Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Hindsight is 20/20
Offline 06-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Reply: #81
RE: Hindsight is 20/20
I'm..... sure this has been noted, and had heard the phrase enough before that I should have picked up on it before now, but there's a reason Rose has got literally purple prose.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 07-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Reply: #82
Mituna, a bee-themed character, is dating a skater who is nicknamed 'Tulip' - a flower.

Offline 07-08-2017, 03:26 AM (This reply was last modified: 07-08-2017 03:42 AM by Ghostsoul.)(Edited by Ghostsoul.)
Reply: #83
Both John and Jane have the name of the 'placeholder' names for someone in the USA when the identity of the person is either unknown or withheld, 'John Doe' and 'Jane Doe'. This is another way they reflect the 'generic' Everyman/women.

x1(list)
x1
Away 07-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Reply: #84
there is a type of file called "List Processing language file" which is shortened to .lsp or .lisp
[Image: 5IVJwb.png]

⌠ ǁ INFP ǁ True Neutral ǁ The Hanging Note ǁ ⌡
[Image: BGEIaB.png][Image: X8hzPF.gif]
SAS
Offline 07-24-2017, 02:18 AM
Reply: #85
I'm not sure if this is even intentional, but the Barcodes that all the Carapacians have look an awful lot like QR codes.

Offline 08-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Reply: #86
I kind of just realized maybe part of the breath aspect has to do with the ability to fix things that are going badly. Not in the same way as light, but sort of more physically and tangibly than that. And also for a more metaphysical definition of "badly." There are things that can break Sburb. We see many of them throughout the comic. I think breath has to do with being able to fix those things. Like, being a breath player makes you the session's on-board debugger. John used the windy thing to get rid of the stardust. Also, when he zaps out of the continuity, he turns into wind (granted, it's not a god tier power).

This video is my theme song and also my spirit animal
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 08-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Reply: #87
Another realization that just hit me just now: Sburb Beta led to a null session, and Sburb Alpha led to a void session. Presumably the implication is that a session of the final release version of Sburb would have been the sort of session to bear fruit naturally.

Offline 08-05-2017, 12:28 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-06-2017 04:53 AM by memedIntoOblivion.)(Edited by memedIntoOblivion.)
Reply: #88
Guys I know I keep posting and no one else is really here but this is a big one.

We learned one of the ways cherubs work is that after some crucial point in early infancy, only one of the two personalities can be awake and outwardly manifested at any given time, while the other is asleep and confined to deep inside the subconscious.

If you call the name of the sleeping personality, that personality will immediately wake up and resurface, instantly repressing the other personality in the process and putting it to sleep.

This plot point turns out to be moot, because by the time the alpha kids think to wake up Calliope by calling her name, Caliborn has already had her dream self killed. Because of the unique duality of the cherub species, a personality's dream self and its waking self are the same individual, since personalities in this species are really just psychological constructs anyway, not separate physical beings with separate brains. Since Calliope is dead, she can't wake up. Her ghost is confined to a dark abyss where she hopes she'll never be found.

Also, cherubs look like skull monsters, and Caliborn's eyes are red.

Give it a minute to sink in.

:o)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)