Freshness Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
NSFW does not do this...
Offline 01-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Reply: #1
Bug NSFW does not do this...
I love cherubplay. I do. It's the perfect place when I want to RP, but can't sit down and attend to it.

But, I cannot stand when people post a prompt in the NSFW section that doesn't mention that it was intended as a smutty RP when the prompt itself applies to situational NSFW (e.g. An Equius who was an MMA fighter. Gore/Injury/Blood warning applicable.)

Sometimes, I just don't want to write a paragraph describing how my character is slowly inserting things into your character while they make funny noises. It's just too dismaying to see a great prompt with a great situation and be turned down because I'm not looking to get off while writing. I clearly mark that in all my prompts that aren't inanely sexual or intended to progress to eventual lewd situations. That's what bothers me about the NSFW marking on MSPARP, as well.

Every time, people will automatically equate it to smut, when the point of a prompt referring to a questionable situation isn't always for the character it pertains to getting gangbanged and left there to bleed from their orifices.

[Image: tumblr_ma77iikgxs1reoopoo1_1280.png]
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Reply: #2
RE: NSFW does not do this...
As I like to say, Cherubplay is both a blessing and a curse. It's completely hit or miss. I've had some great experiences and some just downright terrible ones. I'm afraid you're going to run into this a lot, pretty much everywhere. It's stupid, I know, and I dislike it, but the majority of people see NSFW and break their pant zipper's next the second they see a response come in. Just comes with the territory, I think. A couple winners, a whole lot of losers.

Sure you want me?
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 08-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Reply: #3
I know, it's very strange.
Which is why I don't read any NSFW stuff on here, 'cause I rarely know what to expect.

L3T M3 L0V3 Y0U

[Image: tumblr_inline_nvlcdcSzM31ro8rx1_500.gif]
Offline 08-28-2016, 12:42 AM (This reply was last modified: 08-28-2016 12:44 AM by archivalDaeva.)(Edited by archivalDaeva.)
Reply: #4
That kinda thing just pisses me off on so many levels, I mean yes I am up for smut to happen, but you gotta build up to that shit!

Like one time I posted a prompt that was tagged nsfw for helmsman body horror, and a fef connects so I'm like 'sweet, a fef that defeated the empress cause how else would she get into the helmsblock?' and was so psyched for that interaction because story driven angst is A fucking +.

alas, she had seen the nsfw tag and connected in the hopes that I would tentacle rape her. Okay one, why would I do that; two, what makes you think the biowires are prehensile and that helms could control them if they were; and three WHY WOULD I DO THAT
Offline 10-22-2016, 12:29 AM
Reply: #5
(01-22-2016 04:18 PM)Mamzee Wrote:  I love cherubplay. I do. It's the perfect place when I want to RP, but can't sit down and attend to it.

But, I cannot stand when people post a prompt in the NSFW section that doesn't mention that it was intended as a smutty RP when the prompt itself applies to situational NSFW (e.g. An Equius who was an MMA fighter. Gore/Injury/Blood warning applicable.)

Sometimes, I just don't want to write a paragraph describing how my character is slowly inserting things into your character while they make funny noises. It's just too dismaying to see a great prompt with a great situation and be turned down because I'm not looking to get off while writing. I clearly mark that in all my prompts that aren't inanely sexual or intended to progress to eventual lewd situations. That's what bothers me about the NSFW marking on MSPARP, as well.

Every time, people will automatically equate it to smut, when the point of a prompt referring to a questionable situation isn't always for the character it pertains to getting gangbanged and left there to bleed from their orifices.

I agree. Honestly, I think it's bullshit.

Geminis doing homework.
[Image: tumblr_njbt4j3KNK1r9ee9go3_1280.png]

ThisCrush is outdated, so why not use my Sarahah?
AA's Sarahah
Online 10-26-2016, 07:34 AM (This reply was last modified: 10-26-2016 07:38 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #6
(08-21-2016 07:42 AM)LordOfPassion Wrote:  I know, it's very strange.
Which is why I don't read any NSFW stuff on here, 'cause I rarely know what to expect.

Interestingly enough - on Cherubplay and on MSPARP main, "NSFW/E" means "mature content" as in anything a movie could be rated PG-13 or R for: sex, violence, abuse, extremely offensive material, etc., all lumped in the same none-too-convenient label.

But on the forums when you see "NSFW" or "18+," you can definitely expect it to be sexually explicit, or at least to hold sexual themes. The terminology for the other "NSFW/E" stuff that we seem to use here is "requiring a trigger warning," and honestly I wish the MSPARP main site and/or Cherubplay would institute the same system: a SFW/NSFW/NSFWE option, a script/paragraph or prompt/no prompt option, AND an 18+/non-explicit option. Maybe one day.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, by the way! This is the impression I got from my time on the forums.)

(For AGES, I've been aching to put this on the site suggestions memo, but alas - "This is for suggestions for the Forums ONLY. We are not accepting suggestions for MSPARP at this time." But anyway: I feel you, friend, really I do.)

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)