Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Can I Hear a Collective 'WTF'???
Offline 04-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Reply: #51
RE: Can I Hear a Collective 'WTF'???
Albeit confusing but it kind of makes sense in a weird sort of way.
- During the animation (I believe it was at 4:29) LE's eyes switch from the alternating cue balls to eight balls, which, to anyone who plays pool, signifies the 'end' of the game.
- With both the monarchs of both prospit and derse dead and the rings destroyed, all the conditions of the new universe were met. This allowed the Genesis Frog to bear a new universe and a new session therefore replacing the empty battlefield.
-Alt!Calliope actually made it to godhood, in which becoming the most passive class. Muse quite literally means to inspire, so it wouldn't be unlikely that that is what she is doing in the beginning of the act.
- The Green Sun collapses upon itself creating a massive black hole, or a gentle singularity. The death of the Green Sun drains LE of what power he gained from it, leaving him vulnerable. Unsure of whether or not this affect Jade as well.
- Caliborn was given a choice after he defeated his denizen, become all powerful and live, or die and ensure peace. He chose to become all powerful (no surprise there) which is shown as he destroys his clock, and inevitably become Lord English.
- Vriska and what is left of the ghost army confront LE with the other Choice.
[ just some speculation on my part but remember the 'treasure' John and the little group found? The little piece that allowed John to teleport through time in their universe? What is that was part of the other choice, like influence over the new universe after death. It would explain how Alt!Calliope got around. On another note the place where they found it looked exactly like the place Caliborn made his Choice.
-Complete theory here, but the box Vriska had could be a bigger version of that]
- Anyway back on track, The MAYO R finally got to become an ACTUAL MAYOR (you go little dude) of an ACTUAL CAN TOWN. Which kind of breaches the subject on how carapacians reproduce.
- Dave uses his power of time to advance the new planet to a habitable point in its timeline so that they can actually live there.
- The kids (beta, alpha, and trolls) end up in a new universe on a new planet. It is shown that society advances there, from planning, to shantys, to cities. I honestly don't know if they just build really fast, or if the kids are immortal(non godtier trolls, too) or if it's just Dave's time shenanigans. The world may never know.
- Lord English is either killed by the black hole, or he himself MAKES the other choice, and choses death.
I would appreciate if you people would let me know if you agree w/ any of this, Because most of this is just theory and I need emotional support right now because I have no idea what to do with my life anymore.

But I think that this will solve most problems
Hussie said that Homestuck was just a warm up for something bigger

Have a nice day!
x1(list)
x1
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 04-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Reply: #52
Well. That sure was... something. I guess. What now?

'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
It's a sword. said the Hogfather. They're not meant to be safe.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
It's educational.
'What if she cuts herself?'
That will be an important lesson.
Offline 04-13-2016, 09:31 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 09:32 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #53
@TP
I agree with most of the parts. Good on noticing the 8-balls in his eyes. Also, we can see fear, or at least hesitation on his face when Vriska unleashes a weapon, before the animation cuts back to Caliborn, his younger self.

Here is a side note and a sad realization, however.
Kids are god tiered alright. Trolls are not. They lack conditional immortality. And while Terezi and kanaya will live more than humans usually do (Olive is the first caste to exceed human lifespan and they both are higher) they will, eventually, die.

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark.
What could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably
Such is our fate.

Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin

A Victory Guaranteed
Offline 04-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Reply: #54
The double 8-balls for eyes has only been seen once before -- when Hussie threw the White Magnum at Lord English shortly before being gunned down c/o the Golden Cuestaff. But other than that it was more than apt, since in the game of eight-ball, the 8 is the very last ball you sink.

Suddenly Vriska being the one to confront Lord English seems rather apt considering her fondness for eights and 8-balls... hang on, does this mean she got sucked into the black hole ("sinking" the "8-ball")?

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Away 04-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Reply: #55
I think whenever John touched the doorknob, everyone in the session (alive) was transported. Not just anyone near the door.

Just my opinion, it's probably wrong, knowing Hussie.
Offline 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Reply: #56
[Image: screen_shot_2016_04_13_at_8_09_32_pm_by_...9yvobw.png]
This is our only hope ;-;

why do i go to school
thx starlitEnchantress for the talksprite(s)!
Offline 04-13-2016, 10:15 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 10:18 PM by nobleRadi8ion.)(Edited by nobleRadi8ion.)
Reply: #57
Another thing I just realized: you know how Hussie called Homestuck a "creation myth about kids in houses"? The montage of universe-making we saw in Act 7 reminded me of Genesis 1 -- some of the events even occur in the same order. The Vast Croak (a.k.a. the Big Bang) is like the first day ("let there be light"), then the montage of B2 Earth seems to sync with two of the others: the receding of the oceans and the appearance of plant life corresponds to the 3rd day, and the appearance of sentient life (carapacians, humans, trolls) corresponds to the 6th.

Bonus point that is unrelated: how could I have missed the Genesis Tadpole entered the Battlefield through the same hole drilled to remove The Tumor? Props to John for excellent planetary surgery.

Offline 04-13-2016, 10:25 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 10:27 PM by Upswing.)(Edited by Upswing.)
Reply: #58
Seriously though, this was very disappointing:

>What about Caliborn's Masterpiece? Weren't the kids supposed to go and fight Caliborn?
>The fight against Lord English was just Vriska opening the chest, summoning the House juju. Why didn't the Kids (you know, the actual main characters?) fight him? Why was the battle so short?
>Where was everyone else?
>Why didn't the Battlefield have the weird fractal stuff around it?
>Where were the jokes, the callbacks, the weird meta stuff? The ending was just so normal

The ending was nothing but a beautiful failure.

'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
It's a sword. said the Hogfather. They're not meant to be safe.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
It's educational.
'What if she cuts herself?'
That will be an important lesson.
Offline 04-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Reply: #59
Say what you want about Act 7 but it has some nice stuff, namely looks like neither Condesce, nor LE and not even some leftover Jacks have ruined the happy endding.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 04-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Reply: #60
Let's see if we can't piece together a semblance of some solution to the above points.

1. Do they still get to keep their powers after entering their new universe? If they do there's no reason why the Kids vs Caliborn showdown can't happen *after* they've entered. If not then it has to happen right after the fadeout, presumably because someone had a DRAMATIC REALIZATION.
2. This had better be answered by the epilogue, because that was supposed to be a thing.
3. Hopefully the black hole only had a limited range (limited to the area enclosed by the cracks Lord English left), so some of the dream bubbles (containing the ghosts who DIDN'T join the ghost army -- the ones from Terezi: Remem8er) should be intact.
4. The easiest question to answer: Jade didn't take the Mobius Net with her when she shrank down the Battlefield in [S] Cascade. It may not have been necessary, perhaps there was an internal change when the Battlefield went from Tier 3 to tier 4.
5. Your guess is as good as mine.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)