Freshness Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
{ Troll Dictionary }
Offline 06-23-2016, 11:53 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-26-2016 01:06 PM by JurassicSam.)(Edited by JurassicSam.)
Reply: #1
{ Troll Dictionary }
I put together a little dictionary for Alternian terms that have been used in Homestuck.
If you know of something that I missed, let me know and I can add it. And credit you :0

Troll Anatomy

Animals

Food

Household Terms

Law

Hobbies and Terms for Them

Myth and Religion

Reproduction

Romance

Sayings

Social Order

Solar System

A smol thanks to dong_jr, Beans, pennyango, and Phrike for helping me find some things :0
And Fubar for pointing out some other things :000
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Reply: #2
RE: Troll Dictionary -
I belive "Cardiovascular pump" is used to describe the heart, but I couldn't give you a page number.
Also, HEIRESS APPARENT is the term used for young fuschiabloods, and HEIRESS is used as well, though that might just be a given.

This is really thorough and well done! Thank you for posting it!

Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Reply: #3
I don't know about "shame globes". Kakrkat did mention autoerogenous shame globes, however, which might be genitalia or have even more bizzare purpose for all we know.

Good job on not mixing up "wiggler" and "wRiggling day" - they're often confused for each other. But there are no "wRigllers" or "wiggling days", only what you described.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Reply: #4
I have yet to read all of this, but jesus CHRIST I'm only on the first section and I'm already impressed. I don't recognize most of these terms and I've just realized that I sorely need to go back to rereading homestuck so I may apply this newfound knowledge.

Or, uh. Rediscover it?

Holy heck this is thorough. Good job, you guys!! :0

[Image: usDxVcS.png]
Offline 06-24-2016, 05:47 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-24-2016 05:50 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #5
(06-23-2016 03:40 PM)Fubar Wrote:  I don't know about "shame globes". Kakrkat did mention autoerogenous shame globes, however, which might be genitalia or have even more bizzare purpose for all we know.

Good job on not mixing up "wiggler" and "wRiggling day" - they're often confused for each other. But there are no "wRigllers" or "wiggling days", only what you described.

I think that "autoerogenous" is just Karkat's choice of adjective for them, which likely does imply them as related to the genetalia (as does the fact that his other body parts used most in insults are the bone bulge and nook - aside from the chitinous windhole, but that one usually has context akin to "shut up").

More importantly, NICE! Thanks for compiling this all in one place; definitely gonna keep this memo handy when writing.

Are the mirthful messiahs "prophets" for sure? I was under the impression that they were heavily implied, later on, to be Caliborn and Calliope. (Sorry for sending so many separate replies! I think I'm done commenting for the moment, carry on.)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 06-24-2016, 06:02 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-24-2016 06:02 AM by Fubar.)(Edited by Fubar.)
Reply: #6
I thought Mirthful Messiahs were supposed to be Doc Scratch and Lord English, given Gamzee's line here:
TC: and now i'm the last one, so i finally motherfuckin understand.
TC: I FINALLY GOT MY MOTHERFUCKING UNDERSTAND ON TO WHO THE MIRTHFUL MESSIAHS ARE.
TC: they were always both me. :o)
TC: AND ALSO MOTHERFUCKING ME. Do:

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 06-24-2016, 03:53 PM (This reply was last modified: 10-08-2016 01:46 AM by pennyango.)(Edited by pennyango.)
Reply: #7
hey, nice job man! i think i may have a few to add, if youd want to.

this memo is really handy though, thanks for putting it together! ill definitely be keeping it on hand.

honey NUT
Offline 06-26-2016, 02:13 AM
Reply: #8
This is well done. May I reference this in my upcoming monster of a guide?

Offline 06-26-2016, 11:31 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-26-2016 11:32 AM by JurassicSam.)(Edited by JurassicSam.)
Reply: #9
(06-24-2016 03:53 PM)pennyango Wrote:  hey, nice job man! i think i may have a few to add, if youd want to.

this memo is really handy though, thanks for putting it together! ill definitely be keeping it on hand.
I'll try to add these later.

(06-24-2016 05:37 PM)Phrike Wrote:  Chumbucket and wader are also insulting terms for seadwellers. Not sure if it extends to both Alternia and Beforus, but I'd imagine so (though saying it on one planet is more likely to get you culled than the other)
I'll add these too, thank ya

(06-26-2016 02:13 AM)Trusty McCoolguy Wrote:  This is well done. May I reference this in my upcoming monster of a guide?
Go ahead :0
Offline 07-03-2016, 06:34 AM
Reply: #10
Bumping this because I added a bunch of terms and a few new sections :0

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)