Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Can I Hear a Collective 'WTF'???
Offline 04-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Reply: #41
RE: Can I Hear a Collective 'WTF'???
That would explain how he got there in the first place. I seriously did not think of that until i saw this.

I Am Power's Origin.

Part 1|Part 2|Part 3
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Away 04-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Reply: #42
Part of me is glad this webcomic is finally ending, despite all the good memories, excellent media and great friends it's brought me. The ending of the webcomic itself gives me closure. I'm happy these kids got their happy ending and that Cantopia became a reality. They fucking deserve it. The final animation was cool and the music was fitting as well.

But, I will say the closure in terms of the webcomic's content and storyline, is seriously lacking. Severely, even! The cherubstuff makes sense, but, We never really got to see what happened to the rest of the main characters and there was a disturbing lack of Terezi in the flash. Like, I'm legit mad that my favorite chalk-eater was barely present. Not to mention, she looked kinda glum and was acting kinda standoffish after the fight that took place during [S]Collide. Here's to hoping the Epilogue will give use some true closure. Whenever the hell that comes out.

Don't tell my mom I like homestuck.
Offline 04-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Reply: #43
This is a helpful thing.

[Image: kdWS62f.gif]
x1(list)
x1
Offline 04-13-2016, 05:30 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 05:30 PM by Fubar.)(Edited by Fubar.)
Reply: #44
The only thing that makes me feel disappointed is the fact that 4,1 and 3 are numbers of blind prophets and yet there's still no explanation on that, troll-in-Universe-wise.

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 04-13-2016, 06:37 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 06:40 PM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #45
This is an answer from Hussie's old forumspring. It should help with your question a bit.

As I explained in a previous post, a lot of what Andrew puts in his story is improvised, or done to look 'cool'. The blind prophet's numbers are a call back to 4/13, and link to Terezi because she is A.) Blind. B.) Is a 'prophet' of sorts, when it comes down to her mind powers, and being able to see future consequences.

I think it's more so a matter of being cool, versus being a practical thing.

Offline 04-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Reply: #46
The "seemingly dull ending with promise of an epilogue" is not exactly a bait-and-switch Hussie hasn't used before actually. This is the same way Problem Sleuth, Homestuck's predecessor, ended -- the epilogue came out a week after the formal ending and tied up a whole lot of loose ends.

Granted, pulling a tactic like this probably will take more time -- HOW MANY loose ends does Homestuck have?

ello all! my major muses: Jake, dave, alpha bro.
member of the jake english protection squad.
Offline 04-13-2016, 06:45 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-13-2016 06:45 PM by Void.)(Edited by Void.)
Reply: #47
(04-13-2016 06:41 PM)nobleRadi8ion Wrote:  The "seemingly dull ending with promise of an epilogue" is not exactly a bait-and-switch Hussie hasn't used before actually. This is the same way Problem Sleuth, Homestuck's predecessor, ended -- the epilogue came out a week after the formal ending and tied up a whole lot of loose ends.

Granted, pulling a tactic like this probably will take more time -- HOW MANY loose ends does Homestuck have?

All of the loose ends. ALLLLLLLL OF THEM.
So many. Too many. There was no way a 9 min. animation was going to show it all, when we got five minutes of a frog growing, propagating, and promptly exploding.

(Even if it was pretty.)

Offline 04-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Reply: #48
Homosuck started with sprites1, then became manga2 before turning into a claymation3.

Homestuck started with sprites and ended as anime. Will the epilogue be in claymation?!

1. Terrible ones
2. See above
3. Well, Gamzee was recognizeable

My fan adventures:

Troll Jailbreak

Trolls but no SGRUB

A kid in some strange world
Offline 04-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Reply: #49
I can't say I'm too surprised.
x1(list)
Offline 04-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Reply: #50
Albeit confusing but it kind of makes sense in a weird sort of way.
- During the animation (I believe it was at 4:29) LE's eyes switch from the alternating cue balls to eight balls, which, to anyone who plays pool, signifies the 'end' of the game.
- With both the monarchs of both prospit and derse dead and the rings destroyed, all the conditions of the new universe were met. This allowed the Genesis Frog to bear a new universe and a new session therefore replacing the empty battlefield.
-Alt!Calliope actually made it to godhood, in which becoming the most passive class. Muse quite literally means to inspire, so it wouldn't be unlikely that that is what she is doing in the beginning of the act.
- The Green Sun collapses upon itself creating a massive black hole, or a gentle singularity. The death of the Green Sun drains LE of what power he gained from it, leaving him vulnerable. Unsure of whether or not this affect Jade as well.
- Caliborn was given a choice after he defeated his denizen, become all powerful and live, or die and ensure peace. He chose to become all powerful (no surprise there) which is shown as he destroys his clock, and inevitably become Lord English.
- Vriska and what is left of the ghost army confront LE with the other Choice.
[ just some speculation on my part but remember the 'treasure' John and the little group found? The little piece that allowed John to teleport through time in their universe? What is that was part of the other choice, like influence over the new universe after death. It would explain how Alt!Calliope got around. On another note the place where they found it looked exactly like the place Caliborn made his Choice.
-Complete theory here, but the box Vriska had could be a bigger version of that]
- Anyway back on track, The MAYO R finally got to become an ACTUAL MAYOR (you go little dude) of an ACTUAL CAN TOWN. Which kind of breaches the subject on how carapacians reproduce.
- Dave uses his power of time to advance the new planet to a habitable point in its timeline so that they can actually live there.
- The kids (beta, alpha, and trolls) end up in a new universe on a new planet. It is shown that society advances there, from planning, to shantys, to cities. I honestly don't know if they just build really fast, or if the kids are immortal(non godtier trolls, too) or if it's just Dave's time shenanigans. The world may never know.
- Lord English is either killed by the black hole, or he himself MAKES the other choice, and choses death.
I would appreciate if you people would let me know if you agree w/ any of this, Because most of this is just theory and I need emotional support right now because I have no idea what to do with my life anymore.

But I think that this will solve most problems
Hussie said that Homestuck was just a warm up for something bigger

Have a nice day!
x1(list)
x1

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)