MSPARP Boards

Full Version: Sburbia Online ~ Chapter 4 : No Strife in the War Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Everyone => Team huddle!
> KATE: Test it out on someone! Maybe Clay or Jack, if they'd let you? Lisa's way too scary.
Everyone: Team huddle!

As the countdown timer reaches the 8 minute mark, you gather for a quick conference before the next meteors touch down.

====>

[Image: dIbe6SQ.gif]

Three more meteors crash down: one in Jack's yard, one in his neighbor's yard, and one on top of Lisa's roof.
Clay ==> Try and fashion shotgun out of a garden pipe, fertiliser and a novelty Mr. T lighter.
> JACK: Give commands to your teammates; Kate and Clay go investigate his neighbor's place, Lisa go check out her place and he stays here.
> JACK: Also feel a sense of pride at how awesome being a leader is.
Clay: Try and fashion shotgun out of a garden pipe, fertilizer and a novelty Mr. T lighter.

You successfully locate Jack's GARDEN PIPE and FERTILIZER around the side of his house. You don't know if Jack even has a NOVELTY MR. T LIGHTER, so you substitute a regular lighter instead. Once you finish your handiwork, you realize that more meteors have crashed down and the piece of shit doesn't work.

Kate and Clay: Investigate Jack's neighbor's place.

Jack splits up the team into groups. He stays in his own yard to check out the crash there, and sends you two to hop the fence into his neighbor's yard.

You are now KATE. Clay helps you over the fence and easily makes the jump by himself. You can see an IMP emerge from the smoke of the landing.

Lisa: Check out your place.

Unfortunately, you can't scale the wall back up into your room. Instead, you are forced to re-enter your house through your front door. You run up the stairs without any regard to your dad who is asleep on the sofa. The TV's still on the fishing channel. Classy.

You run into your bedroom. The room would be absolutely flooded with smoke if it weren't for the convenient new skylight in your roof hastily installed by a high velocity projectile from space. There's also a monster. It looks like a bigger version of an imp.

Jack: Stay there.

You turn around to face the meteor crash and are greeted by another imp. The imp is lunging at you this time, because you spent some precious few seconds deploying your teammates to other fields of battle.

Jack: Also feel a sense of pride at how awesome being a leader is.

You do that. Your attempt is an overwhelming success, despite the imp swiping in your general direction.
> AUTHOR: Randomize which strife we see first.
Author: Randomize which strife we control first.

...What? Uh, alright. Let me just bust out the old...

...Shit, I don't have a three sided dice. Does a three sided dice even exist?

Uh... Whoa what the fuck is that thing? Welp, I guess they exist. I still don't have one though. Looks like I'm using an RNG. Where's that... Lua script runner bookmark at... Ah, there it is.

Okay. 1 for Jack, 2 for Lisa, 3 for Kate and Clay. Here we go!

It's a 3! In retrospect, that probably took way longer than it should have. Let's get to it, shall we?
> KATE and CLAY: STRIFE! (more specifically Kate though, since she's the only one that can attack)
Kate & Clay: STRIFE! (more specifically Kate though, since she's the only one that can attack)

Your are now KATE. You're nervous about taking on this foe as the only offensive force, even with Clay here to protect you.

STRIFE!!!

[Image: a7zylwY.png] [Image: fYKN3Qo.png]
KATE and her cohort
VS

IMP

[Image: mE8fiZd.png]

ROUND 1
[Image: B8Xjxcn.png]
[CA] Imp: Make the first move.

Kate's hesitation and Clay's inability to actually attack give you the perfect opportunity to strike. You pounce.

To hit: 1d20+Habitus = 11+0 = 11
Damage: 1d4+Mangrit = 2+3 = 5

You were originally aiming for KATE, but CLAY's hovering around her like nobody's business, so your attack hit's him instead. CLAY takes 5 damage, and is registered into the encounter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Reference URL's