Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Hindsight is 20/20
Offline 03-22-2017, 04:33 AM
Reply: #61
RE: Hindsight is 20/20
(03-21-2017 11:57 PM)Fubar Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 11:35 PM)hystericaldame Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 07:51 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Terezi is a Seer and she is blind. Sollux's page states "unlike the typical sightless prophet of doom, you are gifted with VISION TWOFOLD"

Kankri is a Seer as well. And he is blind to his team's problems.

While I'm keen of the idea of seers being blind (in a literal sense and metaphorical sense), what is/was Rose blind about? How is Sollux related to this if he's a mage?

Rose willingly turned a blind eye to her in-game role (ignoring her quest on "playing the rain," whatever that means, destroying her Gates etc). And Sollux I think deserves the mention not for being the literal Seer but for mentioning prophets who also go blind.

Oh riiight Rose didn't do her quest and the Sollux thing makes sense!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-25-2017, 08:59 AM
Reply: #62
Gamzee and Kurloz, being alien juggalo cult, use the word "motherfucker" quite often but trolls don't have mothers.
But what if "motherfucking" is a subjuggulator's way of insulting Mother Grub? As if they are trying to say "we are big scary highbloods, we shit on the one who gives us all life herself because we are so tough and scary"?

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Online 03-25-2017, 09:55 AM (This reply was last modified: 03-25-2017 09:56 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #63
(03-25-2017 08:59 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Gamzee and Kurloz, being alien juggalo cult, use the word "motherfucker" quite often but trolls don't have mothers.
But what if "motherfucking" is a subjuggulator's way of insulting Mother Grub? As if they are trying to say "we are big scary highbloods, we shit on the one who gives us all life herself because we are so tough and scary"?

Tbh I like this, but at the same time I feel like they'd have respect for the Mother Grub? Motherfuckin miracle of life and all that.

One of the most hilarious things about Gamzee (imo, as someone who.... does not like Gamzee) is that he has, like, no idea what he's talking about. I don't think he knows how his own fetch modus works? He doesn't know what juggalos are, and he says motherfucking despite having no concept of "mothers" in the traditional sense. (Does Dave ever call him on that, or am I making that up? I only very vaguely remember)

(That said, "spidermom" exists, so "mom" is definitely a female lusus/female troll's lusus term?? Hussie only gave maybe like three-quarters of a fuck about Alternian worldbuilding.)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Away 03-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Reply: #64

[Image: BGEIaB.png]
Offline 04-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Reply: #65
While I STRONGLY doubt there was that much thinking ahead, something caught my eye when rereading Act 6 Intermission 2. When Hussie pulls out the deudly firearms he says "Your reign of terror comes to an end here, on this balcony overlooking an enchanted cliffscape host to innumerable gorgeous stallions. How ironic, that your very demise would be in the proximity of some horses. What? You didn't follow that? Just think it over. Think it over..."

I hope it's just coincidence and that this line wasn't actually foreshadowing that a part of Equius would come to form Lord English. But if it actually was. Then damn that's looking ahead.
Offline 04-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Reply: #66
(04-10-2017 02:36 PM)thelordkipz Wrote:  While I STRONGLY doubt there was that much thinking ahead, something caught my eye when rereading Act 6 Intermission 2. When Hussie pulls out the deudly firearms he says "Your reign of terror comes to an end here, on this balcony overlooking an enchanted cliffscape host to innumerable gorgeous stallions. How ironic, that your very demise would be in the proximity of some horses. What? You didn't follow that? Just think it over. Think it over..."

I hope it's just coincidence and that this line wasn't actually foreshadowing that a part of Equius would come to form Lord English. But if it actually was. Then damn that's looking ahead.

Maybe he thought of the Equius thing later down the line while he's writing Act 6?? :/

muLTIfanDOM TRaSh
OC count: 91 (and counting)

[Image: oTCvtnR.png]
MY AU (Under Rewrites)

I RP with OC's only :)
Offline 04-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Reply: #67
A lot of Homestuck was filled with 'retroactive references', in a sense. Hussie would intentionally place lines like that, and then figure out what they meant later on, I believe.

[Image: tumblr_miasfbiKo31qf31e7o1_400.gif]
"Move and I'll shoot!!
I messed up.
I mean, shoot and I'll move. In a flash."
Offline 04-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Reply: #68
I think that's one of the best parts of Homestuck. You can't tell what he planned or what he retroactively covered because its all so damn seamless that he comes off as either a mad genius or the luckiest writer alive.

Sure you want me?
Offline 04-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Reply: #69
(03-25-2017 09:55 AM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 08:59 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Gamzee and Kurloz, being alien juggalo cult, use the word "motherfucker" quite often but trolls don't have mothers.

Tbh I like this, but at the same time I feel like they'd have respect for the Mother Grub? Motherfuckin miracle of life and all that.

One of the most hilarious things about Gamzee (imo, as someone who.... does not like Gamzee) is that he has, like, no idea what he's talking about. I don't think he knows how his own fetch modus works? He doesn't know what juggalos are, and he says motherfucking despite having no concept of "mothers" in the traditional sense. (Does Dave ever call him on that, or am I making that up? I only very vaguely remember)

(That said, "spidermom" exists, so "mom" is definitely a female lusus/female troll's lusus term?? Hussie only gave maybe like three-quarters of a fuck about Alternian worldbuilding.)

The majority of Gamzee's vocabulary is based off of juggalos, regardless of whether or not he actually knows what a juggalo is. That's his character's 'joke' - shitty juggalo white rapper fan.

As for Kurloz, he just seems intent on being as confusing as possible. I'm pretty sure his sideways method of speaking is the same as Gamzee's - meant to mock the way ICP talks both in their music and on social media.

Offline 05-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Reply: #70
I think I've just realized something. I do believe it's been mentioned before, but...
KIDS = four letters; four-lettered names.
TROLLS = six letters; six-lettered names.
CHERUBIM = eight letters; eight-lettered names.
ANCESTOR = eight letters, eight-lettered names.

[Image: 0EMev84.png]

^ !! my au !! ^
x1(list)
x1

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)