Freshness Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.67 Average
Troll Psychic Powers: A Guide
Offline 06-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Reply: #1
Troll Psychic Powers: A Guide
I haven't really seen any flagrant misinterpretations of all the potential troll psychic powers out there, but just in case anyone was wondering, here's a guide on the possible powers and some information about them!

Let's put them in order of blood caste, to make things easier, and because no powers are known to be shared between more than one caste. Olive, jade, teal, indigo, violet, and fuchsia-blooded trolls have no known psychic powers, though it probably wouldn't be completely out of the question for an olive or jade blood to have extremely weak telekinesis.

I won't mention vision twofold or vision eightfold, since they've been very strongly implied (if not confirmed) to belong exclusively to the Captors and Serkets respectively.

I hope this was helpful! If you find any mistakes, or think there's anything that could be added, feel free to let me know!

TA: iif you cant fiigure 2hiit out by fuckiing around you dont belong near computer2.
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-22-2016, 05:33 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-22-2016 05:40 PM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #2
RE: Troll Psychic Powers: A Guide
Nice! Really great to see this centralized in one easy-to-navigate guide, and I agree with Fubar's little comment over in the prompts, this is definitely "an hour well-spent!"

You know it's weird, until reading that Vriska panel I was gonna come back with "but it's not necessarily correlated to blood!" but... well look at that, I guess it is! I knew that lowbloods were more likely to have psychic abilities, but never that the patterns were that specific. So, well, I've been messing me up - but hey, thanks for bringing it up or I'd just keep doing the same.

Thank you thank you thank you for the note about the Captors, and how their abilities are SUPER UNREALISTIC in fantrolls. This gets skipped over a lot, and even with one of them established as, you know, THE Psiioniic. So yeah, nice, always glad to see that mentioned and it too rarely is.

Hey, I hit a point where I can actually make a useful comment instead of just gushing, look at that! I feel like it's worth mentioning that powers like Vriska's can't affect humans properly; she can only put them to sleep (the source of Jade's presumed narcolepsy early on) and wake them up (wake them up inside)

Anyway, wow, thank you for a spot-on guide!

Also, here's that panel!

ARANEA: If anyone else attempted this, what you said would 8e true. 8ut I am not just anyone.
ARANEA: I am a very powerful Sylph of Light. I have had millions of sweeps to hone my a8ilities.
ARANEA: As one gifted with the aspect of light, certain outcomes will 8e prone to 8r8king in my favor.
ARANEA: And as an ancient, highly experienced sylph, I wield an unprecedented a8ility to heal.

So she is, technically, talking about her classpect abilities. But she could presumably also be talking about her psychic abilities; I can agree that it would be unrealistic for many ceruleans to have this much control.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Reply: #3
I've always found troll psychic powers to be a fascinating topic! I actually never noticed that they're mostly caste-specific before. Very in-depth guide!

Though I wanted to mention that Aradia has the power to put people to sleep! As seen here and in the subsequent panel: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004048
Though it just occurred to me after typing it out that it might just fall into the telekinesis category? *shrugs*
She also has the ability to summon the spirits of the dead, but that seems like it could just be an Aradia thing. :P
Offline 07-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Reply: #4
Thanks for making this guide! I looked everywhere for one of these, hehe!

I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO
[Image: giphy.gif]
I TOLD YOU DAWG
Offline 10-02-2016, 07:16 AM
Reply: #5
This was SUUUUUUUUUPER helpful. Im trying to make a troll version of me, and I was deciding if I would have psychic powers, and this helped alot. Thanks.
Offline 10-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Reply: #6
Thanks. That really helped actually.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)