Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Two Bee or Not Two Bee - Sollux Captor RP Guide
Offline 02-24-2017, 06:18 AM
Reply: #11
RE: Two Bee or Not Two Bee - Sollux Captor Guide
(02-23-2017 06:54 PM)Trusty McCoolguy Wrote:  Wonderful! I actually feel like I understand Sollux now. Not enough to play him, I don't think, but I understand him, and that is a huge improvement. Thank you. : 3

Not a problem at all, thank you! I guess it's to be expected that one shouldn't be able to play as a character perfectly after just reading one guide, ahah.

Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Reply: #12
[Image: ec81c3d0d2793a41ddcea3d4784113dae77f897a...c19d74.jpg]

Beans: Brb giving blowjobs for my daily nutrition
Offline 02-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Reply: #13
(02-24-2017 09:38 AM)FinTheGloobin Wrote:  
[Image: ec81c3d0d2793a41ddcea3d4784113dae77f897a...c19d74.jpg]

My true goal in life,, accomplished,,,,, lookit that seal,,,,,,,,,,, thank you.

Offline 04-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Reply: #14
RE: Two Bee or Not Two Bee - Sollux Captor RP Guide
This is a really interesting guide! I've been interested in learning to roleplay Sollux lately. Thank you!

Shruggy shrug!

[Image: 9d3ff5f2395541ff167a77e23effbf0e.gif]
Offline 04-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Reply: #15
(04-15-2017 02:16 PM)Jivusa Wrote:  This is a really interesting guide! I've been interested in learning to roleplay Sollux lately. Thank you!

Thank you! Consider me stoked to hear that you read through it, considering its dauntingly sizeable nature.

Offline 04-16-2017, 04:15 AM
Reply: #16
(04-15-2017 02:19 PM)Alienoid Wrote:  
(04-15-2017 02:16 PM)Jivusa Wrote:  This is a really interesting guide! I've been interested in learning to roleplay Sollux lately. Thank you!

Thank you! Consider me stoked to hear that you read through it, considering its dauntingly sizeable nature.

It was definitely interesting to hear all you had to say on the matter!

Shruggy shrug!

[Image: 9d3ff5f2395541ff167a77e23effbf0e.gif]
Offline 04-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Reply: #17
I edited in a very tiny section in the 'What Not To Do' section about Sollux's talkativeness. For those who don't want to hunt it out:

EDIT: So, I was reading Sollux's first pesterlog with Karkat, and I noticed something. I performed a few word counts and found that besides prefixes (TA/CG), Karkat typed a total of 457 words in this log, and Sollux typed 491. Sollux talked more than Karkat. Of course, it's pretty close to a 50/50 split, but this is still absolutely something to keep in mind when you're writing as Sollux.[/edit]

x2(list)
Offline 11-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Reply: #18
Small addition to the "What Not To Do" section! This time about Sollux's self-hatred.

And when people DO play Sollux's self-hatred, it's fairly common for people to play him in a very... Mopey fashion, all tears and disgust and dramatisation of his self-image. Which is... Not really Sollux's style. He's all for the occasional theatric when it's done ironically or sarcastically, but he doesn't cry himself to sleep every day knowing that he's the world's biggest piece of shit. He thinks he is, but he doesn't cry about it.

The best way I like to think about it is treating his self-hatred like he's hating someone else. If you have to ride on the bus to work every day with someone you absolutely DESPISE, you're not going to burst into tears at the thought of how much they suck. You'll be grumpy about it, pissed you're forced to be near them and generally want to avoid interacting with them if you can help it. I highly recommend that approach, because Sollux is also quite prone to turning his self-deprecation into amusing statements. Like, "watch me trip over my own shoelaces and tumble bass-ackwards into the deep end where I will spend forever lamenting, documenting and parodying my own ineptitudinous personality." Get colourful and get creative.

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)