MSPARP Boards
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Printable Version

+- MSPARP Boards (http://forums.msparp.com)
+-- Forum: Roleplay (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Cherubplay (/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+--- Thread: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition (/showthread.php?tid=4950)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - elementalFlyer - 04-25-2016 02:22 PM

the one thing that bugs me is grammar.
i know im sorry,, but when i post a prompt that says 'pleasepleaseplease have good grammar and at least two sentence answers!' and i get somebody who types one sentence and doesn't pay attention to basic spelling i get kinda annoyed ;/

also when somebody connects to my prompt and we talk for a bit but then i say something about their char and they just lEAVE LIKE WTH THANKS FOR NOTHING I WAS ACTUALLY EXCITED

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Chandy Nitram - 04-25-2016 06:14 PM

(04-25-2016 02:22 PM)elementalFlyer Wrote:  the one thing that bugs me is grammar.
i know im sorry,, but when i post a prompt that says 'pleasepleaseplease have good grammar and at least two sentence answers!' and i get somebody who types one sentence and doesn't pay attention to basic spelling i get kinda annoyed ;/

also when somebody connects to my prompt and we talk for a bit but then i say something about their char and they just lEAVE LIKE WTH THANKS FOR NOTHING I WAS ACTUALLY EXCITED

Or, alternatively, those people that leave the moment you make a SINGLE MISTAKE. I re-read a prompt where I realised a single word was AC'd. And since they asked for good grammar and spelling, I'm guessing that's why they quit but I CAN'T BE SURE BECAUSE THEY LEFT WITHOUT A WORD >_<

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Glub - 04-27-2016 01:04 PM

Something that just came up:

When someone takes your NaP, and you have a nice grand ol' time discussing stuff. Then, you write a starter, and they don't talk to you ever again. What. The he C k. I Though t you were UP f OR tHIs ?? ? ?? ??

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - voicelessprospit - 05-02-2016 06:28 AM

Oh man, idk if someone's gone over this already. But when you post a prompt but some d-bag connects just to troll you.
And you c a n t escape it. Everytime you post it after the first incident you worry they'll connect again.
(Ive had the same person connect to my prompt over 5 times after asking them to stop)

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Glub - 05-02-2016 10:11 AM

(05-02-2016 06:28 AM)voicelessprospit Wrote:  Oh man, idk if someone's gone over this already. But when you post a prompt but some d-bag connects just to troll you.
And you c a n t escape it. Everytime you post it after the first incident you worry they'll connect again.
(Ive had the same person connect to my prompt over 5 times after asking them to stop)

Wait, seriously? People do that? I didn't even know it was a thing... Once, sure, but five times? Geez, what a jerk. :/

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - AutomatedTimeshift - 05-07-2016 09:36 AM

Not really grist grinding but annoying nonetheless.

Someone writes a great prompt and is looking for specific characters like betas only, females only, etc.

I reply to the prompt to the best of my abilities with a character that might have good dynamics and potential for the rp at hand, like Jade... Minutes later they respond with something like 'Sorry, I already have a Jade.' And disconnects without another word. They didn't even say they had a jade in the prompt or no Jades.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Glub - 05-09-2016 07:19 AM

I'm pretty sure someone has talked about this already, but just... When you take a prompt, discuss with someone, match their length to a T without any grammar or punctuation errors with a character that you're confident in

And they just. Either disconnect without a word, or never talk to you again. Like... What even.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Trusty McCoolguy - 05-10-2016 04:22 PM

When tirelessly working on a prompt, worrying that it isn't good enough, tweaking it all the time. Someone answers, gasp! Shock, someone likes it! But... no word comes, ever, and it is left sitting to this day...

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - nobleRadi8ion - 05-10-2016 09:22 PM

Airams and TM, I'm starting to worry that's happening to me with one of my NAPs. It's already happened to me with a different prompt and I don't know how worried to be, I've lost so many great RPs and great RPers because of this. :(

Other things that grind my grist:
1. when a prompt/NAP is taken only for the responder to DC without saying anything
2. unannounced DCs (we who are PARPers have enough experience of this on MSPARP thank you very much)
3. being in a different time zone than my partner

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - disruptedExplorer - 05-19-2016 11:09 AM

Oh gosh, I've never even done this kind of roleplay, and I know exactly how all of this feels. and yeah, the worst is when your partner just... never responds again.

What REALLY bugs me, though, is when you're going good, yep, yup, all is happy and exciting, you're roleplaying, you've started, you've got paragraphs upon paragraphs being exchanged, but suddenly their reply is only a single paragraph, but it's okay, they're just busy or distracted, it'll recover, but then they sent two sentences, then one sentence, then a few words. You ask them what's up, and they abuse you and tell you they're bored/tell you it's your fault.

THAT bugs me. And has happened on multiple occasions.