MSPARP Boards
You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Printable Version

+- MSPARP Boards (http://forums.msparp.com)
+-- Forum: Roleplay (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Cherubplay (/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+--- Thread: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition (/showthread.php?tid=4950)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - The Gayest Yam - 03-22-2016 05:56 PM

WHEN YOU'RE READING THE PERFECT PROMPT THAT IS LITERALLY SENT FROM THE HEAVENS BUT EITHER SOMEONE TAKES IT OR THEY DISCONNECT.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - melodicHope - 03-23-2016 11:06 AM

You really wanna know what grinds my grist? When people expect Leijons to be all sweet and shit all the time. When people expect Nepeta to be obsessed with Karkat and shipping. As if Nepeta doesn't give up Karkat because she cares more about her friendship with Terezi than she does about filling her red quadrant. As if Meulin doesn't canonically smoke catnip and gets high, basically like weed. When people say that Nepeta cannot stand up for herself and can't be sassy or strong when she kills beasts five times her size on a regular basis.

People get so stuck in fanon that they ignore what's really there. Nepeta is not a helpless little troll. She's a sassy little huntress and people need to stop disconnecting when I portray her that way.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - OnceUponAStrider - 03-25-2016 10:59 PM

Cherubplay is a lot like Mos Eisley: "Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." There are some truly amazing prompts and roleplayers on there, but the majority of people just really really want to RP their strange fantasies -- which is fine, but they only want certain characters and they only like them portrayed aligning with their headcanon, and it can be very frustrating.

I've seen prompts that only accept characters who act a certain way, and it at least states it... even if the majority involves Neko! or Futa! or primarily M/M Striders and Egberts. It's always nice to see the prompts that very clearly state that they only have an outline for the RP, but are happy to have it go however it naturally will with two strangers.

There definitely needs to be more of those.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - solasSeeker - 04-01-2016 05:45 AM

Sometimes you find a really awesome prompt that just tickles your creativity. You get all kinds of ideas for world-building and the author and you just bounce ideas off each other. And then they stop answering. After saying in the prompt that they wanted someone regular. hm. Ok I think. I'll just wait.

Then as you never get a reply you check less often. Once you don't check for about a week and when you come back the is one unread message.
Awesome.
The person answered a while ago and then wrote again not even a day after. "Look I'm ending this chat. You aren't answering and I specified that I wanted someone who answers regularly."

:^)

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - melodicHope - 04-01-2016 06:07 AM

(04-01-2016 05:45 AM)solasSeeker Wrote:  Sometimes you find a really awesome prompt that just tickles your creativity. You get all kinds of ideas for world-building and the author and you just bounce ideas off each other. And then they stop answering. After saying in the prompt that they wanted someone regular. hm. Ok I think. I'll just wait.

Then as you never get a reply you check less often. Once you don't check for about a week and when you come back the is one unread message.
Awesome.
The person answered a while ago and then wrote again not even a day after. "Look I'm ending this chat. You aren't answering and I specified that I wanted someone who answers regularly."

:^)

I've never had that happen, but I have had people just plain stop answering and then end the chat without a word, which is almost as bad.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - spectralArtist - 04-01-2016 06:39 AM

I forgot what cherubplay is again ;~;

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - Chandy Nitram - 04-04-2016 10:36 PM

(04-01-2016 06:39 AM)spectralArtist Wrote:  I forgot what cherubplay is again ;~;

To simply put, it's is a (mainly but not only) Homestuck paragraph-style roleplay website. You can post prompts with the character(s) you want to play as and the character(s) you want to play with, in any scenarios, and then just hope for an anonymous person to reply.

It's really both convienient and inconvienient for a variety of reasons posted throughout this memo.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - HottestPairOfShadesYouKnow - 04-05-2016 02:17 PM

I was in a Skype group and this was a discussion: people who put up prompts just to gather replies, or don't respond to any of them. See, I had replied to this rather well-written and thought out prompt, only for them to disconnect. Naturally I lamented to them. This brought up the fact that several other of them had done the same, with the same result. Now, I thought this odd since we had a wide variety between us character and style-wise.

So, either they were incredibly picky or they just wanted to gather replies. Both options rather upset me.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - OnceUponAStrider - 04-07-2016 04:56 AM

When you and whoever posted the prompt are really getting down to business, connecting on a spiritual level, and then outta nowhere you find the same prompt up in the main area like, "already taken, re-posting for variety".

Like, is there any time that doesn't make you feel like you're not good enough even a little bit? Like I get where they're coming from, but damn. That's still a bleh feeling.

RE: You Wanna Know What Grinds My Grist?: Cherubplay Edition - melodicHope - 04-15-2016 08:46 AM

(04-07-2016 04:56 AM)Haruhi Suzumiya Wrote:  When you and whoever posted the prompt are really getting down to business, connecting on a spiritual level, and then outta nowhere you find the same prompt up in the main area like, "already taken, re-posting for variety".

Like, is there any time that doesn't make you feel like you're not good enough even a little bit? Like I get where they're coming from, but damn. That's still a bleh feeling.

Well, I do that too, but it's really a repost for variety thing. I want to see how many different directions my prompts can go. It's not you, it's just that the prompt poster wants to see multiple versions.