MSPARP Boards

Full Version: FANTROLL REVIEW/GOD TIER DIAGNOSIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Okay! Let's break this down!

Okay, so the character is Chirag Canowi, Chirag meaning a guide of Light, while Canowi meaning 'forest hunter'. Chirag is based off the constellation Orion, whom is the hunter. He uses a spear, and also likes to play the violin. He doesn't really like being alone, excluding when he's out hunting. He has a tendency to brag about his hunting and fighting skills as well, with a tendency to be over confident in his skills, at times getting in over his head and taking on to big of foes.
Okay, so boasting seems like a Thief or Page tendency. A dislike of loneliness makes me think Blood. Destructive overconfidence could also be Princely.

He also has a tendency to be blunt, and very rarely lies unless he absolutely needs to. He also gets really enthusiastic about the smallest things, but quickly becomes bored and moves on to the next interesting thing.
Blunt honesty is a Light trait. And the enthusiasm you describe is a Roguish behavior, maybe a Rogue of Life or Light?

He also has a bit of black and white thinking, and tries to stick to his word as much as possible, often times bending backwards to fulfill promises. He tends to think that others are the same way, and is shocked time and time again when he is betrayed, especially if it was someone he was close to, or even someone he admired secretly.
Hope. This is SUCH a hope thing. Maybe a Heir of Hope? Or Page of Hope? Or possibly a Prince of Rage? His faith being broken could quickly drive him to Rage from what you're saying. Actually, now I'm thinking about it, promises and responsibilities and bonds are very Blood things. You can probably go either way here, depending on what you want to emphasize!

Which is why he will do anything to get his revenge when someone actually does betray him, especially if that person was close to him, regardless of the reasons.
Oh, speak of the devil-- Yeah, this is a Prince of Rage behavior! However, again this could be seen as someone breaking a close bond of trust with him.

He's a fan troll, so I should probably talk about blood color and hemoloyalty. That might help. Anyways, his blood color is green (not jade or lime), and as far as hemoloyalty goes, he tends to brag about his blood color to lowbloods, and treats high bloods with respect. Still, if a high blood crosses him, he goes after them, even if he can only manage to do a small prank. If a low blood impresses him, he treats them with the same respect with anyone, but if a low blood crosses him, he's more likely to kill them, since he's more likely to get away with it.
Okay, this makes me think blood again... Hm. Killing based on blood is destroying based on blood, so Prince of Blood is the vibe I get from this piece :)

I already have an idea that his lunar sway is Prospit, so yeah. If there's any more info, or suggestions you'd like to make, I'd love to hear them ^^. And I'm curious to see what you think his classpect will be as well.

Okay, so I'm stuck between Prince of Rage and Blood. But I'm willing to lean more on Blood, because Blood and Rage can overlap in places. That thing about the way he forms really sealed the deal! I might revisit this later, but I hope this helped :)

Overall, I think you have a solid fantroll here. What I have found is that the more you RP or play around with your fantroll, the more interesting details you can develop about them. Keep up the good work -- Chirag is only getting better from here :). I like that you based him off of an actual constellation -- if your interested in finding some extra details, I'm pretty sure there's a myth about Orion that may lend some interesting character traits, if you haven't already ^^

I suggest checking out Dahni for an analysis on that classpect, and if you don't feel it fits, let me know and I can revisit this ^^

Happy Creating!
(12-23-2018 08:01 AM)bookishAthlete Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I'm just wondering what a thief of void's god tier abilities might be (does personality play into this?)

Alright, one thief of void power set coming right up :)

A brief side note of God Tiering and Personalities: To answer your question, yes. The personality of a character absolutely plays into what powers they realize ^^! This is why no two players, even if they have an identical classpect, sign color, and dreaming moon, will be exactly the same! There are so many different interpretations of what any given classpect will be able to do. Fundamentally, any player COULD, in theory, utilize any/all interpretation(s) of their title's powers, but it's a matter of IF they are able to. A lot of any given person's title depends on what they believe their title means! So they probably couldn't use all interpretations, because only one or two would really resonate with them. Take me for instance-- I share a classpect and dreaming moon with Kanaya, and we do share basic underlying traits of a Sylph of Space, but I'm really not that much like her outside of that. Not only will personality influence god tier powers, but so will interests, I would imagine ^^

Now, onto this Thief's powers!!
I'll focus on the powers for now, but if you want a full analysis, let me know and I'm happy to do so :)

