Freshness Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
The Story of the A1 Session - anything and everything about the alpha trolls.
Online 01-02-2016, 07:01 PM (This reply was last modified: 05-08-2016 02:28 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #1
The Story of the A1 Session - anything and everything about the alpha trolls.

[EDIT - Fixed most of the coding! There's still one issue with font color, and I'm working on fixing that asap. In the meantime, I hope that it's not too much of a distraction and that you enjoy the guide nonetheless.]

Edit history:

Whether it be in roleplay, panels, ask blogs, or fanfiction, I tend to see a lot of the same mistakes with the alpha trolls. The biggest? Not understanding their session or their story. There’s a good reason for that – after all, we meet them for only a moment, and Aranea’s explanations aren’t easy to slog through. Even Kankri gives us a few crucial details, and most people skipped or skimmed his dialogue. So it’s reasonable that learning their canon timeline would be difficult. This guide, therefore, is not a guide to their characters so much as a compilation of all of our canon knowledge of their backstory and current situation.

Alright, let’s break this down.

First and foremost: who exactly are they?

DO NOT SKIP THIS SECTION, even if you think you have it down pat. Because this is a huge area of confusion, and the most likely to throw a roleplay out of whack.

Next up – what happened in their session?

Alright, here we go. The MSPA wiki helps, as does Aranea’s info booth, but let’s try to build a timeline of sorts:

Time to talk about Meenah and Damara!

This may seem like a character-specific category, but every alpha troll is going to have an opinion on this mess. I don't have much of a comment except-

Where are they now?

This section covers plot-relevant things that have happened since they died. Again, making a list:

Canon shipping information:

Some of this has been mentioned previously, but I’m just gonna lump it in one place for your convenience.

What was Beforus like?

This is a big one, here we go:

How does their afterlife work?

Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of people tend to conveniently forget that the alpha trolls are dead. What exactly does that mean, in the mspa universe?

Why are there alternate versions of them in the dreambubbles?

Erm.

Miscellaneous Forgotten Facts:

This is where I put everything that doesn't quite fit any other section, or is too minor to put into under category but is still worth knowing.

There. That’s it. I did it. That should be, I hope, everything you need to know about the alpha trolls.

Please correct me if there are any errors, or any important canon facts I’ve left out. Do note that I’ve made a point of not including anything too specific to a single character, because if I did this would turn into twelve roleplay guides when it’s only supposed to be a general alpha troll reference – this is what all alpha trolls should know, but for information more specific to your character of choice, check out character-specific roleplay guides and wiki pages.

A walking choo choo catastrophe striving for horizontal width longening.
aight check it - Broadwaytier's looking for new talent!
Find all replies by this user
Edit this reply Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Reply: #2
RE: The Story of the A1 Session - anything and everything about the alpha trolls.
This was amazing. I took the time to read through it all, and even though I'd already done similar research for RP purposes, I still learned several new things. This is incredibly helpful for people who want to learn the Dancestors and this is just awesome. A+ job, seriously.

[Image: Bro-3.gif]
Sure you want me?
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 01-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Reply: #3
RE: The Story of the A1 Session - anything and everything about the alpha trolls.
I also read through the whole thing, and I'm glad I finally found something to clear everything up. I... have to admit, I didn't pay too much attention to Aranea's speeches (I TRIED!! I REALLY DID.) so I didn't get enough info on these guys.
So thanks. Now I've clarified some stuff, and it was super useful and awesome. 10/10.

[insert inspirational/funny quote here]
Offline 01-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Reply: #4
I could've sworn that Cronus said something about thinking that Kurloz was "creepy", possibly implying a potential Spade but ye. Nice work dude. I actually learned a couple things.

[Image: PML1RdN.gif]
Online 01-03-2016, 10:10 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-03-2016 10:15 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #5
Thank you all! I honestly wasn't sure anyone would read through this, I was worried it might be a bit excessive, but I'm glad to hear it's helpful.

As for As for Cronus Spade Kurloz:

(01-03-2016 09:18 AM)Void Wrote:  I could've sworn that Cronus said something about thinking that Kurloz was "creepy", possibly implying a potential Spade but ye. Nice work dude. I actually learned a couple things.

