Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Hindsight is 20/20
Offline 08-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Reply: #31
RE: Hindsight is 20/20
All ancestor names have 8 letters when you include their decendant's (or mindfang's) quirk. Psionic becomes ѱiioniic, expatriate become expatri8. The only real exception is the Grand Highblood. The Handmaid had another title that's almost never used, The Demoness. The Condesce had a variety of titles not conforming to the pattern, such as Empress, Batterwitch, and Her Imperious Condescension. The pattern seems to mostly be a coincidence, used only by Mindfang's journal and those who read it, instead of a hard and fast rule.

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Reply: #32
(08-06-2016 05:07 AM)schrodingersKitten Wrote:  All ancestor names have 8 letters when you include their decendant's (or mindfang's) quirk. Psionic becomes ѱiioniic, expatriate become expatri8. The only real exception is the Grand Highblood. The Handmaid had another title that's almost never used, The Demoness. The Condesce had a variety of titles not conforming to the pattern, such as Empress, Batterwitch, and Her Imperious Condescension. The pattern seems to mostly be a coincidence, used only by Mindfang's journal and those who read it, instead of a hard and fast rule.

Another exception - Marquise Spinneret Mindfang. Spinneret has 9 letters, though I wonder if this was a mistake from Hussie more than anything.

Offline 08-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Reply: #33
So Redglare is post-Scratch Seer Of Mind who got killed by MINDfang?

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Online 08-08-2016, 05:51 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-08-2016 05:53 PM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #34
(08-08-2016 04:55 PM)Fubar Wrote:  So Redglare is post-Scratch Seer Of Mind who got killed by MINDfang?

ACTUALLY actually, I have another thing I noticed in hindsight here, and thank you for reminding me:

This connection is actually probably important beyond nifty puns!

Mindfang manipulates minds, and the Knight of Mind (it's *Knight, sorry for the correction) can protect Mind, and therefore her own mind. Mindfang underestimated her, but the dragon wasn't the only thing she had up her sleeve - she was a fully matured Knight of Mind and couldn't be manipulated. She was, very likely, too strong for Mindfang's manipulation. Notice how it was easier for Mindfang to kill her by manipulating a crowd than by manipulating Redglare - even just to get her to hold still. There's never any symbol on her head showing her to be controlled.

I mean, just a theory, but I feel like it all fits well enough. And even a surprise dragon attack doesn't entirely explain how you cut off a skilled empath's arm with almost no contest.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 08-11-2016, 11:11 PM (This reply was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:11 PM by RandomWriter.)(Edited by RandomWriter.)
Reply: #35
There's a good possibility that Terezi's apology when Gamzee told her that she was hurting him wasn't an apology for hurting him. Given the way their kismesissitude went, it's very possible that she was apologizing because she was terrified that he would strike her for it.

At one point, Aranea says that on Alternia, Post-Scratch Kankri/Signless was able to 'tap into' his Seer of Blood powers, allowing him to remember his past life on Beforus. That's right. Kankri was executed by some of the people he once called his friends. No wonder he allegedly became so enraged in his final moments.

Quote:Hoi! -Temmie, upon greeting thee.

[Image: QQXjfM8.png]

Three Entrybound characters. Coming soon!
x1(list)
Offline 10-05-2016, 05:28 AM
Reply: #36
Terezi sucks with her quadrants. Big time. whatever clusterfucks she had with Karkat and Dave, the mess that is her relationship with Vriska and the abusive blackrom with Gamzee.

I guess that's what one gets for having an aspect that opposes Heart.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 10-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Reply: #37
(10-05-2016 05:28 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Terezi sucks with her quadrants. Big time. whatever clusterfucks she had with Karkat and Dave, the mess that is her relationship with Vriska and the abusive blackrom with Gamzee.

actually the heart aspect is pretty shitty when it comes to relationships (see: dirk). Now, I know dirk is a prince of heart, therefore he shadows the mind aspect, aber you have to realise. He is a heart player through and through.

Terezi's inability to keep quadrants was most likely due to the fact that she thought too much about the future, and actually tried too hard. She was falling into a trap about Gamzee (and that really wasn't even her fault) and instead just "blew up" on dave and karkat about it. Maybe John, I think it was Dave or Karkat though. (Remember when she word barfed about it?)
So it really wasn't the fact that she was a mind player that made Terezi fall into a pit of temporary depression, it was the fact that she exploited those powers that came with her classpect. If she hadn't exploited them, then the entire situation with Karkat and Dave would be different.
Gamzee was definitely abusive, and I'm not gonna blame that on her. She got her payback, through Kanaya, yes, but she did get her payback, and she helped save the entire session and MERGE the alpha and beta sessions with the trolls, and the entire mess of whatever the fuck that was.

So, long story short, it wasn't the Mind aspect that made Terezi's relationships fail, it was the fact that she exploited the aspect, which is more of a knight thing to do, but she did it in a seer way.

hopefully i didn't fuck up any of my facts rip

[Image: 22bd7dd9d3dfba56fac908d030d58ac9.png]
Online 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Reply: #38
(10-06-2016 07:19 AM)senecasDemise Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 05:28 AM)Fubar Wrote:  Terezi sucks with her quadrants. Big time. whatever clusterfucks she had with Karkat and Dave, the mess that is her relationship with Vriska and the abusive blackrom with Gamzee.

actually the heart aspect is pretty shitty when it comes to relationships (see: dirk). Now, I know dirk is a prince of heart, therefore he shadows the mind aspect, aber you have to realise. He is a heart player through and through.

