Freshness Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Loose Ends and Other Things that Need to be Addressed Post-Act 7
Offline 06-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Reply: #11
RE: Loose Ends and Other Things that Need to be Addressed Post-Act 7
Another thing that still remained a mystery: does anybody remember the final frog during the beta kids' session? The white one with the flashing eyes? We need an explanation as to who led Jade to it.

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Reply: #12
There are two things bothering me the most.

- Everything about The Grand Highblood. All we know is that no one liked him and he did a lot of bad things. What is this motherfucker's beef. Why is his hair an octopus. Why does he have lime blood on his gory rainbow wall of murder. How did he die. Did he even die at all before the trolls' session started? What is his relationship with the batterbitch? What was so awful about Dualscar's joke? Did GHB even have a fucking lusus.

- What would have John got if he alchemized the Problem Sleuth board game with his hammer????

My name is Emily and I like asinine clowns and shitposts.
x
Offline 06-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Reply: #13
In all honestly I'm mostly just waiting for the game stuff to get it's explanation. I think the OP got all the questions Hussie should address. It'd be funny just to see what we could come up with on the littler things, like problem sleuth game||hammer.

Champagne, Cocaine, Gasoline - and most things in between!
We're only liars - but we're the best.
sorry for emo-lyric nerding
I told you once and I'll say it again.
Offline 06-07-2016, 01:46 AM
Reply: #14
I think a lot of these things are really unnecessary, and probably would make things worse if he did make things canon. Can you believe how mad the fandom would get if he said something was canon about roles that most people disagreed with? Not to mention all the blogs that would go out of business entirely. Giving an exact definition to something ruins the aspect of interpreting it yourself, and the Homestuck fandom would die out very soon if we were given all the answers straight up. It's much more fun to speculate and have headcanons than for everything to be given to us.

Offline 06-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Reply: #15
(06-07-2016 01:46 AM)monarchBaconator Wrote:  I think a lot of these things are really unnecessary, and probably would make things worse if he did make things canon. Can you believe how mad the fandom would get if he said something was canon about roles that most people disagreed with? Not to mention all the blogs that would go out of business entirely. Giving an exact definition to something ruins the aspect of interpreting it yourself, and the Homestuck fandom would die out very soon if we were given all the answers straight up. It's much more fun to speculate and have headcanons than for everything to be given to us.

I can definitely agree. I will still argue my point on the Mituna thing, because that was so clearly foreshadowed as something that would be a big plot-relevant reveal and a lot of people took it as a Chekhov's Gun that would be acted on later, so it's weird to see it just drop off.

I think I'm less annoyed by questions, and more by forgotten foreshadowing. Dave's promise to bleat like a goat at some point in the future is another, sillier example of this.

But I do, definitely, want us to keep having room for speculation.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 06-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Reply: #16
Other things I could probably add:

-It'd be nice if we got to hear the story behind Scratch's clock. He said the story behind it was a long one and was just about to tell it when insert!Hussie rudely barged in during the "Doctermission".
-JUJUS. Li'l Cal may be the only one whose entire circular timeline was shown but it'd be nice to see the origins of the other important jujus, like the Red and Green Suckers, maybe the cherub shackles (if they are even jujus), and even the crowbar. (Speaking of suckers I hope the Spiral Sucker STAYS in the Nowhere.)

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 06-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Reply: #17
-What even are first guardians. Are they necessary for a viable session? Since Calliope destroyed the green sun, will there be anymore? What was Beforus's first guardian, if it wasn't scratch? Did GCat have his own agenda, but couldn't act on it because of the Condesce?
-What even are horrorterrors. If they really created trolls, why are they out in the void? If the 48 squiddle session was the kind of joke that remained a joke, then where did the horrorterrors come from? I don't really feel the need to know their agenda, but how exactly did Rose and Dave creating the green sun benefit them in any way? They mostly seemed desperate to get rid of Lord English, and they would probably be unaffected by paradoxes and doomed timelines in the void, so why didn't they just royally fuck entire sessions to make sure he was never even created (which they could've easily done with Rose)?
-Likewise with angels. Are they consorts? Unrelated NPCs? A power beyond the game.
-Caliborn and Calliope's parents. Did they even really exist? Was Caliborn an ectobiologist, or was he able to skip that role on account of being in a dead session? If they did exist, how did they get their Juju's? Hell, what do the Jujus even DO???
-Mostly I don't want him to explain everything, but there are way too many unexplained critters running around for comfort.

as far as plot goes, I'd like to see:
-If Lord English is dead or trapped
-What the ghosts are doing now
-What happened to Gamzee (Unless Vriska was mistaken, the blast in Collide couldn't have killed him. The only reason she kept him alive in the fridge is because he was needed for some task crucial to the survival of the timeline, likely raising Caliborn and Calliope, which he wouldn't have had time to do before being captured post-retcon).
-Do the non-godtier players age and die normally for their species? Does Kanaya? Will Dad grow and age normally while his daughter stays eternally young?
-Are the players still learning to use their aspects? Davepeta implied that there was still a lot of growth to be done in that department.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Offline 06-12-2016, 04:29 AM (This reply was last modified: 06-12-2016 04:30 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #18
(06-11-2016 11:33 PM)lord princess Wrote:  Likewise with angels. Are they consorts? Unrelated NPCs? A power beyond the game.

I think they're just to really drill in the Hope-players-are-supposed-to-be-destined-to-fight-LE thing. All of our Hope players have frustrated arcs, each leaving that destiny behind and supposedly passing it on to the next hope player, but after Jake gives it up it's anyone's game.

tl;dr Eridan's angels are cherub foreshadowing, probably.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 06-18-2016, 07:22 AM
Reply: #19
I remember Rose saying something like "Fuck it" about playing the rain :'( I guess we may never know how Playing the Rain will work...

[Image: latest?cb=20150425075115]
Offline 06-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Reply: #20
(06-18-2016 07:22 AM)PathosPluviose Wrote:  I remember Rose saying something like "Fuck it" about playing the rain :'( I guess we may never know how Playing the Rain will work...

I'd imagine it would be much like John and Dave finishing their quests: Playing her violin in just the right way to return life to her planet, most likely to the tune of the rain.

Jaspersprite dropped really big hints to what her quest was an how it fit into the grand scheme of things: She was to understand genetic code and how to decipher it from non-biological sources. In a normal session, this skill would have helped a great deal in creating the genesis frog, but the B1 session had otherworldly help so it didn't really matter whether or not Rose completed her quest, except on a personal level. And even then, Rose learned to mature in other ways.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
x1(list)
x1

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)