Post Reply 
 
Freshness Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.57 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A Victory Guaranteed [Hiatus]
Offline 03-13-2016, 04:05 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 03:12 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #11
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> CC: STRIFE

You do not waste your time on courtly smiles, witty remarks and dancing around. This is your last, no your ONLY chance ever to make what is wrong right again. Without any warning you fire a bolt, crackling with putrid, sickly dark greenish energy, into your opponent's face.

Alas, that is not enough to bring them down. A sparkle of red, a small, tiniest change and the bolt misses the frail being entirely. Nothing in their expression changes. At least for one beat of a heart. And then - a short, quiet sigh. If this place wasn't so dead and devoid of sound, you would have never heard it


You scoff. In terms of battle prowess you are superior, the hard part was getting this slime in here and not the fight itself. So there is only one explanation why even now CT is so absolutely calm and collected. And that is...

> Because you are dead, no matter what
> Because they want you to win
> Because this is an ambush
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 04:14 PM (This reply was last modified: 03-13-2016 04:15 PM by morbidlyOblivious.)(Edited by morbidlyOblivious.)
Reply: #12
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> bc they Stone Cold Do Not Give A Fuck
> also yeah they probably have something up their sleeve
> watch out [name redacted woops]

> MO: Warn for fanventure spoilers in links 1 and 3.
[ 1 | 2 | 3 ]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 04:42 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 03:12 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #13
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> Because they Stone Cold Do Not Give A Fuck. Also yeah they probably have something up their sleeve

Well, that goes without saying. You know your SECOND-IN-COMMAND more than anyone else and you know how much of a treacherous snake they are. A clever, insidious snake with ice-cold blood. But what is exactly was their plan? An ambush? A lure to distract? The possibilities run through your mind, tiny, tiny lightnings, forming into one huge realization. A grim, yet absolutely simple in foresight answer:

You are going to die here. And CT saw it.

You will not go without fighting though, and this conniving bastard should know better. Another barrage of bolts, none hit the target. Useless, with their power your opponent has more than enough time to enact whatever vicious scheme. TIME is all they have, how most ironic. A sudden burst of sharp pain. Everything goes red for a moment, a stab, in the back. You clench your teeth, not from pain, but from sheer grief: only one of the survivors would be able to crouch on you. You fall on the floor, looking at your blood dripping on the dusty mural, a quiet sound, muffled by the ringing in the ears, a voice. So distant now.

You cannot hear it anymore. Red continues to drop down. The only sound you hear is of your life, drifting it's soothing tones.
Drip drip drip drip...

Until you cannot hear even these sounds anymore, but you do not worry about it. You are too busy being DEAD now.

This character is no longer available until any further notice.
Who would you want to be now?

> Be conflictThreshold
> Be unknown assailant
> Be someone else?
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Reply: #14
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> be the assbag thta killed my Fucking Child

> MO: Warn for fanventure spoilers in links 1 and 3.
[ 1 | 2 | 3 ]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 06:04 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 03:12 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #15
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> Be the Assbag Killer

You are now ASSBAG KILLER, and while this name is totally VALID, it is not your name. You have a whole variety of interests most of which include...

Waith a second, this is not time nor place for the introductions! You will get your proper introductions along with everyone else of your kind LATER. One day. You are not happy about it. After all, you are VASTLY important character and you scored first kill in the narrative just now. You feel pretty darn good about it too. You never liked your LEADER: too paranoid, always looking for all the flaws and everything. Not willing to do SOMEWHAT DUBIOUS things to achieve a goal. Gosh, you are almost GlAD that you finally put this one to rest.


> Assbag Killer: Retrieve Murder Weapon

You retrieve your instrument of HOLY RETRIBUTION out of the lifeless body, goodness this red looks abnormal. Not necessaraly wrong, but you still wierded out by the color, looks so surreal so strange. Even after so much time in here. Wierd. Well no, not anymore, cause you just killed your leader. And now you will become one. Oh yeah, you will have to consult with your TRUSTY ADVISOR now. After all, without their help you would never be able to achieve this position. You decide that TRUSTY is not a proper term, your advisor just literally betrayed his old boss. Well, won't happen with you, will it?

Most likely it won't. Either way, let's consult

> Assbag Killer: Consult


Well that is just rude. You are the LEADER here, not some sort of lowly advisor. If you say you should celebrate, your inferior must celebrate, no exceptions. You pout your lips a little bit, you are even FUSSY about all that happened. But your advisor is kinda maybe a little bit SEMI-RIGHT. Your holy mission right here is not only to get the place you so rightfully deserve, but also to save everyone and everything, and THE TERMINAL may provide you with just a solution for this plight. You curl your lips looking at the ghoslty figure in front of you. They are as stoic and emotionless as ever, only the light of the screen makes their face unsettling, the blinks make it look as if it shifting in shadows, makes you shiver a little bit. Your advisor is trustworthy, right? They won't attack you, their leader?
It seems as if they await you to say something, quick what will you do?

