MSPARP Boards

Full Version: How to roleplay Nepeta Leijon. :33
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Well, here goes nothing. Nepeta was my first muse, and the one I'm most experienced at roleplaying at. And I'm glad to be the 3rd person to write a roleplaying guide for her!

[Image: tumblr_mi10tuwJg91r9ee9go1_500.png]
(credits to the wonderful and lovely ikimaru. :33)

Personality, or should I say, Purrsonality? :PP

Nepeta is generally a very cheery and upbeat troll. She is often portrayed incorrectly by the fandom, most people seeing her as just a childish troll who will do ANYTHING for Karkat, and cry if anything gets in her way.

No. Just, NO.

Although Nepeta DOES have a crush on Karkat, that isn't all there is to her purrsonality. We'll get more on their relationship later. Anyways, Nepeta is a troll who gets along with most people, and she is generally very friendly and nice to everyone. It should be noted, however, that Nepeta is able to take things seriously, she knows when something is up and she isn't stupid, just naive at times. She starts off most of her daily encounters with everyone very bubbly and happy, similar to Feferi. Most of these encounters will start by roleplaying, which we'll get to later. Now, Nepeta can also be a bit rude and become frustrated. This tends to happen if the person she's talking to keeps refusing her ideals, like roleplaying or something she thinks to be true. This also happens if the person she's talking to is a bit rude!

:33 < i s33 right through your stupid act, who are you trying to kid!
and
why do you do this, why are you so confurdent about your stupid commands? dont you know you cant ACTUALLY tell me what to do??
illustrate this point. Both of these quotes come from when Equius refused Nepeta's asks to be on the Red team.

While Nepeta can be rude at times, she has high hopes for everyone, and doesn't hold grudges for long, whoever it is. This can be seen in a fairly recent update, regarding how Eridan used to hit on her, which Nepeta found creepy:

NEPETASPRITE: :33 < hes dead?
JASPROSESPRITE^2: Yes.
NEPETASPRITE: :33 < gosh
NEPETASPRITE: :33 < i mean... he could be kind of a jerk sometimes but that is still a shame :((

Nepeta is many things, including a shipper, a huntress, a roleplayer, and a great moirail. Please don't limit her personality to only 1 of these things! :((

Typing Quirk! :33

So now that you know more about Nepeta, let's learn about the basics you need to know to imitate her! Her typing quirk consists of several things, including these:
  • Her hex code is #416600, which is also her blood color.
  • Nepeta's prefix is ":33 <" It is not: ":33<"!!!
  • Nepeta replaces all "ee"'s with "33".
  • In msparp, her typing style is "adaptive lower".
  • That being said, she types in all lowercase, but if a word needs to be EMPHASIZED, she does that in ALL CAPS.
  • Nepeta uses question marks (?) and exclamation points (!), but not periods (.), apostrophes (') or commas (,). She's used multiple exclamation points and question marks in canon. If she ever needs to use ellipses (...), she does so, that's the only exception for periods.

For example, this is incorrect:
    well, I guess so! Equius's hive is so far away though. XOO

This, however, is correct:
    well
    :33 < i guess so!
    :33 < equiuses hive is so far away though XOO
  • Notice how Nepeta said "equiuses" and not "equiuss?" Well she puts an e if needed, such as "solluxes".
  • One of the more famous aspects of her quirk is her catpuns! She uses them, but not excessively. For example, she says "for" and not "fur" sometimes in canon!

*ac begs your pardon while she rips apart this tasty beast to prepare a meal for her cubs*
  • Nepeta likes using emoticons at the end of her messages. The typical mouth of an emoticon is doubled, which resembles her double-mouthed lusus, Pounce de Leon. Some emoticons used in canon includes:

:33, :OO, XOO, XPO, B33, :((, :cc, :CC, :DD
    (When typing a heart, she uses 2 3's. <33)
  • Nepeta rarely changes her prefix, only when she feels very strong about a certain emotion.
    XPO < bllllraaaaaawwwwwlllllrrrrghgghghgh
    However, I did say rarely. She doesn't change it every time she's sad.
    :33 < its making me sad to think about :((

Roleplaying!

Nepeta loves roleplaying. She loves it so much, she likes roleplaying in online conversation! She tends to do this often, but it became rarer later on.
Nepeta always refers to herself as "ac". She refers to others as their abbreviations as well. (ie: GC, CG, CT, etc...)
Her character is her lusus, Pounce de Leon! She refers to her as a mighty huntress, and roleplays as her most of the time. She also roleplays as her moirail, Equius, with Equius! In other words, they roleplay as each other.
She uses more "fancy" words when she roleplays, such as "purrplexment, saunters, and crestfallen".
Her roleplaying isn't as violent as some of the others, and if she roleplays with someone who is, she tends to make more mistakes or talk ooc. She also talks ooc if she's shocked, like when Karkat asked her to be on the Red Team:

AC: :33 < i am???
AC: :33 < i mean *ac says i am??? wondrously*

Relationships!

Aradia: Nepeta was one of the few players who knew Aradia had died shortly after she became a ghost. The two have a positive bond with each other.

