Freshness Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Broadway Homestuck Casting Call!
Offline 04-21-2016, 07:15 AM (This reply was last modified: 09-24-2017 02:11 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #1
Star Broadway Homestuck Casting Call!
Calling all Homestuck VAs!

As you might be aware, for the past few months I've had the wonderful opportunity of writing for Broadwaytier, a young but growing broadway homestuck project. You may also know us through "Sisters" which I've shared here before, through our Youtube channel, or through any of our completed tracks.

Like I said, we're young, but we're always looking to expand, and that's why I'm pleased to announce that auditions are open. So here I call upon all of our MSPARP Forums resident-talent to show us what you've got!

How can I audition?

Wow, good question, hypothetical reader! These rules are all also available at http://broadwaytier.tumblr.com/audition

For everyone, please include:
  • Your name/alias
  • Your age
  • Your tumblr url, if applicable
  • Your skype
Singer requirements:
  • Include all of the identification info listed above.
  • You may audition for whomever you want, but can only be cast in two roles total.
  • Send us a one minute minimum audio clip of you speaking in character.
  • Send us a one minute minimum audio clip of you singing in character.
    • This can be a capella or with a backing track.
    • Your song can be from a broadway musical, but any song will do.
    • If you're having trouble finding an appropriate song for your character, check here for some suggestions!
  • Send your audition to our submit box, or to broadwaytier@gmail.com
  • Audio may be linked via soundcloud, tindeck, tumblr, dropbox, or similar platforms, but we will not be accepting vocaroo.
  • If your audio is attached to an email, please make sure it's in MP3 or WAV format.
Lyricist requirements:
  • Include all of the identification info listed above.
  • Send your audition to our submit box.
  • Send us two or three parodies you've written. Please name the original song so we know what we're looking at!

We usually wait until we have 3 auditions for a character until we cast. In certain cases, we will do a review at the end of the month and cast someone as a character, but only if they have one audition. The current number of auditions for each character can be found here.

Available characters under the cut:

And that's it! We're excited to hear from you, and can't wait for your help in bringing back Broadway Homestuck.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Reply: #2
RE: Broadway Homestuck Casting Call!
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! I'm both so stoked for this and so upset because I don't really have much of a singing voice at all! >o< Man, I wish this the best of luck and if ever I'm able to record something that isn't trash I'll see about submitting... in the meantime, I'll take a look at lyricist :3

Sure you want me?
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-21-2016, 07:43 AM
Reply: #3
(04-21-2016 07:41 AM)Haruhi Suzumiya Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! I'm both so stoked for this and so upset because I don't really have much of a singing voice at all! >o< Man, I wish this the best of luck and if ever I'm able to record something that isn't trash I'll see about submitting... in the meantime, I'll take a look at lyricist :3

Thank you! And I wish you the best of luck should you end up going out for a lyricist role, it would be awesome to work with you.

As for singing, I'm willing to bet you're underestimating yourself, but whatever you prefer! If you find yourself wanting to give it a shot, we're around. (And hey, worst case scenario, you don't get the part and live to sing another day.)

Offline 04-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Reply: #4
Omg this seems super fun! And Something I've always wanted to start; but never really knew how!
I look forward to an audition and forward to seeing how it grows for you guys :D

[Image: A5fUUQg.png]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM
Reply: #5
(04-21-2016 07:56 AM)Smol Sinnamon Roll Wrote:  Omg this seems super fun! And Something I've always wanted to start; but never really knew how!
I look forward to an audition and forward to seeing how it grows for you guys :D

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you, myself.

Offline 04-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Reply: #6
Quick question. Is there any sort of age limit on this? As in, 'you must be this old to apply'?

[Image: tumblr_miasfbiKo31qf31e7o1_400.gif]
"Move and I'll shoot!!
I messed up.
I mean, shoot and I'll move. In a flash."
Offline 04-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Reply: #7
(04-21-2016 08:26 AM)TheAlmightyKojak Wrote:  Quick question. Is there any sort of age limit on this? As in, 'you must be this old to apply'?

From a mod: No, just skill and appropriate voice, that's really all that's needed. Mic quality would be nice too. (But, from me, do try no matter what mic you have access to; we can decide for ourselves whether or not that's a problem and imo, unless there's a huge issue, it's always best to give it a shot.)

Offline 04-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Reply: #8
Just a question. Would Creep by Radiohead sound like a good song for Eridan?

[Image: Screenshot_2016_05_23_11_04_27_1.png]

MY FANVENTURE! Check it out:
AGAINST ALL ODDS
Offline 04-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Reply: #9
(04-21-2016 09:30 AM)Anaxeris Wrote:  Just a question. Would Creep by Radiohead sound like a good song for Eridan?

Ooooooh, I hadn't heard it much before, but listening now I can see it!

Offline 04-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Reply: #10
One more question. What is the deadline for turning in auditions? I don't want to put mine in late!

[Image: tumblr_miasfbiKo31qf31e7o1_400.gif]
"Move and I'll shoot!!
I messed up.
I mean, shoot and I'll move. In a flash."

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)