Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Makeup Tips, Dupes, and General Appreciation thread??
Offline 09-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Reply: #1
Makeup Tips, Dupes, and General Appreciation thread??
I know people here are interested in makeup, be it drug store, high end, cosplay hints and tips, what have you, everyone's welcome! I just really love talking about makeup/techniques and I wanna hear good tips from other peeps! Hopefully you'll get something from this. :)

I'll post a small Ride or Die makeup tag to get everyone warmed up. :P If I remember correctly, this list comes from Jaclyn Hill on YouTube.

1. PRIMER:
  2. FOUNDATION:
  3. CONCEALER:
  4. FACE POWDER:
  5. UNDER EYE SETTING POWDER:
  6. BLUSH:
  7. BRONZER/CONTOUR:
  8. HIGHLIGHT:
  9. MASCARA:
  10. LIPSTICK:
  11. LIQUID LIP:
  12. LIP GLOSS:
  13. LASHES:
  14. EYESHADOW PALETTE:
  15. SETTING SPRAY:
  16. PERFUME:

1. PRIMER: Benefits Porefessional Primer!
  2. FOUNDATION: MAC NC15 Pro Longwear
  3. CONCEALER: None! I'm fortunate enough that my foundation does a really good job of covering up my under eye circles.
  4. FACE POWDER: MAC Prep + Prime finishing powder - Translucent
  5. UNDER EYE SETTING POWDER: MAC Prep + Prime finishing powder - Translucent. I bake this sucker on and have no creases!
  6. BLUSH: Lancome Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose
  7. BRONZER/CONTOUR: Kat Von D's Shade + Light Palette
  8. HIGHLIGHT: I don't quite have this palette yet, but the Anastasia Glow Kit absolutely kills me and I wanna get it!
  9. MASCARA: Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara in Black! Leaves my lashes hella fluffy
  10. LIPSTICK: Lancome's The New Pink (Sheen)
  11. LIQUID LIP: Kat Von D's Lolita I, but be warned, it can get a little tacky if you're eating or drinking a lot. Ulta brand Contour Lip Liner in Bittersweet matches it really well.
  12. LIP GLOSS: Does chapstick count? I like the original Burt's Bees. :P
  13. LASHES: I don't wear falsies!
  14. EYESHADOW PALETTE: It's a tie between my Naked Basics palette from Urban Decay, or my Maybelline Almond Satin palette. Not even sure if they make it any more. :P
  15. SETTING SPRAY: Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray. This shit will stick your makeup on for hours, even in humid climates (Georgia) and you won't melt. Highly Recommend.
  16. PERFUME: Lancome's Midnight Rose

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Makeup Tips, Dupes, and General Appreciation thread??
Man, now I can look pretty as ever ᕕ( ՞ ᗜ ՞ )ᕗ

Beans: Brb giving blowjobs for my daily nutrition
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Reply: #3
Hoo boy, let me just get started on something I rarely ever see. This may not be the perfect place to put it - but if there are any individuals suffering out there, I feel it's my place to assist, because there is an extreme drought in effective hooded eye-lid makeup tutorials out there. Damn you all, people with monolids and the blessing of lots of lid space. Here's one for my hooded-lid folks out there.

LINER:

Obviously I'm not trying to generalize, but... well, generally liquid liner can be quite the issue. I get it. I really do. Thus why it's probably for the best to use a pencil liner on the lid. I understand it's not as fun nor chic, but hear me out. All hope is not lost.

When satisfied with the pencil liner on the lid, you have one of two options: 1.) You're done, move on or 2.) Whip out the liquid liner and create a fierce cat-eye flick. Whilst this entire thing is probably incredibly obvious, I had no idea at first, and kept trying to fill in my entire lid with liquid liner. :^) Pencil liner on the lid, and liquid for the flick if desired, will help prevent the dreaded transfer and hopefully keep you looking pristine.

Personally, I'd then take the pencil again or a black-ish eye-shadow and a small angular brush and bring it to about halfway down my bottom lid. Blend that out a little bit, and it should have the effect of opening your eyes up (very, very useful for hooded lids) - without looking like a stereotypical goth.

EYESHADOW:

Y i k e s. This can be difficult, but is also more subjective depending on how hooded your lid is. This also determines whether or not eyeshadow primer is really needed - if the hood is rather large-scale, then investing in a good primer can be incredibly handy towards preventing that creasing effect.

Also, if necessary, cutting the crease above the natural crease of the eye can create the illusion that there is more lid-space, thus fighting the small hooded lid aesthetic. (If feeling dramatic, glue down those brows with some Spirit Gum or similar adhesive and go to town.)

Matte colours. Stay away from shimmery pigmented shadows, as they tend to highlight the hood of your eye. Kat Von D's Shade & Light Palette is perfect, but most matte eyeshadows should prevent putting the spotlight on the hood.

Hopefully this helps to some degree. I'll sleep content knowing that at least one pair of hooded-lids has been combated. This information is most likely just regurgitated from sources you can find online - but if you see a fault, feel free to correct me!

Offline 09-28-2016, 10:46 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-28-2016 10:49 AM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #4
Kat Von D's Shade + Light palette is a contouring palette, isn't it?

I suggest the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. Lots of mattes and it's pretty silky/pigmented. You can get some comparable dupes from NYX if you're tight on money. A good tip for cut creases is to use a concealer brush + concealer/eye primer to create a really dramatic cut. Nikkie Tutorials does a lot of cut creases and has a lot of tips for them.

((It also doesn't hurt to get the too faced eye shadow insurance or the eye primer potion from UD too, to help your shit stick))

Edit:: Another tip I picked up, if you're having trouble keeping your eyeliner on (it keeps smudging off or melting) you can kind of 'set' your liquids and gels with a bit of dark eye shadow with a small angled brush. Make sure to curl your lashes and mascara before you do eyeliner though!!

Offline 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Reply: #5
The palette is branded as contour-oriented, but it's got some colours that are perfect for transitioning and the like, so I suppose it could be used for both. I do believe it comes with a small leaflet-esque thing that describes how it can be used for the eyes, also.

Offline 09-28-2016, 11:03 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-28-2016 11:20 AM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #6
(09-28-2016 10:59 AM)Pisces Wrote:  The palette is branded as contour-oriented, but it's got some colours that are perfect for transitioning and the like, so I suppose it could be used for both. I do believe it comes with a small leaflet-esque thing that describes how it can be used for the eyes, also.

Ohhhh, I never really noticed the leaflet! Thanks for the tip! I love using soft browns in my makeup, I'm not really sure why it didn't dawn on me before hand to use it that way. I only got the palette earlier last week, so I haven't gotten a chance to fool around with it much.

Offline 05-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Reply: #7
I thought I could get some tips for having good make-ups and beauty. You could have given information about the way of doing hairstyles or using the makeup kit heartland package. I wish to know about your topics. Update your blog.
Offline 05-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Reply: #8
yeah void update your makeup blog are you even a real g8mr gurl

Sure you want me?
Offline 05-23-2019, 04:47 AM
Reply: #9
Update your blog "please", Dibiya. You have to ask nicely or you'll never get anywhere.
Offline 06-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Reply: #10
Yeah, Dibiya I also be happy if you will update your blog :)

I'ill tell little about myself. So I'm a young boy from USA and I like this website about Gangstar Vegas Hack. This is my favourite game.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)