. Do the session have no clear cut leader? (-1)

14. Does your session have any players that…
Have the potential to become murderous towards their fellow team mates? (-2)
Are highly impulsive or reckless? (-1)
A great danger to themselves in some way? (-1)
Troublesome, or incredibly rebellious? (-2)
Narcissistic, or overly egotistical? (-2)
In any other way, might disrupt the session? (-1)

15. Do any of the players, go grimdark, or have a high chance of it? (-3)

16. Do any of the players, go trickster or have a high chance of it? (-2)
16a. Do they ‘go trickster’ for a notable period of time? ^ (-4)

17. Are any of the player’s exiles…
Sadistic, or likely to mess with the player ‘just to see what happens?’ (-4)
Highly under motivated or depressed? (-1)
Have a hard time accepting responsibility for their own problems, or are likely to project their issues onto their player? (-2)
Have a high potential to end up becoming obsessive? (-1)
Otherwise not emotionally or mentally stable? (-2)

18. Are ALL the exiles dead, or otherwise have no way of contacting the players for all, or at least a large majority of the session? (-2)

19. Do any players in the game receive a Denizen that is incredibly strong, or that is (in your opinion) a little above their skill level? (-1)

20. Is there a relatively high chance that none of the players will reach god-tier in the session? (-3)

21. Do any two players have an incredibly bitter relationship and are unable to see past these differences and cooperate? (-1)

22. Does your session have any unstable players with any of these classes: Bard, Witch, Prince and there is not a player that’ll help calm potential unstable urges? (-2)

23. Is either your Time player or Space player a Bard or a Prince? (-2)

24. Does your session generally have poor cohesion between classpects? (Classpects that don’t really work well together, or as a team?) (-3)

25. Are any of the team members’ complete strangers before entering the game? (-1)
25a. Are all the players’ complete strangers before entering the game? (-2)

26. Do any of the players have the potential to become far more powerful than any others within the season, to a dangerous degree? (-1)

27. Is Jack killed off (or brainwashed) before he (and/or the players) can deal with the Black Queen? (-1)

28. Do any of the players encounter…
A minor bug? (-2)
A significant bug? (-5)
A large or dangerous bug? (-10)
A potentially game breaking bug? [AUTOMATIC NULL SESSION - END OF TEST]

Enough with the negativity! Here’s some things that will add to your score.

29. Do any of the players (no matter the classpect) have a good chance of befriending Jack Noir? (+2)

30. Are any players especially talented at fixing relationships within the group? (+2)

31. Is there a high chance that a majority of the players in your session will reach god tier (+3)

32. Do the players generally have good relationships, are unlikely to fight and are not complete strangers before they enter the game? (+2)

33. Are the players in your session generally mentally and emotionally stable enough to handle most of what the game throws at them? (+2)

34. Are the exiles in the session generally cooperative, supportive and friendly? (And do not die off before they can become significant) (+1)

35. Are all the players in your session rather accepting of the idea of ‘fate’ and are willing to fully succumb to it without losing their motivation and will to succeed? (+2)

Results

-90 to -40
Yeah, you’re pretty much doomed at this point, there is very little chance of success. Even if you try, the team is too unstable and there is too much outside influence for this session to ever really work. Sorry.

-39 to -20
There is an incredibly low chance of success for this group. The team is going to have to work very hard and always try and cooperate even in the bleakest movements, perhaps then you can find a bit of hope for this session.

-19 to -10
There is a rather low chance of success for this group. It’s certainly not the most ideal of situations, but with effort coming from everybody there might be a chance you can pull it off. Just keep calm and accept what the game has in store for you.

-9 to -5
There is more a chance of failure than there is of success, but success is still quite obtainable and possible, try not to get too frustrated at the game, even when it doesn’t seem to be working in your favour.

-4 to 0
There isn’t much certainty which way the session will go at this stage. Perhaps it will succeed? Perhaps it will fail, either way, it’s no excuse to start worrying about it. Most sessions fail, and it seems as if you’re in with a better chance than most.

1 to 5
Your session is slightly more likely to succeed than to fail, which makes it unusually good for sburb sessions in general. You still need to make sure your team members are keeping to their roles though! Just because your session if better than most, doesn’t mean the threat of failure still doesn’t loom over you.

6 to 16
Your session has an oddly high chance of success! Congratulations on these grounds! Just keeping going as you are, and you’ll probably be able to create that universe!

* I do realize that player 'fractions' will probably work better for this sort of thing, but I would rather not get too much maths involved here for the moment

^ Since many 'trickster' episodes only occur for a few moments at a time, a 'notable' amount of time indicates any period of time where actions have made at least a moderate impact on the session as a whole.

Any new questions to be suggested/adjusted point allocation changes are welcome.

This is again just a guide, the 'signs' of a bad session, not all sessions with these 'signs' automatically fail (apart from the few I mentioned at the start)

Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Sburb Success Scale
Thanks! My OC session still hasn't come to fruition at all yet since some players still wasn't contacted, but this does give me an idea on where it's going to go so, ty!

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU (Under Rewrites)

I RP with OC's only :)
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 10-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Reply: #3
It says my session is doomed, and I have a prince of doom, so would they destroy my session?
Offline 10-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Reply: #4
(10-10-2016 02:42 PM)Symmetrical_Cake Wrote:  It says my session is doomed, and I have a prince of doom, so would they destroy my session?

Not necessarily, this just tells you if the session is likely to succeed or not, rather than who will cause the undoing.

Offline 10-14-2016, 04:45 AM (This reply was last modified: 10-14-2016 04:45 AM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #5
(10-10-2016 02:42 PM)Symmetrical_Cake Wrote:  It says my session is doomed, and I have a prince of doom, so would they destroy my session?

A prince of doom actively destroys doom/fate! It might be a *good* thing you have one!

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
x1(list)
Offline 10-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Reply: #6
I tried applying this test to the canon Alternian session and got somewhere in the -19 to -10 range. All the other canon sessions were auto-failures of course.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 10-22-2016, 06:41 AM (This reply was last modified: 10-22-2016 06:51 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #7
This is a great test!

Also I'm laughing because I went ahead and went through this w/ the canon sessions for fun, and the alpha trolls were doing surprisingly fine - and then question fourteen happened. (Yes, I know, they have a game-breaking glitch and fail anyway.)

Anyway, this is a really valuable tool and seems incredibly canonically accurate, nicely done!

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
x1(list)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)