Tavros: Nepeta is friends with Tavros, this seems to be one of her underrated relationships. Although Tavros is allergic to cats, he gladly attemps to roleplay with her. The two seem to have a good friendship with each other.

Sollux: Sollux and Nepeta have never messaged each other in canon, but based on Sollux's personality, it can be assumed that Sollux would find most things Nepeta did to be a bit idiotic, similar to what Clockwork said in his rp guide for Sollux.

Karkat: Oh gog, here comes a big one. Nepeta does have a flushcrush on Karkat, but doesn't have the courage to tell him. Karkat doesn't like her roleplaying, but otherwise he responds neutrally to her. Now, if in any case you roleplay a scenario where Nepeta asks Karkat to be her matesprit and he turns her down, do NOT roleplay Nepeta as a crybaby or anything of that liking. She would be sad, yes, but she wouldn't bawl out in tears OR show resentment to Karkat or whoever he likes.

Kanaya: The two have never talked in canon, but we can assume that their relationship is positive!

Terezi: Another roleplay buddy of Nepeta, Terezi and Nepeta have a positive relationship with each other. Although Terezi roleplays facetiously with her, she does have respect for Nep. Nepeta. Wont. Have. Resentment. For. Terezi. If. Karkat. Becomes. Her. Matesprit.

Vriska: Vriska actually wants to roleplay with Nepeta voluntarily! However, Nepeta tends to refuse to roleplay with her, as she has seen the violence that her OC tends to cause. Like we said before, Nepeta's roleplaying is not that violent, her character only hunts. However, Vriska has a somewhat high impression on Nepeta.

Equius: The meowrails! Nepeta likes Equius, obviously. The two of them are moirails, so Nepeta calms down Equius and vice versa. Nepeta CAN be a little frustrated with him, however, but her opinion of him doesn't change for the worse. Nepeta can sense if something is wrong with Equius, whether if its his quadrants or his mood. She is a great moirail to him, and he is very glad that he has her. <>

Gamzee: Nepeta probably got along with Gamzee, surprisingly! The two of them never really reacted when he wasn't sober, though.

Eridan: Eridan thought of Nepeta as a possibly matesprit after his whole incident with Feferi. Nepeta didn't like his advances, finding them a bit creepy and overbearing. Eridan is her server player, which makes him think that she should be grateful to him. The two of them are probably not on good terms, she did destroy his computer, after all. However, Nepeta does show respect for him, saying that he didn't deserve to die, when Jasprosesprite^2 mentioned it.

Feferi: They didn't interact much before their deaths, but after FEFETASPRITE, the two of them were seen hanging out together a lot! It's assumed that before their death and after that they had a positive reputation with each other.

KIDS: Nepeta and John never reacted, but John felt sadness at her death during the retcons. Rose and Nepeta got to know each other because Nep wanted to talk to Jaspersprite, so they're relationship is good. Rose even used a cat pun for her! Jade was Nepeta's favorite human, although Jade thought that she was just teasing her. Dave and Nepeta interacted off screen, referring to him as "Awkete Purrmusk". Perhaps the two roleplayed?

Thank you for reading my first roleplaying guide, I hope you enjoyed, and good luck playing Miss Nepeta Leijon! :33
Please leave your opinions below, I want to see them!

Please leave your opinions and comments below, I want to know how this guide turned out and if it helped you at all :33
Came for the guide, stayed for the free cat puns. 33/33
Nice guide, also thanks for referencing my guide in there.
(08-03-2015 07:02 AM)Void Wrote: [ -> ]Came for the guide, stayed for the free cat puns. 33/33

I have no idea what you could pawsibly be talking about. ;33

(08-03-2015 09:09 AM)Clockwork Wrote: [ -> ]Nice guide, also thanks for referencing my guide in there.

No problem! It really did teach me how to hack into my inner douchebag.
(08-03-2015 11:08 AM)Tobi387 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2015 07:02 AM)Void Wrote: [ -> ]Came for the guide, stayed for the free cat puns. 33/33

(08-03-2015 09:09 AM)Clockwork Wrote: [ -> ]Nice guide, also thanks for referencing my guide in there.

[Image: tumblr_m9los8CDqa1rtcfaqo1_500.gif]
Bravo! It's always nice to see a guide that not only details a character's personality but also delves into his/her relationships with other characters.
(08-03-2015 03:53 PM)Clockwork Wrote: [ -> ]-Insert Aradia gif here because holy shit that was big.-[/img]

-double pistols and a wonk-

(08-03-2015 04:28 PM)Alex Vandic Wrote: [ -> ]Bravo! It's always nice to see a guide that not only details a character's personality but also delves into his/her relationships with other characters.

Thank you! I agree, it's always helpful, especially because you know, you're actually *talking* to a person, their personality might change based on who they're talking to.
This seems like a good guide! I'm happy that people post things like this so we can get our inner homestuck on.
*ac approves of this message and roleplayer!*
(08-03-2015 03:53 PM)Diskord Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2015 11:08 AM)Tobi387 Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: tumblr_m9los8CDqa1rtcfaqo1_500.gif]

This picture looks familiar.
Nepeta is my favorite troll and i love roleplaying as her! So thank you a lot for the guide :33[/quirk]
Reference URL's