BASICS:
Class: Thieves steal their aspect for selfish gain. Often, they will start out lacking in their aspect for one reason or another (See Vriska's terrible luck upon her introduction). They are grandiose people, with loud and often egocentric and domineering personalities. With a thief, their way is ALWAYS the right way. They are stubborn and can sometimes lack empathy, hurting others with brash, unfeeling, and selfish actions. However, it isn't fair to paint thieves as only marauding, selfish people. They often are tragically sweet. More often than not, they have good intentions, and don't quite realize that they are hurting people. A lot of the time however,(not always, but often) a thief will, deep down at the very least, know that what they are doing is wrong. Because of that understanding, they will try and make excuses for their behavior to themselves and others, arguing "It's for their own good" or "You're just overreacting". If they are really sorry for something, they will often overcompensate in the other extreme direction. For example, Vriska eventually fundamentally understands that hurting Tavros was wrong. However, thieves are extremely proud, and instead of apologizing, she decided to try and fix him, which only exacerbated the issue. A thief only behaves this way because they have been taught by and authority (society, a parent/guardian, etc.) that they cannot show weakness, and this is just the way the world is. They may not be aware of this flaw in their logic. They are often haunted by deep seated insecurities about their proficiency with their aspect, and will try to act like the best in hopes that if they fake it long enough, nobody will know. They really often are perfectly proficient, but outside influences have made it hard for them. A thief's job is to find support systems that will fulfill their need for validation, fix their bullying behavior, and learn to share their aspect with others. (Sorry for the rant -- I just really like this class!)

Aspect: Void is all about obscurity, a lack of something, secrets, depths, and the unknown. It's the space between words, shadows, darkness. Like every aspect, it's not necessarily malignant or benign. Where light is knowledge, void is secrets, where light is vision, void is blurry, and where light is attention (the spotlight, so to speak), void is obscurity -- fading into the background. Common symbols are deep water, darkness, invisibility, and the horrorterrors.

So onto this powerset. A Thief of Void would be able to steal all those things. On one hand, they could steal secrets from an enemy, but they could also use this to blackmail teammates with their deepest secrets. A Thief of Void could steal darkness, effectively making themselves invisible. The key difference between a Thief and a Rogue is that a Thief takes and gives the stolen things to themself, while a Rogue takes and gives to other people. As a last resort, a Thief could steal other people's obscurity/lack of importance and give it to themselves in order to help out teammates. A Thief of Void would be great at playing dumb, looking weak and innocent, all the while stealing. A thief of void would be an excellent liar, and nearly never get caught in a lie. They would be master criminals, able to frame others that are ignorant or unimportant with ease. Another interesting ability they could have would be to make decoys. They could make a fake of an important object seem like the real deal, while making the real one seem important. They could also, technically, steal water or liquids.

Hope this helped ^^!!
Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your help with this ^^.
(12-31-2018 10:11 AM)DemonfireASW Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your help with this ^^.

Anytime ^^!! Let me know if you need anything else :)
Thank you so much! This is really helpful :D
(sorry I didn't see this earlier)
(01-05-2019 02:13 AM)bookishAthlete Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much! This is really helpful :D
(sorry I didn't see this earlier)

No worries, I'm really glad I could help! Let me know if you need anything else ^^
Hi! I was wondering if this is still open? I'm wondering about a classpect and your explanations and analysis have been awesome to read over! :D
(01-30-2019 11:28 AM)CriedHavoc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I was wondering if this is still open? I'm wondering about a classpect and your explanations and analysis have been awesome to read over! :D

Yes this is for sure still open! Just let me know what's on your mind and I'll get on it ASAP :)
Ooh, I'm interested now. I have a character named Ciphra Deciev, and she's a Rogue of Light. I'm curious as to how her classpect and personality would correspond with each other.

More about Ciphra: She's very blunt and to-the-point, and the uncontested "boss" of her session. However, her businesslike exterior only extends to the business of the actual in-game motives of SGRUB, as her pre-SGRUB self is extremely social and honestly kind of a nerd. Her interests include divination and literature, although it takes her a while to fully get a grasp on the whole "accurate predictions" thing.

What I know about her classpect: Light is an aspect that I know particularly well, but I'm more interested in the Rogue part. I understand Rogues as "stealing ASPECT from their enemies and using it for the betterment of their friends", and since Light corresponds to information and luck / fortune, I'm curious as to how that would work. My take on it is that Ciphra "steals" luck from her enemies and distributes it to her teammates in battle. IDK, it's a weird pairing and I'd like your ideas about it.
(02-06-2019 07:01 AM)celestialLaureate Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, I'm interested now. I have a character named Ciphra Deciev, and she's a Rogue of Light. I'm curious as to how her classpect and personality would correspond with each other.

More about Ciphra: She's very blunt and to-the-point, and the uncontested "boss" of her session. However, her businesslike exterior only extends to the business of the actual in-game motives of SGRUB, as her pre-SGRUB self is extremely social and honestly kind of a nerd. Her interests include divination and literature, although it takes her a while to fully get a grasp on the whole "accurate predictions" thing.

What I know about her classpect: Light is an aspect that I know particularly well, but I'm more interested in the Rogue part. I understand Rogues as "stealing ASPECT from their enemies and using it for the betterment of their friends", and since Light corresponds to information and luck / fortune, I'm curious as to how that would work. My take on it is that Ciphra "steals" luck from her enemies and distributes it to her teammates in battle. IDK, it's a weird pairing and I'd like your ideas about it.

Okay! I'm going to give you a quick review of the Rogue of Light and then point out what personality traits your character has that correspond to it! Expect this back in a week or so ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's