> GA: Ask about The Terminal
> GA: Ask about The Plan
> GA: Cry about how they must respect you as a leader
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Reply: #16
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> um ga: go fuck yourself

> MO: Warn for fanventure spoilers in links 1 and 3.
[ 1 | 2 | 3 ]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Reply: #17
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> Hear a distant screeching through dimensions of a smol cup

> Cry

[Image: tumblr_nwgd2uqHwK1sg6teeo2_540.gif]

have you read this shit?)



(highlights!
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 07:57 PM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 03:13 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #18
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> GA: Go Fuck Yourself

This is the most RUDE, LEWD and BLASPHEMOUS thing that you have heard in a while. You just shake your head to such a suggestion. Even your GOOD-FOR-NOTHING leader wouldn't dare to say something like that to you. And now since you are in charge here - you will not tolerate any such notion. Besides it would be highly impractical and lead only to more shenanigans. That and your advisor would probably kill you for such thing. They do not like timey shenanigans. They don't like it at all. Try something else, smartass.


> GA: Hear a distant screeching through dimensions of a smol cup

While you are right now stranded on a stray icy planet in the literal middle of nowhere where STRANGE THINGS sometimes happen, you are too busy right now to hear some sort of distant screeching.
In the space no one can hear you scream. That is from "The Alien". You are pretty sure it is from "The Alien". Or would be if you ever watched, or at least learned about that movie. Or if you ever watched any movie at all. Movies are SINFUL.
But the point here is that you do not hear the screeching.

> GA: Cry

That you can do.
You promptly begin to whine at your advisor about how it is absolutely impossible for them to not understand your utter importance. It goes somewhat like this:


You start to feel like your blood is boiling with fanatical FERVOR. God you wish to perfor your divine retribution on this fish-eyed bastard! Ugh, and all this ignoring, just tapping onto the Terminal without care for you. Wait no! You suddenly realize, it is the other way around! They are doing all the dirty work, while you are left to celebrate your victory! Yes, that is it indeed.

Your victory... You suddenly realize how long the shadows all around and how bright the color of that blood. Your weapon feels so heavy now. Why are you trembling? You shake off this feeling, but it doesn't go away completely. What was that? Who knows. You hope this won't affect you in a long run. You are so caught up in this you do not hear your advisor talking for a moment


You hesitate. What shall you do now? You are really nervous, because of the shadows surrounding you and you can always delegate to your advisor. You are a leader though. Choices, choices. You finally come to a leaderly conclusion:

> GA: Boot up the sequence
> CT: Boot up the sequence
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Reply: #19
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> CT: boot up the sequence

[Image: Zb9ZfgY.gif]
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-14-2016, 12:19 AM (This reply was last modified: 04-17-2016 03:13 PM by Salvr.)(Edited by Salvr.)
Reply: #20
RE: A Victory Guaranteed
> CT: Boot up the sequence

You are now CT. You entire body is in absolute anguish, the pain is unbearable, right now the best course of action to relieve this would be to lie down. Unfortunately, you have a pressing matter at hand: a plan that had to be enacted long ago, an execution that took most of your powers. Your new LEADER, who you consider less than competent or stable is talking another spiel of his. He loves spiels. If he ever grew up properly he would have probably haf his own sermon. You have to concentrate, he is talking right now. Sometimes among the pompous and big words some truth and logic blossom. You do not want to miss it.


You nod, staring him down. A weak-minded fool, already broken by his own fears and delusions of grandeur. In the short run he will be a useful replacement - weak, soft, mendable. In the long, unfortunately he will become first nuisance, then - danger. You know that, you have figured the probabilities. He knows that, somehow, too, feels it in his bones, within his being. Feels and the shadows madden him. You current leader runs away, into the blizzard, barely sealing his own suit. You are now alone in the TERMINAL ROOM.

It is booted up, at last. A familiar logo, the one you have seen a lot of time before: a monochromatic white sun with four cardinal rays on the black background. The screen readout gives you this:

Welcome to Paradoxical Intervention Terminal (Light) v 0.5.10

CURRENT STATUS: INACTIVE
OBSERVATION POINT: ______ >● ______
GENETIC SEQUENCE: READY [LOCKED/ADMIN OVERRIDE]
DATE OF OBSERVATION: 05/10/2015 [LOCKED]
SECONDARY SYSTEMS: ACTIVE
CHARGE: 3%

[Warning, current sequence does not comply to the system standarts and may lead to the irreversable damage]
INITIALIZE?
>Y ______ N


It seems that your code still is not sufficient enough to the machine standart, yet unfortunately this is the last resort. Trying to find the inconsistancies now would be too late. It probably would be too late at any given point in time. And with charge being at 3% this is the last attempt. There are other terminals around the planet, scattered in this frozen wasteland. But alas, this is the only sufficient one. The only one that matters.
With that in mind what do you do?

> CT: Press Enter [END PROLOGUE]
> CT: Ponder about...
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Board jump:


User(s) browsing this memo: 2 Guest(s)