Freshness Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.58 Average
Forum Rules: Please read these before using the forum
Offline 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Reply: #11
RE: Forum Rules: Please read these before using the forum
(03-03-2015 04:09 AM)LittleMissAmpora Wrote:  I'm kinda having some confusion on how to post. Like can i make my own board or no? :/

You can make your own thread. Just go to the pertinent section of the forums (read each section's rules first), and then click "New Memo" on the upper/lower right corner of the page. That should take you to the thread creation page.

If you're wondering if you can make your own section on the forums, then no. Only admins can do that.
Find all replies by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Offline 03-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Reply: #12
(01-07-2013 12:35 PM)centaurstesticle Wrote:  Forum Rules

This is a forum for the text-based roleplaying website, MSPARP. Even though the name and formatting suggests that it is designed for Homestuck roleplayers, it is intended as a pan-fandom roleplaying site. As long as you're willing to act as a respectable member of the community, you are welcome here.

Most of the rules are pretty straight-forward. If you break the rules, you may be banned from the forum and from the MSPARP website itself. However, we will take each offense on a case-by-case basis. The length of the ban will also be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

tl;dr version

Bannable Offenses Without Warning
Spamming.
Trolling.

Bannable With 3 Warnings
Harassing other users.'
Shaming other users (particularly in the adult or trigger sections of the website).
Impersonating fantrolls or OCs without the creator's permission.
Falsely accusing other users of breaking the rules or pushing them into doing so because of a personal vendetta.
Bumps or necroposts EXCEPT in the Connections part of the forum.
Going off-topic.

Sub-forum bans
If you are under 18 and post in the NSFW sub-forums, you will be banned from those sub-forums, but not the MSPARP Forums itself.

You are allowed to bump your posts once per day in the Connections section.

We do not have the time or resources to comb threads looking for rulebreakers. We will only act if an offense is reported by other users.

An elaboration on the rules.

Spamming consists of (1) repeatedly copying and pasting text or posting the same thing over and over. (2) Posting non-sensical ads for products or services that have no relation whatsoever to the nature of the website. For example, anything that would likely be filtered as Spam by your e-mail client. We will be particularly stringent in prosecuting those who claim that their product will result in the enhancement of the male genitals.

The definition of trolling according to Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Please keep your trolling to the roleplaying of trolls rather than the bothering of other users.

Harassing other users includes posting negative commentary about them, going out of your way to make insulting, demeaning, or threatening remarks to or about them, or repeatedly interacting with them after they have told you that you make them uncomfortable.

As far as impersonating fantrolls or OCs without permission goes, just don't do it. We will not go out of our way to prevent people from doing this, but if it is reported we will issue warnings and bans if necessary.

If you conspire on your own or with other users to get another user in trouble, expect no mercy. This forum is not a place for the enactment of your personal dramas.

Bumps are posting in a thread to bring it back to the top of a forum's posts. Necroposting is just bumping really old threads. There is no really good reason to bump your post except in the Connections section of the forum where you are allowed to do it once a day.

What?! No trolling on a forum thats mostly based upon troll adventures? Next they'll ban humaning!

(I kid, I kid)
Offline 08-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Reply: #13
may we have group chats that aren't from msparp? like, using kik or chatzy. would that work?

Yes sir, that will cost oH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING

I roleplay as John, Dave, Jake, Dirk, Vriska, and can pull off Eridan.
Visit this user's website Find all replies by this user
Offline 08-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Reply: #14
(08-05-2015 03:39 PM)blueNerd Wrote:  may we have group chats that aren't from msparp? like, using kik or chatzy. would that work?
Alternate connections, there's a board for it o3o

[Image: GoNfHp9.png]
Offline 09-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Reply: #15
Are we allowed to like, make stories and post chunks and stuff on the forums??

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Offline 09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Reply: #16
(09-21-2015 02:20 PM)soundtechParadox Wrote:  Are we allowed to like, make stories and post chunks and stuff on the forums??

There is a section for fiction here, if that's what you meant?
Offline 03-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Reply: #17
Hey! So.. i dont know if im being plain old stupid.. or.. but im trying to get onto the groups 18+ forums page or whatever its called (dont have that tab on me atm) and it says im not 18? but i am?
Away 03-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Reply: #18
Hi! Just wondering if we are allowed to post several replies in a row to the same memo/thread when no one replies? Does it count as spamming even though the info/text is not the same? (I find it quite confusing to understand my own question lol)

me and my life want to screw each other up really bad
thx starlitEnchantress for the talksprite(s)!
Offline 08-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Reply: #19
Okay so,

I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly classifies something as a NSFW(E) rating. Is it just sexual situations? What if you want to post an add for an RP that contains no sexual situations but CAN have things like violence and other adult situations like drug and alcohol abuse?

-SHRIEKS INTO THE ABYSS-

Board jump:

User(s) browsing this memo: 1 Guest(s)