Freshness Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ship talk and suggestions
Offline 09-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Reply: #1
Ship talk and suggestions
This is just all just random thoughts.
But i was thinking. maybe have a list of possible ships? like top liked?
then go down to crack ships, like cronusXalphabro. i dunno. its just a thought.
but making a forum for ships where people can share their likes about a particular ship duo or whatnot.
^_^ thank you for reading this!

[Image: tumblr_mv7xqq1DeM1sbw68ro7_540.png]
tRiCkStEr
Le derp
crap i dunno! sorry i forgot the milk for the cookies!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 09-28-2016, 03:44 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Ship talk and suggestions
(09-27-2016 02:32 PM)risibleMiscreant Wrote:  A memo like this would belong in the General Chat section.

Oh ^_^" sorry
I didn't necessarily know.
I thought it could be a suggestion <:3 sorry once again.

[Image: tumblr_mv7xqq1DeM1sbw68ro7_540.png]
tRiCkStEr
Le derp
crap i dunno! sorry i forgot the milk for the cookies!
Quote this message in a reply
Online 09-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Reply: #3
congestedConquest Wrote:maybe have a list of possible ships?
A list of possible ships? As in, every single possible ship in Homestuck? That would be a lot of ships. A hell of a lot of ships. I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to shoot your idea down! I don't want to come across as negative or like I'm trying to reject your idea, I'm just saying that, as Tumblr user konec0 figured out:

konec0 Wrote:[...]the Homestuck value of 840 characters is also inaccurate: the MSPA Wiki has 840 pages, that does not equate 840 characters. The List of Homestuck Characters page says 138, but this is also clearly inaccurate: the troll ancestors are lumped into 1 page, for example; some post/pre-scratch distinctions are made, but not others. It does account for a large number of secondary characters though.

Expanding all the pages of characters that got lumped together gives me a rough estimate of ~165. And that’s a conservative estimate.

That gives us a total number of possible ships of:

Flushed: (165*164)/2!
Pale: (165*164)/2!
Caliginous: (165*164)/2!

Just these together gives us 13,530 ships, which is clearly much less. HOWEVER, there’s one more quadrant to go:

Ashen is a bit harder, since it involves 3 people and the relationship is different depending on who the auspistice is. But it should be (165*164*163)/2!, which gives us a whopping 2,205,390. Added together, that’s 2,218,920 possible ships.

Something tells me a list of over two million ships would be a bit hard to manage in any circumstance.

Offline 09-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Reply: #4
And that's only assuming that the relationship only includes two people, sans the case of the ashen quadrant. Technically, if it were to be all possible ships, it could go as far as shipping half the characters with the other half. Hell maybe someone ships an imp with one of John's retcon arms and a particularly zesty consort. This list would make for one wild ride. I kind of want to see it actually. This is a very creative idea, even despite the unlikeliness of it coming around because of all the difficulties. Maybe someone off site will make something like this one day. ^w^

[Image: tumblr_nwgd2uqHwK1sg6teeo2_540.gif]

have you read this shit?)

(highlights!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)