Terezi's inability to keep quadrants was most likely due to the fact that she thought too much about the future, and actually tried too hard. She was falling into a trap about Gamzee (and that really wasn't even her fault) and instead just "blew up" on dave and karkat about it. Maybe John, I think it was Dave or Karkat though. (Remember when she word barfed about it?)
So it really wasn't the fact that she was a mind player that made Terezi fall into a pit of temporary depression, it was the fact that she exploited those powers that came with her classpect. If she hadn't exploited them, then the entire situation with Karkat and Dave would be different.
Gamzee was definitely abusive, and I'm not gonna blame that on her. She got her payback, through Kanaya, yes, but she did get her payback, and she helped save the entire session and MERGE the alpha and beta sessions with the trolls, and the entire mess of whatever the fuck that was.

So, long story short, it wasn't the Mind aspect that made Terezi's relationships fail, it was the fact that she exploited the aspect, which is more of a knight thing to do, but she did it in a seer way.

hopefully i didn't fuck up any of my facts rip

(I am not by any means "back" on the forums, so sorry for the extended sudden leave of absence.)

I will make one comment here - I don't think it's fair to say that Heart is a shitty aspect for relationships based on a Prince, who specifically destroys his aspect as his mythical role. That's like saying Hope is the most cynical aspect just because of Eridan. Princes work like that.

We have a few other heart players: Meulin, who can't connect with her aspect bc she's got the same disconnect from her classpect that ALL the dancestors have; the Disciple, who went down in history for, among other things, redefining love itself; and Nepeta, who held the be-all end-all of moirallegiances.

I think I get the commentary about Terezi exploiting her aspect, though. Seers in general tend to be really weird about their aspect, and overestimate how much they can do from their passive role, so that makes a lot of sense. I don't entirely grasp what you're getting at? But that much resonates with me.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Offline 10-07-2016, 12:02 PM (This reply was last modified: 10-07-2016 12:09 PM by ludicrousKnighthood.)(Edited by ludicrousKnighthood.)
Reply: #39
(10-07-2016 10:51 AM)why-am-i-here Wrote:  (I am not by any means "back" on the forums, so sorry for the extended sudden leave of absence.)

I will make one comment here - I don't think it's fair to say that Heart is a shitty aspect for relationships based on a Prince, who specifically destroys his aspect as his mythical role. That's like saying Hope is the most cynical aspect just because of Eridan. Princes work like that.

We have a few other heart players: Meulin, who can't connect with her aspect bc she's got the same disconnect from her classpect that ALL the dancestors have; the Disciple, who went down in history for, among other things, redefining love itself; and Nepeta, who held the be-all end-all of moirallegiances.

I think I get the commentary about Terezi exploiting her aspect, though. Seers in general tend to be really weird about their aspect, and overestimate how much they can do from their passive role, so that makes a lot of sense. I don't entirely grasp what you're getting at? But that much resonates with me.

I apologize on the fact that my tangent didn't all make sense to you.

What I was trying to get at, it's not necessary to blame everything on classpects, and completely ignore the character themself. Yeah, classpect is a basic personality lay out, but they don't always follow that. Remember when Rose rejected her role as the Seer of Light (light = luck and she actually destroyed some luck when she started destroying her land, and all that). So, just because it's a personality layout, it doesn't dictate the player's actions to a T.

So with Terezi, even though she should've been able to use her 'seer of mind' powers to see that none of her quadrants were going to end well, haha she didn't. This contradicts what I said but I mean she like
Exploited the powers to the point where they didn't really make sense.
If that makes sense.
She knew that what she had with Gamzee was wrong and she even admitted to wanting to leave him, but said she couldn't (I believe she said it was because he was as addictive as a drug/sopor slime.) She knew it wouldn't end well but she didn't end it.

So, just because she is a mind player doesn't mean she is going to use her mind powers to dictate her life. And I think that's pretty important, showing that she's independent and will live up to her mistakes and won't fall back on her powers when she's feeling helpless.

I hope that made sense to you rip

[Image: 22bd7dd9d3dfba56fac908d030d58ac9.png]
Offline 10-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Reply: #40
Expanding on the names and numbers thing:

The last names of the kids (Egbert, Harley, Lalonde, Strider) don't seem to have much in common. But, the doofy black-haired kids and the cool blonde-haired kids do share the same number of letters in their surnames: 6 for John and Jade, 7 for Rose and Dave. Add those two numbers together, and you get... of course, 13. Since the number of letters in each of their first names all match up (4), take that number and the total of the surname numbers and you get... 4/13.

Likewise, the trolls' names of course have 6 letters each, both first name and surname, meaning the total number of letters is 12. Individual name letters/total name letters equals, naturally, 6/12.

What does all of this mean? Jack shit, aside from that I put way too much thought into this stuff.

[Image: 23qxgs2.jpg]

Now obnoxious, small, and hard to read!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)