Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Loose Ends and Other Things that Need to be Addressed Post-Act 7
Offline 06-20-2016, 01:24 AM
Reply: #21
RE: Loose Ends and Other Things that Need to be Addressed Post-Act 7
(06-19-2016 11:03 AM)lord princess Wrote:  
(06-18-2016 07:22 AM)PathosPluviose Wrote:  I remember Rose saying something like "Fuck it" about playing the rain :'( I guess we may never know how Playing the Rain will work...

I'd imagine it would be much like John and Dave finishing their quests: Playing her violin in just the right way to return life to her planet, most likely to the tune of the rain.

Jaspersprite dropped really big hints to what her quest was an how it fit into the grand scheme of things: She was to understand genetic code and how to decipher it from non-biological sources. In a normal session, this skill would have helped a great deal in creating the genesis frog, but the B1 session had otherworldly help so it didn't really matter whether or not Rose completed her quest, except on a personal level. And even then, Rose learned to mature in other ways.

All of the things you said make a lot of sense to me, and I feel better about the situation of it being unused. Rose did grow and mature in many ways, regardless of the fact that she disregarded Playing The Rain. Oh, but what if Jasprossprite were to play it? I'd love to see that.

[Image: latest?cb=20150425075115]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-20-2016 07:24 PM by Chandy Nitram.)(Edited by Chandy Nitram.)
Reply: #22
This is mostly a sad theory, but I believe Caliborn's Masterpiece happens years after Act 7, but also before-during Act 6 and Act 7.

Remember, the trolls that went in the new world with the humans are Karkat, Kanaya and possibly Terezi. None of them had achieved God Tier, meaning they were all fated to eventually die of old age. Calliope likely suffered the same fate as well.

Now, the only ones we see in Caliborn's masterpiece are humans. All humans achieved God tier.

It's mostly based on speculation, but after the trolls and Calliope all died, the humans went back in time thanks to Dave and John in order to fight Caliborn. Perhaps in an attempt to stop Lord English before he became Lord English, who knows?

In any case, this has to happen before Caliborn's House Juju gets lost in the dream bubbles.

When Vriska uses this Juju, she summons the John, Dave, Rose and Jade that fought Caliborn so they can "finish the job."

What happened to the B2 Humans after that is a mystery though.

[Image: 1449486851051161000.gif]
I am the Swiss Chandelure of MSPARP. I can play as tAVROS, John or jade. Or as a Chandelure
Offline 06-21-2016, 10:03 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-21-2016 10:04 PM by nobleRadi8ion.)(Edited by nobleRadi8ion.)
Reply: #23
Also on the subject of arcs and quests and whatnot, has anybody else here noticed Jake never once got to use his god tier powers in the retconned timeline? Not even in EOA6 did we see, so theoretically this would make him the only one of the kids who unlocked his powers *after* they won, assuming The Masterpiece takes place sometime after they stepped through the door.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 06-22-2016, 01:00 AM
Reply: #24
(06-21-2016 10:03 PM)nobleRadi8ion Wrote:  Also on the subject of arcs and quests and whatnot, has anybody else here noticed Jake never once got to use his god tier powers in the retconned timeline? Not even in EOA6 did we see, so theoretically this would make him the only one of the kids who unlocked his powers *after* they won, assuming The Masterpiece takes place sometime after they stepped through the door.

But you also have to remember that Jake is a page! Pages have a lot of potential, but they almost never realize it. Even in the pre retconned timeline, we only see Jake use his powers two or three times. He has very little control over it.

He totally could have used them at some point, though. There's a lot of stuff that was skipped over.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Offline 06-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Reply: #25
(06-22-2016 01:00 AM)lord princess Wrote:  
(06-21-2016 10:03 PM)nobleRadi8ion Wrote:  Also on the subject of arcs and quests and whatnot, has anybody else here noticed Jake never once got to use his god tier powers in the retconned timeline? Not even in EOA6 did we see, so theoretically this would make him the only one of the kids who unlocked his powers *after* they won, assuming The Masterpiece takes place sometime after they stepped through the door.

But you also have to remember that Jake is a page! Pages have a lot of potential, but they almost never realize it. Even in the pre retconned timeline, we only see Jake use his powers two or three times. He has very little control over it.

He totally could have used them at some point, though. There's a lot of stuff that was skipped over.

This was the part of the convoluted passing of the "destined to kill Lord English" baton, which started with Cronus. It's not a loose end at all, it's actually necessary!

