Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Epilogue discussion
Offline 07-14-2016, 07:29 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-14-2016 07:30 AM by unkindledVetiver.)(Edited by unkindledVetiver.)
Reply: #1
Epilogue discussion
Let's see if I can start my forum reputation off with a lackluster bang. I've already had one mess up, and I'm not screwing this one up.

Let's talk about what we expect from the epilogue, for me, I don't think we really need an epilogue, Hussie did a fantastic job with the ending, and any ends left untied just allow us to be imaginative about it, and it leaves the universe open for new, fan storyline. That's my personal opinion, and I love hearing other people's opinions, so let's hear em!

[Image: tumblr_inline_o6di7srehv1qe75xt_500.png]
JESSICA STOP IT CANT HURT YOU ANYMORE
Check out my fanventure!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Epilogue discussion
I just want characters to talk. Homestuck was very character driven and yet we never see their feelings about the end of it all.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
x1 x1(list)
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Reply: #3
(07-14-2016 07:55 AM)schrodingersKitten Wrote:  I just want characters to talk. Homestuck was very character driven and yet we never see their feelings about the end of it all.

I completely agree with that, I've been sitting here, attempting to think of a reason why, but, simply put, I just agree wholeheartedly.
I need to stop trying so hard.

Check out my fanventure!
Away 07-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Reply: #4
Yo, seeing this thread made me fucking excited because I thought Hussie had actually updated the comic one last time and posted the Epilogue he said he'd do. Lo and behold, I check the website and it's still un-updated. Bummer. I was looking forward to some fucking closure for this goddamn webcomic. What with it ruining my life and all. Either way, I do believe that this thread is necessary for discussion of what the Epilogue could be.

I would ask what you guys think the epilogue could be and/or what I think the epilogue might be, but c'mon. This is Andrew Hussie we're talking about. The same guy responsible for destroying everyone's Hopes and Dreams favorite characters in one fell swoop of animation. The man's an unpredictable enigma. He's like a crack-addled wildebeest with a knack for writing. He's like a serial killer who listens to Jazz with an odd time signature. He's like a hyper-adaptable teenager with and even more hyper imagination. He's like a.. a... Dammit, I'm out of similes. And I only made a couple, too. Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that Hussie's is hard to predict, and I don't think trying to detect what the Epilogue will be, like some kind of medium who's psychic abilities only apply to fictional works, is generally a good idea. At least, for me it isn't. I'd rather be surprised with what he does. Like I normally am.

But what do I want from this Epilogue? I mean, to be honest I'd be fine with whatever Hussie pulls because it's his story and I trust him to do what needs to for his child. That child being Homestuck of course. I will say that I Need. Fucking. Closure. I think we all do. I can't have the webcomic end like it did. I just can't. And like SchrodingersKitten said, the characters need to talk. The retcon not having much character-driven moments is good and dandy for the messag Hussie was trying to convey about "Good Endings" and "getting everything that you wished for", but it's pretty bad to these strong, memorable characters that he created. I really want closure, and Act 7 didn't really cut it for me story-wise. It was beautiful and it sounded good, but I hated it in terms of plot and it left me dead inside and wanting more.

Don't tell my mom I like homestuck.
Offline 07-15-2016, 06:16 AM
Reply: #5
Your post made me laugh, my god, but I completely agree, we can't really pinpoint what he'll do, hell, it could end up with him doing a Harry Potter cursed child style, with the kids of the betas and alphas, boy that would be fun >->

Check out my fanventure!
x1(list)
x1
Away 07-15-2016, 12:07 PM
Reply: #6
(07-15-2016 06:16 AM)unkindledVetiver Wrote:  Your post made me laugh, my god, but I completely agree, we can't really pinpoint what he'll do, hell, it could end up with him doing a Harry Potter cursed child style, with the kids of the betas and alphas, boy that would be fun >->

I'm glad I made you laugh, friendo. Thanks for the kind words and the validation of my comedic ability. I'm also glad you agree with me and I like the idea you proposed with the Cursed ChildStuck scenario. I think it's hella unlikely, but I still think it's a great premise.

Don't tell my mom I like homestuck.
Offline 07-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Reply: #7
Cursed Childstuck would be hard to pull of considering last we saw, most of the characters were in gay, extraterrestrial relationships, and the ones that weren't were: John and Roxy, gay or closely related (Jane, Jade, Jake). When you consider that Jake and Dirk were implied to be back together, this leaves Jane and Jade's only relationship option being a close relative or Terezi.

I don't think there are a lot of little ones running around in the new universe.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Offline 07-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Reply: #8
Paradox Space (the site of course) has not updated either, and the reason that rustles my jimmies is because that could well have been a potential place to put up the character interactions that for who knows what reason (perhaps because Hussie felt rushed by the fandom into ending it when he did?) were skipped/glossed over in canon.

Granted, PXS comics would probably not count as canon unless drawn by Hussie (at which point they're classified "possibly canon"), so that's probably still fairly unsatisfying. One thing's for sure, whatever game he is playing with his epilogue, it will probably not be released until after Hiveswap comes out.

On the subject of the possibility of a third generation of humans (1st are the alphas/Nobles, 2nd are the betas/Heroes), let's not forget that the eight of them can still have offspring without actually doing the unspeakable act, courtesy of ectobiology.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
x1(list)
x1
Offline 08-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Reply: #9
I honestly agree with Kase.

No matter how badly I want my favourite characters to show up again (they're all dead :"^) ((save Dave)) ), I know that isn't a possibility unless somehow hussie decides to incorporate dreamselves.

I just really want some closure and confusion to be cleared.

[Image: 22bd7dd9d3dfba56fac908d030d58ac9.png]
Offline 08-04-2016, 01:15 AM
Reply: #10
How has this thread not died tho ._.

Check out my fanventure!