I tried to stick to ships that are explicitly canonically stated. For example, "Oh, I guess you must not have herd. [Meulin] and I have developed quite a STRONG and stable moirallegiance recently." is included, since it's an overt statement of a relationship. "Even though Latula has 8een dating Mituna steadily for eons, it's hardly a secret to anyone that she and Kankri have had complicated unrequited feelings for even longer" is only included for Mituna and Latula's relationship - the weird feelings between Latula and Kankri are fairly clear, but I didn't feel they qualified for the shipping section.

So that was sort of my reasoning concerning Cronus and Kurloz, but I'm reading through their speech again to see if there's anything there to add!

Also - would you guys like it if I included more shipping information than canon relationships? Crushes, perhaps? I realize the point about everyone supposedly hitting on Rufioh falls into that category somewhat, so I can expand on it. I don't want this to turn into too much of an information overload, and a lot of implied feelings are subject to headcanon, but I can def add a section on at least some of it.

(01-03-2016 07:17 AM)OnceUponAStrider Wrote:  This was amazing. I took the time to read through it all, and even though I'd already done similar research for RP purposes, I still learned several new things. This is incredibly helpful for people who want to learn the Dancestors and this is just awesome. A+ job, seriously.

Also I did thank everyone generally and I hope that everyone knows I appreciate all of the kind comments, but I just have to reply to this separately, it's got to be one of the highest compliments I've ever received. I love these kids a little too much, eheh, so seriously, thank you. And that goes for everyone Heart

Away 01-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Reply: #6
I read it all, and I'd just like to say that this guide just about covers everything, it is incredibly detailed and amazing OwO

Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Online 01-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Reply: #7
(01-03-2016 01:11 PM)spectralArtist Wrote:  I read it all, and I'd just like to say that this guide just about covers everything, it is incredibly detailed and amazing OwO

Thank you!

Offline 01-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Reply: #8
Holy shit! This just cleared up a lot of things that I'd always been a bit uncertain on. Great guide :D

[Image: 05943.gif]
Hey. Did you kill that cute turtle?
NO
But I can see your past trail.
You're standing there holding a gun, and pointing it at the turtle.
OK. THEN YES.
I KILLED THE TURTLE.

Booooooo
Online 01-06-2016, 06:14 AM
Reply: #9
(01-05-2016 11:29 PM)KatsumiM Wrote:  Holy shit! This just cleared up a lot of things that I'd always been a bit uncertain on. Great guide :D

Thanks! Glad to hear it was helpful.

x1(list)
Online 01-12-2016, 09:16 AM (This reply was last modified: 01-12-2016 09:30 AM by why-am-i-here.)(Edited by why-am-i-here.)
Reply: #10
Sorry for bumping this, but I found some important info!

CORRECTIONS MADE:
  • Damara did not kill Rufioh, she paralyzed him from the neck down. I somehow thought that horsebody!Rufioh was a parallel to robot!Aradia, but he's not, he's a parallel to the legs that Equius made for Tavros. (For some inexplicable reason, I got this right in the canon events timeline, but not in the separate Meenah and Damara section.)
  • We definitely know that Damara killed Meenah after paralyzing Rufioh.
  • If Meenah god-tiered after Damara killed her, it was definitely because Aranea carried her to her questbed. However, she may not have god-tiered at that time.

I have no idea how I screwed that up THAT badly when the information is right there, clear and simple. Sorry if I've caused any confusion, and thanks for bearing with me! If you've made the same mistakes I have because of this guide, you are 100% free to blame it on me.

Other things I've looked into: yes, I did check into Cronus's mentions of Kurloz, and found no need to include it, but thank you sincerely for the suggestion! If you would like a section on how the characters perceive each other, let me know and I can see if that's something I can do fairly objectively. Also, let me know if there are any more edits you want me to check out. I'll be rereading all of the Meenahquest logs over the next week or so to check all of my information, but I may fall a tad behind, I'm preparing for an audition and for a new semester so I'll see how that goes time-wise!

Thank you for bearing with me.

x1(list)

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)