Freshness Rating:
  • 25 Votes - 4.84 Average
Transfusion (Bloodswap AU)/Fosterquest (Kidswap AU) - Alienoid
Offline 06-16-2016, 07:58 PM
Reply: #21
RE: Transfusion (Bloodswap AU)
[Image: 0c5df20a675a437fa73b035f768684b9.png]
Here you are! All twelve trolls sprited. I've also got other misc. forms of the trolls (God Tier robes, alt. outfits, etc.) that I'll post if anybody asks for 'em.

Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 06-16-2016, 08:02 PM (This reply was last modified: 06-16-2016 08:04 PM by turntextGodhead.)(Edited by turntextGodhead.)
Reply: #22
[Image: yt4hXhJ.png]

in all honesty it is I am so delighted ohmygosh these look wonderful and the work you put into this is hecking amazing

[Image: tumblr_inline_nifzpqWWbR1reem51.png]
Offline 06-17-2016, 01:03 AM
Reply: #23
THIS IS THE FIRST TAVROS IVE EVER LIKED LOOK AT HIM

[Image: 44a88c54-51d0-11e6-b7da-a10f34608294.gif]
Pictured above: The Grandest Quest by RandDandyDad

Spacelocked:

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=17913
Offline 06-17-2016, 03:38 AM
Reply: #24
Those sprites are wonderful :o

Offline 06-17-2016, 05:19 AM (This reply was last modified: 05-03-2017 08:01 PM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #25
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm really glad you guys like them! I've got some God Tier sprites here.

[Image: gf3Z4fX.png]

Offline 06-17-2016, 06:48 PM (This reply was last modified: 01-06-2017 04:53 PM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #26
Okay, not another art post, but rather, a topic of discussion about the topic of lusii. In the first post of the thread, I mentioned that all the trolls would not be keeping their lusii, but rather, they would receive lusii that are respective to their blood colour. For characters like Kanaya, that made sense, considering the fact that she's web-based. However, it does fall apart a little for, say, Terezi, who is still a dragon enthusiast despite her cat lusus. So, there was a solution. Not to swap the lusii, as that would mean Kanaya still wouldn't make a lot of sense (not to mention a seadwelling goatdad for Gamzee probably wouldn't make much sense considering he's a mutant blood, living by the coast would basically be suicide), but to instead change the lusii all together. Some more drastically than others.

While I recognise that the main point of a bloodswap is to trade the blood colours between characters to see how differently their social status and personalities and appearances change, I have sort of written myself into a corner here with clashing contradictions when it comes to how I've created these characters. Terezi's dragon nature vs. Kanaya's spider nature. Thus, I'll take a little bit of a liberty here.

So with that, I'll run down a brief draft of ideas the two of us came up with! These are definitely more than subject to change.

Gamzee's Lusus
Who remembers the Three Billy Goats Gruff? For those who don't know and are too lazy to research it, the main gist is that three goats want to cross over a bridge with a troll living underneath it. Gamzee's mutant status has left him without a home, so his 'hive' consists of the underside of a bridge with his gruff goat dad as a protector. Not just an ordinary goat but probably a goat with some form of mythical modifications that I'll have to work out later.

The second idea was to combine the goat with the bridge to make a bridge goat, though I still need to put some thought into how to make this one work sensibly.

Vriska's Lusus
Vriska doesn't exactly get to have a spider lusus anymore, which can be good and bad, depending on how you look at it. Instead, Vriska gets what else but a scorpion! A scorpion with eight tails. Eight pincer stingy little tail bastards that all have minds of their own. Think Medusa's hair, but on her butt and also they'll stab people. In comparison to Spidermom, Scorpionmom is quite a bit smaller, about the size of a lion manehunter. Still a force to be reckoned with.

Eridan's Lusus
Eridan's lusus is now a land horse instead of a sea horse, a powerful foe that strikes fear into the hearts of all those who aren't currently riding him. And when he whinnies it sounds like a bugle. You know the one.

Equius' Lusus
Equius' lusus is now a unicorn instead of a centaur. Granted, troll unicorns are quite a bit deadlier and less majestic than the inferior Earth counterparts, but it's still a skinny horse with a cone on its head. Just with razor sharp wings and a spiky back.
Nope. Now, Equius' lusus is an archer bat, with wings made of bows and tailfeathers made of arrows. Lots and lots of arrows come out of that thing, it's shedding them all the time.

Terezi's Lusus
Cat-dragon. A cat-dragon serves as Terezi's lusus, a very deadly creature known for its hunting capabilities. Obviously the dragon part was Terezi's favourite part.

Feferi's Lusus
Feferi's lusus is now the Mother Grub. She's the jadeblood after all, its in her nature. Nothing more to comment on here.

Sollux's Lusus
Sollux's lusus is still in an egg, yet to hatch, though this egg is a little bit strange. As in, it has a smaller egg-shaped lump sticking out of its side. Siamese egg twins that have yet to hatch a bicyclops. Sollux leaves messages for it to find in the future, and uses his vision twofold to communicate with it from way back in the past.

Kanaya's Lusus
Kanaya, instead of having a giant spider, instead has a gigantic silk worm that lives in her little nest high above her hive. It still produces silk for all the food Kanaya gives her, it's just that she's a giant, mutant worm that will absolutely terrorise anybody that steps near it. Have you SEEN worms under microscopes?

Tavros' Lusus
From tiny to massive, Tavros has a minotaur butler with comically tiny fairy wings. Despite his hulking nature, he has the softest heart imaginable, even softer than Tavros'.

Karkat's Lusus
Karkat lives on the coastline, so say goodbye to Crabdad and say hello to Lobsterdad. Even more of an aquatic crustacean.

Nepeta's Lusus
Nepeta's lusus is basically a white version of Vaporeon. Not a copy, of course, but a four-legged cat-sort of thing with a frilly mermaid tail and a neck frill whatsit. Fins, too.

Aradia's Lusus
Aradia's ram lusus has a rather large change. It is now the ram that is the emissary of the horrorterrors, and as such, it's gigantic and is also a mess of tentacles. It's so gigantic that it lives in a spacious underwater volcano, and only its tendrils have ever been spotted. Its more than satanic descriptions have spawned a little bit of a quiet cult among seadwellers, much to Aradia's confusion. Because, you know, rams and Hell go together. Satanic horns and such. That sort of thing.

Of course please suggest anything you think would fit better, any criticism, praise, et cetera. I'm definitely new to the whole bloodswap scene so I really want to know what the general syllabus here is!

Offline 06-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Reply: #27
awesome ideas!

Kanaya's lusus is my personal favourite, I think it suits really well and is terrifyingly rad to boot. :D

[Image: tumblr_inline_nifzpqWWbR1reem51.png]
Offline 06-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Reply: #28
I'm giving brownblood Cronus suspenders.

That's all for this update.

Offline 07-20-2016, 02:32 AM
Reply: #29
Ok but how did you make the transfusion banner?
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 07-20-2016, 05:10 AM (This reply was last modified: 05-05-2017 04:31 PM by Alienoid.)(Edited by Alienoid.)
Reply: #30
[Image: UP0uHHB.png]
Thank you, Paint.net.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)