If I remember correctly, and if Aranea and Jade have any idea what they're talking about, that destiny passed hands through a chain something like Cronus-->Eridan-->(no hope player, so) Dave-->Jake-->no one, because each one of those "chosen" or "destined" to defeat him gave it up. Dave was also set up as a "chosen one" by foreshadowing and by grimbark Jade. Cronus gave up magic, then Eridan gave up magic, then Dave openly said first that he doesn't want to be the hero guy (not the "I'm not a hero" line, this is later), then Jake was only ever manipulated into it and kinda gave that up when he turned against Aranea.

That was a really well done point, imo. It's not a loose end, but it IS the subversion of the "chosen one" trope.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 06-22-2016, 09:01 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-22-2016 09:03 AM by schrodingersKitten.)(Edited by schrodingersKitten.)
Reply: #26
(06-22-2016 06:35 AM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  

This was the part of the convoluted passing of the "destined to kill Lord English" baton, which started with Cronus. It's not a loose end at all, it's actually necessary!

If I remember correctly, and if Aranea and Jade have any idea what they're talking about, that destiny passed hands through a chain something like Cronus-->Eridan-->(no hope player, so) Dave-->Jake-->no one, because each one of those "chosen" or "destined" to defeat him gave it up. Dave was also set up as a "chosen one" by foreshadowing and by grimbark Jade. Cronus gave up magic, then Eridan gave up magic, then Dave openly said first that he doesn't want to be the hero guy (not the "I'm not a hero" line, this is later), then Jake was only ever manipulated into it and kinda gave that up when he turned against Aranea.

That was a really well done point, imo. It's not a loose end, but it IS the subversion of the "chosen one" trope.

If the universe created in A7 really was the one the cherubs originated from, the baton was probably passed to Calliope, if it really works like you said (I always though it went only to Hope players, as in B1 never had a chosen one).

Calliope, being the only non-Lord English player in their sessions, receives the responsibility. Her doomed finally fulfilled the prophecy and defeated Lord English for good (?).

Also note that Dave did, in fact, kill an iteration of Lord English.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Offline 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Reply: #27
(06-22-2016 09:01 AM)lord princess Wrote:  
(06-22-2016 06:35 AM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  

If the universe created in A7 really was the one the cherubs originated from, the baton was probably passed to Calliope, if it really works like you said (I always though it went only to Hope players, as in B1 never had a chosen one).

Calliope, being the only non-Lord English player in their sessions, receives the responsibility. Her doomed finally fulfilled the prophecy and defeated Lord English for good (?).

Also note that Dave did, in fact, kill an iteration of Lord English.

Oooooh, nice point. And bonus for extra canon confirmation - Aranea's a little off, but her initial choice of "chosen one" is not Jake, but instead a full-grown Calliope. Red-text Calliope is definitely close enough.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Reply: #28
(06-22-2016 09:01 AM)lord princess Wrote:  Calliope, being the only non-Lord English player in their sessions, receives the responsibility. Her doomed finally fulfilled the prophecy and defeated Lord English for good (?).

Aranea Serket LONG AGO Wrote:ARANEA: And to this player, in this session, he [YALBADAOTH] [w]o[/w]ffered his most extreme choice of all.
ARANEA: It was the choice 8etween a path of conquest, and a path of sacrifice.
ARANEA: 8ut this is putting it lightly.
ARANEA: In a tongue only his player could understand, he descri8ed what the path of the martyr entailed.
ARANEA: In short, it involved nothing.
ARANEA: The player chooses to walk away from the tempt8tion of power. To surrender all am8ition, and to welcome death.
ARANEA: In exchange for this pledge comes a promise. The player's sacrifice is assured to 8enefit all who will ever live.
ARANEA: In death, the player would later 8e in the position to help 8ring an end to a force of unfathoma8le evil and destruction.
ARANEA: A force which was unleashed, for instance, 8y someone who once opted for the other choice.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 06-22-2016, 07:50 PM
Reply: #29
On that note here's the current tally of people who kicked Caliborn's/LE's ass:

1. John (first blood, some time after the Lordling got to god tier, in GAME OVER)
2. Jake (after Caliborn acquires the [barf]FULL BODY UNION[/url] with the clockwork majyyks)

I still don't know *when* that Masterpiece happens ("years in the future, but not many"?), but ironically it proved Aranea right. John might've beaten Caliborn first, but Jake got the version who had that most distinctive (and mildly seizure-inducing) LE trait and took him down anyway, "...providing the first glimmer of hope to others that some day, he could 8e destroyed."

3. Dave and dead!Calliope (this was a team effort of course. Presumably Dave provided the cue ball and Calliope provided the pocket. Hint hint.[/speculation] Also Dave killed Lord Jack, in dramatic fashion to boot.)

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)