MSPARP Boards

Full Version: Transferring Forum Ownership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The MSPARP Forums are back up, but as we have not been able to get in contact with the former administrators and the current team does not have an interest in managing them, we will need to find new people to take care of them.

Once we are able to hand them over to either the former administrators or a new team of administrators, MSPARP will no longer be officially supporting them (although we will continue to provide hosting until such a time as we cannot afford to do so.) We do not have the will or the personnel resources to engage in the kind of overseeing that we would need to in order to keep these as part of the official site. Although it will be up to the administrators how the board is run, we hope to find people who will continue running it in a way that the Forum users will be happy with.

I will continue to try and contact the former administrators to see if they would like to resume their positions on the board. Some of them I will not try to contact directly as I do not wish to make them feel I am trying to give them a hard time. If we are unable to transfer ownership to a former administrator, we will attempt to find a new one who has the confidence of the forum’s user population.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has been to the Forum users.
Good luck finding somebody to hold down this fort. I hope they take care of the place.
Seeing as the Moderator application memo has been considered closed, I intend to keep throwing my hat into the ring for consideration. I really don't want to see these forums go down under.
Necroposting this, for which I apologize, but for a good cause:

Is anyone in touch with the old moderators/administrators? It appears Nadia's stopped replying and I haven't heard any news in quite a while, so even if we do have people willing to moderate, I'm not sure how they're actually going to get the access and resources they need to do so.

If the people who did step forward to be new moderators are already on it and it's just moving slowly, then that's a-okay, take your time and ignore me completely. Just wondering if there's anything that needs to be done, I can't commit to full-time moderation duties but I'd be willing to help with the transition!

Edit: if Fate of the Forums or some new memo is a better place for this, please let me know!
Reference URL's